“Fort collins visit” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Fort collins visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Well located if visiting CSU which I was. Staff very friendly & ready to help. Breakfast buffet average. Other dining options were good but somewhat expensive for the rating of the hotel. this also applied to drinks at the bar. A little expensive. Bar staff fantastic & happy to serve. Major failings : no kettle in room, Business centre lacked scanner for email purposes, no safe in room meant carrying around personal items.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your review for our hotel and we're glad you enjoyed our stay. Your comments, especially about the in-room amenities are being taken into consideration as we're always looking to improve the guest experience. Safes are going to be installed within the next few months. We hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The entire purpose of my reservation was to run a half marathon. After an injury made running that half marathon impossible, I tried to cancel my reservation. I understood that my cancellation was late, but the representative wasn't willing to work with me at all. I'm disappointed that the Hilton wasn't willing to recognize that sometimes life, such as an injury, doesn't abide by set policies.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I am sorry to hear of your injury that limited your ability to participate in the half marathon. Please give me a call at the hotel. Perhaps we can work something out.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 4/11-4/14/13. My experience was quite pleasant. My room was clean and updated and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It is in a good location in Ft. Collins and I really liked the fact that it is 9 stories as this made it easy for me to find my way back to the hotel!! Parking was easy and I was always able to find a spot. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Ft. Collins.

Room Tip: I asked to be on the top floor (9th) where you have access to the concierge lounge. A nice place to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I decided to return to Fort Collins where I attended high school and college with my teenager.
He bailed on me and so I ended up making the trip by myself! I booked this hotel because it's literally a stone's throw away from campus. I also remembered from the 90's that this was a clean and pretty nice hotel and assumed it would still be the same. To my surprise... it really was still clean and remodeled. I prepaid via priceline which I'll never do again. The price was fair enough but I probably could've gotten it a little cheaper. Check In and Check Out was a breeze.
I was able to switch to a king bed room even though I'd prepaid for doubles. The room was quiet and service crew was great. Fresh towels when I asked and room was clean. What else do you need right? I walked to campus every day. It's about two blocks away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Apple Valley, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Bathroom was dirty and floor not washed upon arrival and didn't get any better during the entire 4 day stay, the room hadn't been dusted, the glassware wash't picked up daily, tissues weren't always available, floors weren't vacuumed. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone when there are so many other options at the Fort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here with a wedding party and were amazed at how awesome the hotel staff was. They went above and beyond to make the day extra special. This was a fantastic experience. I would suggest staying here and definitely suggest having your wedding or meeting here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brownstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is nicely furnished. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good, but pricey, so we chose to eat elsewhere on all but the first morning. The king size bed was comfortable and the room very spacious. The biggest dissapointment for me was that they charge $9.99 per day for internet! I have only stayed in one other hotel (in MI) that charged for internet. I've stayed in 3 other Fort Collins hotels and all had free internet, and on this trip stayed in Denver, Frisco and Steamboat, and all of the hotels had free internet. I feel that with the price you pay for this hotel it should definately be included. It also would have been helpful if the reservation staff had advised us of the current construction making it difficult to get to the hotel. Obviously they can't control road work, but making people aware of the detour could save them time. Otherwise, I would have rated this hotel excellent.

Room Tip: Higher floors give you the best view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Fort Collins? Share your experiences!