“Very good food (and tons of it!)” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #171 of 421 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Japanese
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Very good food (and tons of it!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I finally got around to trying this place after receiving a LivingSocial deal, and I'm REALLY glad that I did! Overall, great food and nice experience! As others have mentioned, it was definitely a very leisurely dinner due to slower service, but at least the servers were incredibly nice. I tried one of their combo boxes and was bowled over with the amount of food that came with it---and everything was fantastic! The tempura was some of the best that I've ever had (very light and crunchy) and the california roll and teriyaki beef were extremely tasty. My friend ordered some sort of noodle bowl, and that was very good, too. I have not been impressed with a few other Japanese/sushi places in town and (honestly) did not have super high expectations for Mt. Fuji, but I was really surprised by the quality (and quantity) of their food. Definitely recommend.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Carlos, California
“Amazing Artistic Rolls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were in Fort Collins for one night and are very happy we chose to eat at Mt. Fuji. It's a large, casual restaurant with screens hanging high up on the walls. A young lady was our server and she was incredibly well-mannered, friendly and attentive. We started with green salads and miso soup. We had ton katsu, chicken terriyaki and a variety of rolls. Everything was fresh, tasty and presented beautifully. My dragon roll looked like a real dragon! Portions were so large that my daughter took some home for breakfast.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Hollywood, California
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The staff here is super nice and accommodating. The service is great. The sushi is not great, very mediocre.

The tempura vegetables and tempura shrimp were good!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Always good, always new and inviting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have eaten at Mt Fuji in both Fort Collins and in Parker. Both offer wonderful varieties of Japanese cuisine. The Parker location provides kinda of a 'hibachi' format and regular menu (ordering) items, whereas the Fort Collins (FC) location is menu style ordering.
I have eaten at the FC location a number of times and I have never been disappointed. I tend to eat their sushi versus the tempura or other Japanese dishes, mainly because I go there when I want sushi, sashimi or some type of fish dinner. The service is typically very good and the food always 'outstanding'. I recommend it highly. The food is priced in the mid-range, but reasonable for the quality and the overall ambiance.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“I think it's ok, I like Suehiro better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times. The people who work here are very friendly. I just haven't been overly impressed with their food. Maybe it's what I'm ordering? I have only been there for lunch, not dinner. I usually get the S1 - California Roll and Shrimp Tempura Roll lunch combo. They have good miso soup and salad. I'm not sure what kind of dressing it is, but I really like it. I think those rolls are just ok. I like the Buddha Roll at Suehiro better. My friend, who is Japanese, says that this is his favorite Japanese place in Fort Collins. My friend ordered the Nabeyaki Udon, which looked and smelled really good. I haven't tried it, but it seemed like it was good. Service tends to be kind of slow. I've only ever seen one person waiting tables in there at lunch.

• Visited January 2013