“I talked about my meal all day!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #114 of 483 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Indian
Benton, Arkansas
“I talked about my meal all day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I went to Taj Mahal for lunch. I wanted Tikka Masala. When we entered, there was a lunch buffett with no Tikka Masala. They usually do not allow ordering off the menu for lunch but, they took care of my and I ordered my Tikka Masala and Garlic Naan. My wife at the buffett. We were very delighted with our meal.

Visited January 2013

Dalton, Nebraska
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Best Indian food in Fort Collins! I've at at their restaurant, but they delivered to my hotel and the food was just as good!

Visited October 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Excellent Indian Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I enjoy the buffet whenever we can. Meatball curry, chicken tikka masala, saag paneer. It is all delicious.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Longmont, Colorado
“Alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Its good, although not the best northern colorado has to offer with indian food. I would go back and try it again.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Taj Mahal has been spicing things up for 16 years in Fort Collins”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Daal Baati Churma, Aloo Matar, Paneer Tikka Masala - all of these are common Indian dishes that may seem intimidating to the uninitiated ethnic diner. Most people aren't comfortable with jumping into a new cuisine without being able to pronounce the meal they are about to eat. But, I can assure you, exploring Indian cuisine is a flavorful adventure.

Indian food has a 5,000 year-long history and has influenced cuisines across the world, especially in Southeast Asia and the Caribbean. Using spices like ginger, coriander, cardamom, tamarind, and various herbs, fruits, and vegetables - Indian flavors are bold and sometimes pack quite a bit of heat. It's also a wonderful cuisine to embrace if you are vegetarian, since it's a wide-spread practice in the region.

Taj Mahal restaurant has been serving authentic Indian dishes to Fort Collins since 1996. 16 years is a long time for a restaurant in any community, and Fort Collins has certainly enjoyed what Taj Mahal has to offer. When you walk in the restaurant on Oak Street, right there by the front door is a wall of awards and accolades for their cuisine.

I was pleasantly surprised by how tasty the buffet line was, even though the spices were mild and tame for Indian standards. Everything had a muted slow-roasted consistency that you'd find in stews without any dish particularly popping with intense flavor.

The difference between lunch and dinner is definitely like night and day. The feast is plentiful and the flavors are adjusted to your preferred spice level.

Taj Mahal has been spicing things up for 16 years in Fort Collins, but I'm beginning to think they could step it up a bit more. This was average Indian food, safe for those testing the waters of Indian flavors for the first time, but it's nothing I'd say that really represents what the cuisine is capable of. Lunch and dinner are two completely different experiences, and while the spice is more at dinner, I actually prefer the lunch buffet. Many people in Fort Collins are fans of Taj Mahal, but there are better Indian options as far as I'm concerned.

Visited January 2012