“Good, almost the best.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good, almost the best.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

If Nordy's is truly going to be number 1 in Fort Collins, they should at least offer butter instead of their standard of margarine. Other than that their food is very good. Truly smoked (not par-boiled)meats with a subtle smoky flavor, very tender and tasty. Great St Louis ribs, the baked beans are a must, and a nice baked potato, but the flavor of the corn bread and the potato would have been enhanced with butter.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not the greatest, but it'll do.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Didn't get to try the buffet lunch. Everything we ordered from the menu was just OK. My brisket was a bit dry without much smoky taste. The loaded waffle fries were super and the hot wings my grandson had were good.
Generous servings

Visited June 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Just the BBQ grill we were after!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Having driven all day to Fort Collins we were in search of good food. Man, did Nordy's deliver!
The Pulled pork and the brisket, as recommended on this site were fantastic, the beans were also top.
The great selection of BBQ sauces were the perfect accompaniment to a meal we wish we could enjoy regularly in England!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, OH
“Awesome BBQ and fixings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm always hesitant to order ribs, but these were wonderful. I had the rib and one other meat combo. It came with 4 ribs and I also ordered pulled pork (which was actually chopped). For sides I had Judy's beans (baked with lots of meat and 3 different beans) and green beans. The meat had a nice smoke ring and tasted really good. The sides were also really good. Judy's beans were so good I'd love to have the recipe. It also came with a couple of thin pickles, onions and jalapeños. The corn bread was the size of a cup cake and was sweet. This was one of the best BBQ meals I've had. I'll definitely eat here next time I'm in town.

Visited May 2013
Loveland, CO and Mt. Vernon, IA
“Nice service, overpriced quisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I think the expectation is this: it's downtown Ft. Collins, therefore one can charge more than it's worth. Basically the food was fine, we had the buffet, and water (it's a Pepsi place, ugh, why can't there be a choice?) It's not the first time we've eaten there. I like the setting, the table server was exemplary, the food tasted wonderful, I just think it's about $2/order too high in relation to the food's value. Perhaps we are paying for real estate taxes? Nonetheless, I like Nordy's, and the brisket was quite good...as were the mashed potatoes, okra, beans, salad, and the dessert of hot peach cobbler...with spray your own whipped cream....was scrumptious. The buffet price itself was reasonable (I don't eat like a truck driver or Iowa farmer), but the main menu offerings were not filling enough for the money. I get it, that's what they wanted me to do...take the buffet. ok, all is good.

• Visited May 2013