“SUSHI TO GREEN TEA ICE CREAM--Yum!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of lulu asian bistro

lulu asian bistro
Improve this listing
Ranked #112 of 491 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Chinese
Wisconsin
“SUSHI TO GREEN TEA ICE CREAM--Yum!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our party consisted of two couples. We had made reservations for early Friday evening, and we were immediately seated in the nearly-empty restaurant. We all ordered different cocktails to start, and some ordered seconds so they must have been good! Our starters were Peachy Roll (a cooked yellowfin roll) and Thai Calamari (deep fried); both were very tasty. The sushi/sashimi menu is HUGE. They also have a cute "boat" that holds a variety of sushi, etc. for larger groups--very clever.

The restaurant is on the dark side (no, I don't mean THAT "dark side"), but we are all adults and liked the "intimate" lighting. Our waiter took the time to explain dishes and answer our questions. His service timing was perfect.

Our meals arrived in a timely fashion; mine was the Mango Shrimp which was served with (white or brown) rice. The cooked shrimp were in a mango "sauce" with chunks of veggies, served inside two scooped-out mango halves--very good! Others had Sesame Chicken, Nanking Pork Loin, and Mongolian Beef--I believe all were served with rice. Everyone enjoyed their dinners and cleaned their plates!

Our server had heard it was one couple's anniversary, and brought out a dish of Green Tea Ice Cream that we all shared--the perfect end to a perfect meal!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Mold! Diners beware!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Diners beware!
This is my second time at this restaurant. The food is fine. But the restaurant itself appears to not have been inspected in a while.

I was mid-way through my meal when my chopsticks caught my eye. Thinking it was the wood grain, I continued. But then I noticed it was on both chopsticks. The restaurants was a little dark, so I continued. Finally, it bothered me so much that I looked again and realized that it was MOLD!!! I had eaten the better part of my meal with moldy chopsticks!! I was so grossed out that I couldn't eat another bite.

I alerted my server and she was sweet and compassionate and took them away and returned with a bowl of ice cream.

Seriously???

I thanked her for the ice cream and explained that my appetite was now gone, and I didn't need the ice cream. She walked away.

I realize this isn't a "nice" restaurant, per se, but I was surprised that this wasn't taken more seriously. Apparently, this isn't an unusual occurrence for this restaurant.

I went up to where the servers were gathered and tried to explain that a person whose appetite is lost like this doesn't need food. Then I noticed that the manager was right there and silent. I brought it to his attention, and asked if he was aware of the seriousness of this?

His response... "Well, you ate most your meal. What do you expect me to do?"

So... if good service and cleanliness are important to you, I'd suggest you find a better restaurant!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Consistently Excellent Sushi, Great traditional Chinese.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Turnover kills restaurants and the same faces have greeted us since it opened. It's a wonderful feeling when you return after a month and they remember your favorite dishes and at this point, we are going on 5 years as repeat customers. The sushi is excellent overall and very consistent. Of all the dishes on the traditional Chinese/Thai side of the house, the chicken lo mein and thai basil salmon never fail to please. The steamed dumplings are excellent as an appetizer. Michelle is a great server who speaks Mandarin if I remember correctly and is warmer than most you will ever meet. Anyone who comes in from out of town and wants a good meal inevitably winds up with us at Lulu!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
FORT COLLINS
“skip the fake scallops”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This place seems to be going down hill. We have enjoyed lunches and dinner, but our meal wasn't much for the price. My wife's scallops looked as large as plums, but that was just puffed up coating-the actual scallops looked suspiciously like haddock or some fish that was cookie-cutter stamped. The fried rice was decent, but that's nothing special.If a chinese restaurant isn't very busy, you have to be concerned about food freshness.
I think there are better seafood restaurants in Fort Collins. I doubt we'll return to Lulu's

• Visited January 2012