“Best Mexican restaurant in Colorado!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lakewood, Colorado
“Best Mexican restaurant in Colorado!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love everything about this restaurant - food, drinks, service, and atmosphere!. Starting the meal at the salsa bar is a unique treat, with 10 to 12 choices, ranging from mild to extremely spicy, from guacamole to flavored salsas. Warm tortillas are brought to your table twice, once for dipping in the salsas, and again with the meal. Any extras cost $1 serving. The menu is very large, including an entire page of seafood selections. My favorite, however, is the Chicken Pollo with Poblano Sauce, the perfect blending of Pablano Sauce over roasted chicken. Absolutely delicious! Margaritas are offered in several flavors, both frozen and on ice. The atmosphere is so inviting, colorful, and intimate, and staff is attentive to your every need. Love this restaurant!

• Visited November 2012

Fort Collins, CO
“Best Mexican food in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My new favorite Mexican restaurant in FC. I've been to nearly every one in town and this place beats most of them hands down. More authentic, spicier, better-tasting food. Finally, another place in town with strong margs but better food. I came here 15 years ago when they first opened and thought their food was OK and the margs weak. Obviously, I shouldn't have waited so long to try them again.

Chicken mole is a difficult dish for most Mexican restaurants in Ft. Collins, so I use it as my barometer. It was the best I've had in this area by far. Their salsas are really flavorful. We ordered a lot of food to see what they could do. No fails, not one. Everything was top-notch.

Service was attentive and friendly. Prices were very reasonable. The booths are comfortable, the place is clean.

I rate Mexican restaurants based on my experiences in six different areas of Mexico and my use of well-known (Diane Kennedy) Mexican cookbooks at home. I am seeking authenticity to a particular region. Senor Camaron had it, Inca has it with some of their food. Give this place a try!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My Favorite Mexican food restaurant in Fort Collins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I love their open sasla bar. I had the beef fajitas with the habanero sauce from the bar, and it was fantastic. They atmosphere is great. I love this place.

Colorado
“Good food and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The original recipes were true Mexican, not Tex-Mex. They have added some Tex-Mex to broaden their appeal, but go for the old style recipes. They can be exceptional. Salsa bar. Take all you want. Warm corn tortillas (more of them will cost you a buck). Oysters on the half shell, with a bit of the guacamole and a bit of one of the red sauces, are great. The quail is exceptional. Poblano chili rellenos are really good, the seafood stuffing gets a bit lost, so go with the mushroom and cheese. Good drinks, and at happy hour, Mexican beers are two dollars, including great tap beers. The frijole and rice sides are typical and boring, but add fresh onion guacamole and cilantro from the salsa bar, and they become really good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Louis, MO
“Dinner in Old Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here. We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful evening in Colorado. We enjoyed the salsa bar which gave us an opportunity to try salsas we had never had. Delicious! I enjoyed a banana margarita which was very good. This Mexican food was different than what we are offered in southern IL. My husband had fajitas which was served on a plate rather than a sizzling skillet. He said it was very good. I had a chicken enchilada and a steak taco. They were both very good. I wish we lived nearby because we would definitely make this one of our favorite spots to dine. The food, service and atmosphere are all top notch!

• Visited August 2012