The Frisco Inn on Gelena
-The new owners (purchased by Frisco Lodge early 2012) have family roots that have been providing hospitality in Frisco since the late 1800's. They must be doing something right.
-Somehow Frisco Inn is categorized as a B&B, and yes they have great beds, and a great breakfast, but this is really an inn.
-Large rooms with great views, comfortable beds. There is a hot tub and sauna.
-Hot soup at 4:30 during wine & cheese, and delicious warm cookies.
-Super friendly staff - Bruce, Steve and Delrita (the cookie maker) are awesome & helpful!
-The Inn has an atmosphere that invites conversation with other guests with plenty of areas to get away.
-Ski equipment storage area with boot dryers.
-Easy walking distance (as in 100 ft) to great shops & restaurants.
If you are like me, I always worry about going somewhere new that it might be time & money wasted. The Frisco Inn left me with the feeling of a small inn, doing honest/good work and providing a great experience for their guests. I love businesses like that. I recommend them highly.
I'm a Colorado native, yet somehow always thought of Frisco as a place to get gas on my way somewhere else - what a loss all these years. But after taking Exit 201 instead of 203, I discovered Frisco. In terms of the feel of a Colorado mountain town, I consider Frisco in the "Goldilocks" category of just right. It seems like most mountain towns have graduated to rich and/or pretentious (Aspen, Vail, Beaver Creek, Telluride and to some degree Breckenridge) or stagnated into places that are too "Colorado mountain town" to make anyone want to stay there (Georgetown, Leadville). Frisco has a flavor much more like Steamboat Springs (except not in the middle of nowhere.) It has not lost it's honesty as a Colorado mountain town while still providing travelers with a great experience that is not too touristy (ala Estes Park.) It is close to Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, & Vail and right on I-70 which means a straight shot back to Denver.
- Also Known As:
- Galena Street Mountain Hotel Frisco
- Galena Street Mountain Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Frisco Inn on Galena is Frisco’s exclusive boutique hotel with all of the amenities to make your stay more comfortable, enjoyable and relaxing. The Inn offers 15 beautifully furnished guest rooms equipped with 32" TV, HDTV and complimentary Wi-Fi.You will feel at ease in the simple yet sophisticated decor and furnishings of the Frisco Inn on Galena. Gather with other guests in the cozy living room with a fire burning, or enjoy the magnificent view from our sun deck. Walk to the many fine restaurants and shops on Frisco's Main Street right out our backdoor! Centrally located to 5 major ski resorts and just over an hour from Denver International Airport, we have everything to offer for your Rocky Mountain getaway. Let us show you our exceptional hospitality and service; our Inn is the perfect setting to relax, reconnect, recreate, and rejuvenate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Frisco Inn on Galena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.