“First time, great taste of Ethiopian food.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 483 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Flossmoor, Illinois
“First time, great taste of Ethiopian food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The restaurant is small but nicely decorated. The waitress was friendly but extremely busy, being the only wait staff on the night we visited. The food was wonderful & we got a lot. I got the spiced tea & it was so good. I really don't remember what it was that I had but being with a large group we were all tasting each others dishes. They were all extremely good. The sponge bread is really good. I would definitely go again when we return to Fort Collins.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greenville, South Carolina
“A wonderful trip to Ethiopia while in Ft. Collins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This restaurant was really a wonderful place! It is decorated in authentic Ethiopian decor. The food was very tasty! The owner of the restaurant talked to us about Ethiopia, the country she grew up in. She answered all of my questions and shared a lot about the culture and way of life there. It sounds like a really neat place!

The coffee we had at the end of our meal was roasted on site by the owner. She uses coffee sourced from Ethiopia. It was delicious! One of the best cups of coffee I've had.

A really great place. I highly recommend it!

• Visited August 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good for Ft Collins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family recently relocated from East Africa and were looking forward to finding a local Ethiopian place. As other reviewers have said, the food is made fresh and the use of spices is very good. Having said that, it is different from the Ethiopian food that we found in East Africa. For one, the dish Dora Wot traditionally is a chicken leg complete with a boiled egg on top. The waitress told us that locals don't like the chicken leg so they subsituted it with boneless chicken breast. Also, the will provide the egg if you request it when you make the reservation otherwise, it was not there.
As I said, the food is good but just not completely authentic.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Best Ethiopian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have travelled the country for many years, and I always seek out Ethiopian restaurants wherever I go, and Nyala is one of the best if not the best in the entire country! Food was very fresh, spice level was perfect, I just can not say enough about this restaurant. I would advise anyone that has never tried Ethiopian to try it here, this will become your benchmark for all other Ethiopian restaurants after you become hooked on the food.

• Visited July 2013
FORT COLLINS
“delicious without fat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just learned about Nyala's from Trip Advisor--wanted something different. This excellent restaurant offers true Ethiopian entres in a restful setting. As 'first timers' the waiter suggested we try the mildest versions. My wife had the chicken Tibs and I ordered the lamb (mine was tastier I feel).Preparation was perfect--small morsels-not fatty- sautéed with tomato, green pepper and onion--we both had collard greens and wonderful yellow split peas. all served on a curious looking pancake like dough. I'd order the same dish again! Save room for the Baklava dessert--delicious too. we shall return--good choice.

• Visited May 2013