“Crawly things” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Loveland, Colorado
“Crawly things”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I don't like roaches running across my table. I don't care if they are your pets. It is way to dark in there, it's like they are hiding something. (cleanliness?) Maybe that's why the roaches love it there. They can dine off your plate without being seen.

66% Recommend
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Unexpectedly wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was looking for a new, local place to have a meal. I am located in the area due to job requirements and was getting tired of the same old same old. I found this place and decided to give it a try. The food was excellent! Service was a bit slow, but I have come to expect this now in this area. Not that the service was poor, just slow. Most every restaurant I have been to in this area is a tad on the slow side. (guess it is just par for the course) My waitress was friendly and helpful. The food was above average. I ordered the 16 oz New York Strip. It was an extremely thick cut but right on the button cooked to my "medium" request. Lots of flavor and juicy to the last bite. I will most definitely return again!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Never had a bad meal at CB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Been eating at Charco Broiler since 1955 & never had a bad meal. The steaks are thick and juicy, the fried shrimp are huge, the salads are fresh, and the staff is always friendly & willing to offer meal suggestions. Can't go wrong with this steak house!!!

Visited July 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Not a fan!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our group went here for a farewell. We heard it was a favorite place for years. First impressions mean a lot, and they FAILED! It is so dark and dingy, I almost couldn't read the menu. The furnishings were a bit mismatched, and the plastic garden chairs (4.99 at Wal Mart) were just overly tacky! When I got my salad, It had Chex cereal instead of croutons. I was told, that is the way it has always been served. Again, not impressed. The food took a while, and was not very appealing. Our drinks needed to be refilled, but we could never find our waitress. Because we were a party of 12, we were "auto-gratuity" on our bill. Our waitress was horrible and didn't deserve a tip that big.

My husband and I love to try new places to eat, but we won't return to this one!

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Outstanding food for breakfast, lunch and dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Few restaurants are open for service all day, and even fewer can provide outstanding results and great service. While not in the heart of town, this restaurant offers outstanding meals that makes you want to come back. Their dinner menu of steaks,chops and seafood explains the restaurant's name, but lunch and breakfast items are excellent as well. Their green pork chile sauce over omelets and breakfast burritos truly adds to these dishes. The staff are professional and attentative and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited June 2012