“Stay away from this place!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ft. Garland Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Garland
Ft. Garland Motor Inn
You added Ft. Garland Motor Inn to your Saves list
411 Hwy 160, Fort Garland, CO 81133   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fort Garland
TX
“Stay away from this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

To Anybody doing business in the San Luis Valley, please stay away from this place, the place itself is not bad , the managent is completeley awful.
1.-first is you ask for a room, they will look how you are dress, what kind of car you are driving and if they do not like the look of your face they might not even give you a room.
2.-Seems like they are watching you everything you are doing inside or outside, I step out of my room to give some phone to my co-workers that stayed at another hotel.
As soon as I arrived at the reception are to look if they were outside, the lady (owner) came asking if I was going out or something, I think that's "none of their business" but she was very interrogating about my activities.

3.-I work doing some IT job during the night so I came back around 4am. The Lady call me exactly at 10:00 AM to tell me if I was staying another night because the check out time was at 10: 00AM??? unbelieveble

4.-Finally they charge 2 dollars for internet, no big deal but with the experience I had. I have a problem paying those extra 2 bucks!

Please do yourself a favor and drive anothe 20 miles an stay in anyother hotel in Alamosa, CO

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Creede, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

This hotel is located on the west side of the La Veta pass. There isn't much in Ft. Garland but if you need a place to stay between Alamosa and Walsenburg this is it. The owner operator is very nice and takes pride in her property. (in fact it is a liitle like staying at your mothers house...)

All rooms are non smoking and not pets are allowed. The rooms are furnished with just the basic essentials but they are VERY CLEAN! TV with cable, phones, coffee maker, table/chairs, dresser and bed. The heaters work very well which is nice on a cold snowy night.

Price was a little high but maybe this was because we were a walk in. They do offer AAA and AARP discounts.

FYI: There is NO cellular service in Ft. Garland

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Ft. Garland Motor Inn? Share your experiences!