“Better than the other” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Kearney, Nebraska
“Better than the other”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The staff was very accomidating. We did not have reservations but when we walked in looking for a room because we had left another hotel the night clerk went out of her way for us. Our room at first glance appeared to me clean and to our standards. However when we began checking the room closer we found human and pet hairs in our bedding, and hair in our shower. There were also what appeared to be dead bugs or human skin beneath the mattress pad. Needless to say we did not sleep very well. The breakfast was adequate. The rest of the hotel including the pool, and workout area appeared to be nice. Besides the cleanliness of our room the rest of the holiday Inn Express was adequate. The service was very good.

Room Tip: Be sure to check your room thoroughly before moving in.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Collins, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write us about your current stay. I would like to apologize for the issues your experienced during your stay with us and we would love for you to come stay with us again so we can show you that we have taken your concerns seriously.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed one night on business. Comfortable beds and better than average breakfast. Safe area to take a walk anytime of the day.

Room Tip: I had a north facing room and there was some road noise but any room on the south side should be qui...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us. We love getting great feedback about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Fort Collins.
Bloomington, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed here on an overnight through Colorado. The hotel and room were fine, and typical of a nice HIE. At breakfast it was obvious that the hotel was operating on the nickel budget. The breakfast attendant would only put out a few of anything. This was not a big deal, but the complete lack of fruit was irritating. Hotels such as this always have at least bananas. I asked the attendant if there was any fruit, and she replied that they "were out." Hard for me to believe as I noticed more than one grocery store the evening before as we went to dinner. Really? You expect me to believe that you can't walk down to Albertsons and get a bunch of bananas? Seemed kind of obvious they were just trying to cheap out. I might stay here again, but wouldn't want to stay for more than a day or so.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for your review about our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We strive for great guest service and we have taken your concerns seriously about the breakfast bar and hope you will come back so we can show you that. Thank you again.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Friendly staff, clean room. Husband wished they had not been out of biscuits for the fresh sausage gravy they brought out...that was the only negative.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for you great review about our hotel. We love getting great feedback about how we are doing. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to Fort Collins.
Dania Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Nothing "Wow" to write but that’s not always a bad thing. Not all hotels will give you that experience, but what’s nice to say about this property is the level of consistency you receive with Holiday Inn Express properties, is simply awesome.

I was suddenly called by my job to fill in for a co-worker and this HIE in Fort. Collins was to be home for the next 4 nights.

I checked in, all was great but there was no refrigerator in my room. I went back down to ask Kelly, who by the way was very nice and not because I was complaining… I told her I had medication that needed refrigeration so I would like to pay for a room with one. She smiled and told me she would take care of it and not to worry about paying for the upgrade.

Now whether that was done because I am a Premium member or the goodness of her heart, I am more inclined to believe it was the goodness of her heart she accommodated me. Because from the moment I checked in she was very professional, courteous and answered all my questions be it silly or not. Thanks again Kelly and I hope you got that cast removed. :-)

The remainder of the stay was equally satisfying.
The internet worked well, there is a nice indoor pool and Jacuzzi and a gym next to it to get your workout in after a long day.

Again, thank you very much to all the staff at HIE Fort. Collins. If my company wishes for me to fill in for another co-worker I’m sure I will be seeing you again.

Room Tip: The ladies working at this hotel are very pretty so guys behave yourselves. I am not familiar with...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review about our hotel We strive for great guest service and are happy to hear that our staff helped you. We hope to see you again the next time you come to Fort Collins.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Very clean and comfortable property. The rooms and facilities were nice. I liked the new flat screen tv in the room. I thought the bed was comfortable. The hotel does seem a little dated, but it is well maintained.
I love when a hotel takes care of their priority members. This HIE actually has designated parking spots for priority members, and they gave me an upgrade without me having to ask.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Loved my experience at this hotel. Jarmin greeted us when we arrived and he was so helpful with several questions we had. The room was refreshing, clean, professional. The breakfast was hot and lots of options. Loved the pool and large jacuzzi on the main floor. Super great experience! Thanks!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fort Collins? Share your experiences!