“Better than most - prefer the Hampton down the street” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Columbus, OH
“Better than most - prefer the Hampton down the street”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

I stayed here because of the corporate rate that my customer has with the hotel. The room was the same caliber that you get at a Hampton Inn. The only downside was the breakfast situation. They have a Starbucks / breakfast counter that you have to stand in line to order. Not a good thing when you are in a hurry. I just want to grab a coffee in the pump machine and run out the door - not stand in line for 20 minutes while people get fancy Starbucks coffees at 6:30 in the morning. You also have to order your breakfast at the same counter (it's not a help yourself buffet). So if you want breakfast you have to stand in the same Starbucks line for your breakfast sandwich. They only had 2 people because of this. I want a buffet that I can grab food quickly and pump my own coffee (or tea). That's the only negative about this place. Everything else was wonderful. If you don't have to get out the door to an early morning meeting, this is a great place to stay. But if you want to eat breakfast and need to get to a meeting first thing in the morning, eat someplace else.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Scott D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Collins, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Fort Collins and thank you for your review. The Bistro concept at the Courtyard attempts to provide a higher quality experience for our guest than your typical "buffet" breakfast. The Bistro does offer Starbucks coffees and espresso drinks that guest are unable to find a similar hotels. Our average wait time is less than 8 minutes for our AM breakfast customers. The Bistro also offers a full dinner menu complete with a full bar menu. If you stay with us again, we welcome you to call the front desk and place your order before you leave your room. This will greatly speed up your Bistro experience and allow you to get to your desired destination quicker.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

I have to admit that this was one of the dirtiest hotels I have ever stayed in!! Carpet was filthy , with stains and track marks. Window had hand prints all over. Guess someone forgot to flush before they left. Walls are really thin. You can almost hear everything going on in the next room. An don't expect to get a lot of sleep due to hearing other rooms doors slamming shut. Staff was snobbish. Quoted one price then changed it stating that they were really booked because of the home coming football game. Was supposed to be a thirty day stay but left after five days due to the condition of the room and lack of response from the staff. One up side of this hotel is your centrally located in Fort Collins.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Scott D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Collins, responded to this review, November 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Courtyard Fort Collins. I apologize that the hotel and staff did not meet your expectations. I would love to discuss your staff further. Please contact me directly at the hotel if possible. I strong believe your experience is not typical of our hotel and hope you are able to stay with us again.
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

I made my registration on-line based on proximity to a workshop I was attending and the availability of a conference rate.

The on-line process was easy and pleasant, and it was easy to obtain information about local travel and how to reach the Courtyard from Denver using SuperShuttle. The links to local maps worked just fine.

The next pleasant experience came the week before travel, when I received a "We're preparing for your stay!" e-mail with reminders, confirmation, links, including for the 10-day weather forecast, dining possibilities, local events and available activities.

On check-in, which went off without a hitch, I remarked about the e-mail. The local staff was unaware that Courtyard by Marriott provided that. They were delighted, as was I.

Unpacking in the room, I was amazed by the appointments. Every wall fixture and lamp has two 3-prong outlets in the base. Beside the double bed, there is a small sofa, coffee table, and a great desk area with a roll-out lower desk that is perfect for keyboard and laptop. And the free WiFi was all I needed. This Courtyard is relatively new and it has been renovated in the past 2 years. The result is amazing. The large wide-screen TV is nice, as is the selection of free cable channels.

I used the funky little coffee maker to make a single cup of regular coffee on my first morning, leaving the decaf unused. What delighted me the next morning was the presence of two packages of regular coffee and no decaf.

I did not even think to ask about it, and when I wandered out for breakfast I immediately saw two PCs set up for on-line check-ins and printing of boarding passes. It was effortless.

The bistro in the lobby attracts people sitting and working at their laptops. I had a noon-time shuttle pick-up so I took advantage of the bistro for a leisurely breakfast. My server was amiable and attentive. I don't think the breakfast was out of line for hotel fare, and the breakfast was ample and delicious. (The plastic utensils appear to be compostable but they could be a bit more durable.)

This was a delightful experience and I was happy to say so to the staff at check-out. It very much compensated for the fact that air travel may have become efficient, but not something I look forward to any longer.

Room Tip: I think I would prefer the second floor on a second visit. I tend to be quiet (always taking my sli...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Scott D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Collins, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Fort Collins and your very kind review. We strive daily to exceed our guest's expectations and love to hear from our guest when we achieve our goal. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Fort Collins area.
Muncy, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Great facility - close to everything. I will stay here every time I am in the area. This hotel is close to all the great restaurants and shopping areas. Far enough from Denver to keep you out of the traffic but close enough that you don't have to travel fare to see or do.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Fort Collins. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Macungie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I travel on business frequently, so I typically don’t write reviews in the hotels I stay. I find them all about the same, and since I am hardly in the room, typically don’t find one which distinguishes itself from others, for good or bad. I made an exception for the Marriot Courtyard in Fort Collins, since the service and staff were just so exceptional. From the front desk, to the people working the snack bar, each and every person was genuinely friendly and helpful. On the last day, needed a place for an impromptu meeting, and asked the manager if we could borrow a conference room. He immediately took us to a room, never asking how long, or giving any indication this was an imposition. The hotel itself is comfortable and reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Scott D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Collins, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Fort Collins. My staff takes pride in going above and beyond for our guest whenever possible. Your comments are very much appreciated and will be passed along to the staff. Please let me know if I can do anything to assist with your future stays.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

It doesn't stand out as a beautiful hotel on the outside but don't let that fool you. This place is awesome. They have a beautiful facility. Nice pool, hot tub, and a gorgeous outdoor fire pit. The rooms are very nice and the hotel smells wonderful. The lobby has a beautiful modern bistro where you can have breakfast or a late night drink at the bar. You can also grab a drink at the bar and sit outside at the fire pit made from glass, so no smoke! The staff is wonderful and even asked smokers to stay out of the courtyard. This place has great management. We were very pleased. We stayed for 3 nights and it was a great experience.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably equally comfortable with little noise. The hotel is nestled off...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review of the Fort Collins Fort Collins. I agree that this hotel is a hidden gem. My favorite feature is the outdoor fire pit and courtyard. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Fort Collins area.
Crestwood, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express but the rates were too high there and decided to give the Courtyard a try. The rooms are nice but the lack of a free breakfast was disappointing. Also noticed that they didn't clean the stairs every day as there was mud tracked on the steps and remained there for a couple of days. Overall my room was clean but it did not look as though the bathroom floor was mopped all week. Was definitely a good value and will probably stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Fort Collins. I am reviewing your comments regarding the stairs and bathroom floors with my staff and we will correct these issues. The Courtyard Fort Collins does offer our Bistro breakfast service. The Bistro offers an upgraded breakfast from your run of the mill "continental buffet" featuring Starbucks and fresh made menu items. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Fort Collins.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Collins? Share your experiences!