“This place is disgusting.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Plaza Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3836 E Mulberry Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524   |
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
“This place is disgusting.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times and as the years have passed it keeps getting worse. The ad states that there is a pool and bar. The pool smells musty and is disgusting. It states that the pool closes at 10pm but it doesn't. The bar is closed.....not for renovations, but forever(as stated by the employee). There was no fridge in the room. The phone did not work (even to call the front desk). There is no working ice machine. There was mold on the ceilings and spit on the walls. The towels for the bathroom were torn and stained. The carpet is just plain nasty (I couldn't even walk with no shoes on). There is no coffee machine in the rooms. The door didn't even close unless you slammed it (waking up everybody in the other rooms). You are supposed to have a key entrance to the inside of the hotel, but the doors did not lock at all. The parking was full of broken TV's and old mattresses. They charged me $70.00 for one night and I would have been better off sleeping in my car. I would not recommend anyone stay here. There was people all over and parties in every room. They didn't even have a breakfast. Although, they did have a "game room" it was full of old desk chairs and trash. This place should be shut down, period. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I booked my son a room here while he was visiting Colorado State. It had decent reviews on another site; but I should have checked here. The comments on Tripadvisor apparently are true. He said the room was filthy. There was essentially no one staying in the hotel; his room was alone down a dark hall. He said that even crack addicts and prostitutes would feel a bit vulnerable and uncomfortable. I paid for three nights, but was very happy to throw it away to keep him out of there. He found another hotel (you will find it well above this one on the Tripadvisor list)

Room Tip: Find one in a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rawlins, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel has obviously gone thru some changes since the other people have stayed here below but I recently booked with them online before ever seeing the place so and I wil be completly honest at first glance the outside looked okay and when I went in the front desk clerk who was new was nice and funny and her boss was there overshadowing her I waited about 5 minutes for the keys to my room and she said we would be pool side! When we parked and got out there was dog feces on the rocks so we walked around it, the area where the pool and hottub are smell not moldy but like mildew im sure because theres not great ventilation. Our room was okay beds with exceptionally comfortable blankets I loved them theres a older tv and a fridge there was an ironing board no iron however, we didnt see any shady characters as other have said there were a few kids and a family or two which is normal. We got our kids to bed and decided to go in the hot tub for a bit it wasnt as warm as should be but was nice and clean, after awhile we got into the pool which was pretty cold. There was no problem sleeping no loud noise or anything out of sorts slept comfortably! The next morning we woke up and didnt have any towels to shower with we tried asking a maid but no one spoke english so that was a bit frustrating, well anyways decided to stay another night I was dissappointed that we didnt recieve any "stay-over" care like new towels etc! I told the manager the front desk area looked nice and she told me shes trying and getting the whole place to be the same so I know there have been some changes and that they are still working to make it better for the price its standard and im sure the next we visit there will be more done but they have done alot there wasnt any druggies or drunks from what I saw this place is improving!!

Room Tip: I would suggest pool side rooms they are nicer the farther back in the hotel the worse they get!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My family was extremely pleased with the hotel. Very clean and well kept, staff were polite and helpful to all our needs. Special thanks to Angie the manager for her continuous help and kindness after our stay. This will be our #1 choice to stay when we pass thru Ft. Collins!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed here in the past over the last 10 years and it reached a point where I wouldn't stay anymore. I decided to give the Plaza another chance as I heard they were making many positive changes and the PLAZA HOTEL is a long standing part of our community. In addition to it being directly off I-25 for people staying in our community. With this said - I was impressed to see the that the customers which once were an eyesore an scary were gone. It was quiet and I felt at ease. The room I had was cleaner than I had experienced in years and the PLAZA HOTEL staff were present and in site and very helpful. There are many things that I can see that have been done and in the Hotel. It will take awhile to accomplish all this and I want the community to know that the PLAZA deserves Kudos in it's efforts to become the HOTEL it was and better. You have my support in sharing this with people I know and speak with and my family and I will be in again to show our support and aid in your business achieving the standing it use to have in our community. Forge Ahead - Joseph

Room Tip: The rooms on the inside surrounding the pool are my wife's favorite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Abileen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times in the past, and each time was worse than before, so I wasn't planning to stay this time. I noticed that the parking lot was clean, the grass was cut and there were lights everywhere. Last 4 stays there was very dim light in front only. The lobby was well lit and everything was clean. I asked if it had been sold and was told that its the new managers work day and night. They even walk around the property at night and chase sketchy people away. I met Carrie when checking out and she said they are going to turn it around by getting the bad people out, and they are on their way.

• Stayed October 2013
Greeley, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I booked my room and prepaid for 4 nights. #1 the reviews on other sights made my daughter feel comfortable with me staying there. I asked if she checked tripadvisor she said no that she went on something else. But the pics they show are very nice and inviting. The price was somewhat higher then at the moment. I immediately checked tripadvisor and the reviews scared me! But we were a block away so we cruised by and It is a dump! Dirty nasty addicts sitting outside! The Super 8 I think is next door with its own dirty men sitting outside. There is a filthy really filthy looking Wafflehouse with transients sitting out side! NONONONONO. Do not stay do not book. I looked up this hotel later and the police yup the city police walk the halls this is not a safe place. I am so glad I didn't set foot on this property or I would have had to burn my shoes and clothing. No lie! If you need shelter badly go to the city shelter or camp out,sleep in your car .Horror movie in the making! I need to take a shower just talking about it , just got the shivers!

Room Tip: Just turn around, leave! Don't think twice! Stay far away from this neighborhood.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!