“Good service, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Earn 2X HHonor Points!
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Good service, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a nine-story hotel with a large atrium. The rooms are are all off the atrium balcony. We stayed on the top floor with access to the club lounge. The room was fine, nothing special, but clean. The club lounge had decent evening appetizers but a rather poor breakfast. The location is very convenient to CSU. Ask for a room with a mountain view. The view east is of a railroad track and industrial area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
OtherJFK,

Thank you for posting. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your room, our location, and the amenities of our Concierge Lounge. Comments like yours inspire us to continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. We truly value your loyalty and will look forward to serving you again in the very near future!

Ned Sickle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

There is a certain service level expectation at Hilton hotels, and this property continues that level of service without much problem. That being said, there were a few issues that continue to astound me. For having such a high-brow brand, I find it ridiculous that Hilton charges for their WiFi access, unless you are a high level HHonors member (which I am). Further more, their WiFi is slow and spotty, at best. It's also sad to see $4 bottles of water in each room. Apparently, if you can afford their room rates, you won't might being gouged for water and WiFi... Amenities that practically any decent chain offers free. Inflated prices are unfortunately expected, and this location is no exception. The bar layout was a little small (especially the bar itself). I had the French onion soup, which was passable. I also ordered the a dessert, which was a trainwreck of filo pastery sheets and fruits. It was singularly the most awkward dessert I've ever tried eating. The taste was fine, the execution was not thought out. It would be amusing to see other guests attempt to eat this dessert. No complaints regarding my room, a well appointed king room with a view of the mountains. I enjoy staying at Hilton properties, in general, but the nickel-and-diming of your guests gets old. ($16 + 19% gratuity + $3 for a basic room service breakfast for 1, as another example)

• Stayed November 2012
RockyMountainTech,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Comments like yours enable us to continuously improve the quality of our product and daily performance. I regret to read that the hotel’s amenities and restaurant offerings did not meet your expectations. On behalf of the entire team here, we truly value your loyalty and look forward to another opportunity to serve you when your travels next bring you to Fort Collins.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed overnight after my cousin's reception in the hotel. It was a beautiful room and pretty fairly priced. Only complaint I had was that the maid knocked on our door like four times after we told her to go away. Don't they clean the rooms after check out? Mildly annoying but otherwise a good stay. I would recommend it for the close proximity to downtown, which was beautiful that time of year. Perfect weather.

• Stayed September 2012
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
selfcenteredkat,

Thanks for the review and for staying with us for such an exciting occasion! We love getting positive feedback and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your time in Fort Collins. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Colorful Colorado!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for just one night in October 2012 - standard room, comfortable bed, spacious bathroom. Really nice soaps in the bathroom. Very close to CSU, so very convenient location. There was nothing "overly great" about it, so I'd recommend it!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
MissGypsy2012,

Thank you tremendously for filling out a review for us! It sounds like our hotel took good care of you during your stay. We want to consistently deliver great service and use our convenient location to keep guests coming back. Hopefully we'll get to see you again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Ft. Collins in late September 2012. Overall the property was very clean, quiet, and well maintained. The staff were all friendly and very helpful with our questions. Our room was modern, clean, and very quiet. I read many of the other TripAdvisor reviews about the property and seemed like a mixed bag with some not very good so I was interested to see what we encountered during our stay. After staying there, I can honestly say we did not experience any of the negative issues other reviewers had commented on. Some had negatively commented about the paying for WiFi, if your a Hilton Honors member it's free if not there is a charge. I've travelled all over the world and stayed in all kinds of hotels - some charge for WiFi and some do not (just like in many airports). Although I feel charging for WiFi is annoying as most low lower-end hotels do not charge for it (or for breakfast) - if I want to use the WiFi I go ahead and pay for it. The hotel was convenient to the beautiful CSU campus and old town Ft. Collins. I give the Hilton Ft. Collins an excellent rating - it met all our expectations and we had very nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Kilgore_Trout_88, (love the Vonnegut reference)

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us! I am pleased to hear that we met your expectations and you found our property to be comfortable. We absolutely look forward to see you again in the future.

NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this week and it was the WORST hotel I have ever been to. The lobby was fine, but unfortunately, I didn't sleep in the lobby. The room at first glance was fine. They charge for Internet access, which already had me swearing off the hotel. When I went to go to bed, there were five pillows on the bed. I slept on my coat, however, as every pillow had something disgusting on it (someone's makeup, some long hair, one pillow had two short, curly hairs, and there were crusty drool places on two of the pillows... so gross). Those pillowcases could not have been changed in some time. I checked the sheets and they looked OK. I wish I had gotten pictures to post. NEVER stay here. I can't even imagine what the kitchen must be like, hidden from the view of guests. There are so many better hotels that offer so much more value for a CLEAN room.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear lucidanne,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We take a lot of pride in ensuring our guests' satisfaction and I apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I understand that you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room. I am very sorry for this experience. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from ever happening in the future. I hope that if your travels ever bring you back to the area, you might consider staying with us again.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The best thing about the hotel is the Starbucks in the lobby and a decent breakfast buffet. We found the rooms small for king-size beds; with poor lighting; and most views are not of the mountains. Have to say that the amenities are nice (Peter Thomas Roth soaps and shampoos). Did not seem up to the normal standards of a Hilton.

Room Tip: Pay to have a mountain view and make sure you state that you don't want a room by the ice machin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Fort Collins? Share your experiences!