“nasty” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3836 East Mulberry, Building B, Fort Collins, CO 80524 (Formerly Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Port Charlotte, Florida
“nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This place is going to be turned in to the BBB. No one should be staying here. Not safe and very very drity. No fire alarm, no bar no restaurant, no clean pool, no clean hot tub, no clean room, wallpapers fulling off, no coffy maker, no iron, torn towls, mold rugs bathrooms, bugs, needles, pot smell, DONT STAY!

Room Tip: None dont stay run
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Terribly dirty and appeared unsafe for guest accommodations. This hotel must have been a great hotel in its day, however, today it’s in quite a mess. My husband and I arrived very late and just needed a place to get some sleep before starting a long road trip. The Plaza has a great location, just off I-25 and the staff was friendly, but that where the niceties conclude. Our room was around the backside of the hotel, we parked and the first thing I noticed was that the parking lot was full of litter and very dark. Once into the hotel the hallway was not lit well either, until it opened to the plaza area that held a pool and gathering area. This area was lit very brightly and our room was facing in toward the pool.

The room smelt heavily of smoke, though the hotel claimed to be smoke free. We soon discovered that the curtain rod would not allow the curtains to close completely and left a large gap in which the light from the pool area streamed through. We asked for a new room, which the staff happily obliged and reprogrammed our door keys to a different room. Finding this room, we attempted to enter and the door key wouldn’t work. Again, we revisited the front and he gave us new keys and a new room number.

We were able to access this new room, but again it smelt heavily of smoke. Upon inspecting the room, it was dirty (perhaps not cleaned from the night before), there were pieces of the carpet missing, the bathroom ceiling appeared to be collapsing and smelt profoundly of mildew.

By the time we were finally in our room, it was just after 12am. The staff opened the pool area for a family with children, though the pool was supposed to close at 10pm.

I would not recommend this hotel, not even if you just needed to sleep for a few hours. Bad, terrible experience. Supposedly, there was a continental breakfast, but we did not stay long enough to check it out (for obvious reasons).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The worst place in the world I was afraid to go to sleep it stunk and there were needles laying in the parking lot outside crazy looking people everywhere. Do not stay! Keep driving even across mulberry there are much nicer hotels

• Stayed March 2014
Dayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had a coupon for $39.99 for a single. If you have to pay more than that - do not stay here. Kinda sad ... This was a grand Hotel back in the 1970's but has slowly deteriorated over the years to a homeless shelter of sorts .... Sad because there is a grand indoor pool and soaring atrium courtyard. Room was o.k. Most of the ' guests ' are scary looking. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times and as the years have passed it keeps getting worse. The ad states that there is a pool and bar. The pool smells musty and is disgusting. It states that the pool closes at 10pm but it doesn't. The bar is closed.....not for renovations, but forever(as stated by the employee). There was no fridge in the room. The phone did not work (even to call the front desk). There is no working ice machine. There was mold on the ceilings and spit on the walls. The towels for the bathroom were torn and stained. The carpet is just plain nasty (I couldn't even walk with no shoes on). There is no coffee machine in the rooms. The door didn't even close unless you slammed it (waking up everybody in the other rooms). You are supposed to have a key entrance to the inside of the hotel, but the doors did not lock at all. The parking was full of broken TV's and old mattresses. They charged me $70.00 for one night and I would have been better off sleeping in my car. I would not recommend anyone stay here. There was people all over and parties in every room. They didn't even have a breakfast. Although, they did have a "game room" it was full of old desk chairs and trash. This place should be shut down, period. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I booked my son a room here while he was visiting Colorado State. It had decent reviews on another site; but I should have checked here. The comments on Tripadvisor apparently are true. He said the room was filthy. There was essentially no one staying in the hotel; his room was alone down a dark hall. He said that even crack addicts and prostitutes would feel a bit vulnerable and uncomfortable. I paid for three nights, but was very happy to throw it away to keep him out of there. He found another hotel (you will find it well above this one on the Tripadvisor list)

Room Tip: Find one in a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rawlins, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel has obviously gone thru some changes since the other people have stayed here below but I recently booked with them online before ever seeing the place so and I wil be completly honest at first glance the outside looked okay and when I went in the front desk clerk who was new was nice and funny and her boss was there overshadowing her I waited about 5 minutes for the keys to my room and she said we would be pool side! When we parked and got out there was dog feces on the rocks so we walked around it, the area where the pool and hottub are smell not moldy but like mildew im sure because theres not great ventilation. Our room was okay beds with exceptionally comfortable blankets I loved them theres a older tv and a fridge there was an ironing board no iron however, we didnt see any shady characters as other have said there were a few kids and a family or two which is normal. We got our kids to bed and decided to go in the hot tub for a bit it wasnt as warm as should be but was nice and clean, after awhile we got into the pool which was pretty cold. There was no problem sleeping no loud noise or anything out of sorts slept comfortably! The next morning we woke up and didnt have any towels to shower with we tried asking a maid but no one spoke english so that was a bit frustrating, well anyways decided to stay another night I was dissappointed that we didnt recieve any "stay-over" care like new towels etc! I told the manager the front desk area looked nice and she told me shes trying and getting the whole place to be the same so I know there have been some changes and that they are still working to make it better for the price its standard and im sure the next we visit there will be more done but they have done alot there wasnt any druggies or drunks from what I saw this place is improving!!

Room Tip: I would suggest pool side rooms they are nicer the farther back in the hotel the worse they get!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!