“Lovely, wonderful breakfasts, attentive staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frisco Inn on Galena

Save Saved
You added Frisco Inn on Galena to your Saves list
Frisco Inn on Galena
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   106 Galena Street & 1st Ave, PO Box 1325, Frisco, CO 80443 (Formerly Galena Street Mountain Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
15% Off for 2 nights+
Ranked #1 of 5 Frisco B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Lovely, wonderful breakfasts, attentive staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a cute inn in Frisco. With the limited number of rooms each guest gets just the amount of attention they desire. The breakfasts were wonderful and the owner and staff were very helpful. The bed was not the most comfortable, nor was the shower, but they far exceeded the other B&B's I've stayed at. If we visit Frisco again we won't hesitate to stay here!

Room Tip: No A/C available- a room with lots of windows to open during the day is helpful ;)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I booked the Frisco Inn based upon other reviews from Trip Adviser for 3 nights. The hotel was excellent and the staff were great. The king room I had was very nice. They have an excellent happy hour each night with wine and different hors d'oeuvres. The breakfast is advertised as gourmet, but I would classify it as a standard breakfast, filling, but nothing exceptional. The location is great near the main avenue and close to walking trails. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The owner took time out of his day to talk with us and was very helpful about answering questions. They have a very nice patio with a fire in the evening to enjoy the happy hour.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Frisco Inn for 3 days and I wish I did not have to leave. My room had very high quality linens, great shampoo and lotion (if you forget yours - which I often do), a very nice TV (movies you can borrow too - just ask the staff), and most importantly very comfy beds. The staff is so friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The owner took the time to chat with me about biking and gear. The staff made sure I had my favorite tea or latte in the morning and a nice glass of wine and cheese during happy hour. The snacks and beverages available all day are a major perk in my book. I would recommend that anyone stay at the Frisco Inn while you enjoy exploring Frisco and Breckenridge. Don't forget to sit out on the back deck by the gas fireplace at night or read and watch the birds in the morning. I cannot wait to come back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We needed a little weekend away from Denver and this location not only privided what we needed but exceeded our expectations!
The staff were extremely attentive to our needs including making an excellent breakfast; knowledgable suggestions about the area; and ensuring our happy hour experience was relaxing and enjoyable.
You cannot beat the location right in the center of town, near three major resorts (Breckenridge, Keystone, and Copper Mountain). They have bikes available to get you around and close to local hiking spots.
We will definitely return as I think we have found our new favorite spot to stay in Frisco.

• Stayed July 2013
Johns Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the end of my second week at the Inn and I'm wishing i could add a third! My 4th stay at the Inn in two years. I feel so comfortable and at home and actually feel like I'm visiting with extended family members when i check in.

I've stayed in 3 different type rooms.. all are spacious, comfortable and welcoming. My two week stay in a room with a porch has allowed me to feel as though I were living my own home. In the morning, the Owner and Innkeeper offer me specialty Cappuccino, Latte, or Espresso as soon as I walk into the dining room. Homemade breakfast - a different menu each day - and, modified to my non-meat diet, is a wonderful way to start the day. (Love a soy cappuccino) It's a good time to share experiences or upcoming day plans with the other guests and get suggestions from Bruce or Steve on what to do. Happy Hour in the afternoons with wine and appetizers either in the dining room, front porch or back deck is a perfect way to end the day. I've sat around the fire pit watching the hummingbirds fly to the feeder sitting with other guests and the staff discussing our activities of the day or just sharing personal stories.

My adult daughter has joined me for part of this visit, arriving a week after me. I was amazed that the afternoon after she checked in the staff all knew her name and began talking with her as if she'd also been staying her for as long as I have.

Bruce, the owner of the Inn, has added some bikes to the options of activities in the Inn. No more renting bikes - these are provided first come first serve. It's a pleasure to stay in an Inn that has computers, a printer for guests, a pool table/game room, wonderful living room where guests, the owner and the Innkeeper often sit and discuss the days activities.

I'm already looking for a time to make my next reservation... Can't wait to come back!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. I love the patio room 101.. King Bed, large porch with table and chairs. N...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
bruce_knoepfel, Owner at Frisco Inn on Galena, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad to hear you feel like family when you are with us! We just added the bikes this summer and are thrilled to see our guests putting them to good use. Hope to see you back at the Inn very soon!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my first time visiting the town of Frisco. It was a quaint, small town, with nice people, great stores, and breathtaking scenery. I would return in a heartbeat, if I could. My family really enjoyed their stay. The Frisco Inn added to our love of the time we spent there.
We stayed in the family suite, which had a sitting room, two beds for the kids, and a separate room for me and my husband. We loved having all that space.
The inn offered a variety of board games, movies to borrow, a lovely hot tub, and bicycles for around town. The breakfast was good, and the evening snacks were enjoyable.
My only issue would be with the people who running the inn. And it is not an issue, as a problem, more so an issue as I was expecting too much, I guess. I was never sure who the owners were, as nobody introduced themselves, as such. My husband and I were always guessing who it was. There was an older gentlemen, who tooled around in the morning, and offered my kids hot chocolate in a calm, but not very zealous fashion. He usually just seemed tired, and not interested in waiting on people. He was never rude, or mean. Just tired. Then there was a woman. She was usually moving at hyper speed, and always seemed stressed and rushed. If you asked her something, she would smile, and say "of course", then be off and rushing. Again, never rude, or mean, but not really one to sit down and chat about the town. I always got the feeling I was adding to her stress when I asked a question. Then there was a twenty something boy, who looked like a snowboarder, and a young man who worked the front desk a lot. They both also made breakfast one day, when the rushed lady was not there.
The rushed lady made eggs benedict one morning and waffles, which were very good. The two young men made sausage, scrambled eggs and hash browns, which were good, but pretty ordinary for a bed and breakfast.
It just felt like this beautiful inn once had owners that really loved it, and their jobs, and for whatever reason, they had to leave, and it is now run by people who HAVE to run it, instead of WANTING to run it. And to me, that is a big difference. But if you don't care about mingling with other people, are willing to explore on your own, and only want a nice place to sleep, with a great location, you will do just fine here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and strive to make our Inn an enjoyable experience for all of our guests. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service, and socializing and developing friendships with our guests is an important part of that. We also try to respect our guests' privacy when we sense that they are seeking more personal family time. Our impression was that your family wanted to focus on time together during your stay with us and we did not want to intrude upon your special time. We apologize for misinterpreting your expectations and hope you'll visit again soon! If you come again, please contact me directly at the Inn and let me know what more we can do to make you feel comfortable at the Inn for your next stay.
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was my first visit to Frisco. I found that the staff very helpful. They provided me with all the information that I required for my cycling holiday. The breakfasts were a great start to the day. The waffles and omelettes were my favourites. The rooms were clean, and the beds were very comfortable after a long day on the road. The Inn is central and is a short walk to the great restaurants. I am going to come back to Colorado in the winter and will definitely book at the Frisco Inn again:)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Frisco Inn on Galena? Share your experiences!