“Not so Great” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Tucson, Arizona
“Not so Great”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Nailbanger Here Again.We were in Ft Collins for the Day and felt like some Thai. We looked at the review and were pretty sure we would find some good food, but sadly we were wrong. The food was Terrible and if you are O.K. with your Server on the phone texting and talking the entire meal this might be the place for you. What is really sad is the owner was watching it the entire time.I should have known when we were the only one`s in the place at lunch time on a Sunday.I had the Chicken Pad Thai and my wife had the Green Curry.The Pad Thia was only average but the curry was terrible. Its the Service I wont deal with.You have been warned.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Small Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Simply Thai is in a 'strip-mall' location that has had a number of moderate to good restaurants come and go, but Simply Thai is outstanding for its delicious food. The decor is simple -- there are booths along the north side and tables on the south and in the center, so it does not have a "fine dining" atmosphere. But it is pleasant and the food is excellent. And they include gluten-free dishes for those who require them. I wish more restaurants would do so.

The menu includes five appetizers, two basic soups, but with a choice of chicken, beef, tofu or prawns (add $1). There are three noodle dishes, and again these have a choice of meat or tofu. The curries include red, green, yellow, Masamun and Panang with choice of meat or tofu. Fried rice dishes include one with pineapple and one using brown rice -- again with the choice of meat or tofu. There are also 8-10 entrees with a special or two each evening. And each week day they have a couple lunch specials at a discounted price that I often try.

Every dish you order, including soup bowls (the large order of soup), comes with a serving of rice, with Jasmine, brown rice, or coconut rice available (coconut is $1 extra, but very tasty!) We have been there dozens of times since it opened, mostly at lunch time, but several times for dinner, twice in the past couple weeks. We have always had a fine experience and delicious food. The sauces are always excellent, and you can get them as hot as you want, though most people will find one to two "stars" is plenty spicy!

We have also used their take-out service a few times -- great to get a large order of soup to go when we have leftovers from Simply Thai or other Asian food.

I've eaten at Thai restaurants around the world, even in Thailand, and the flavors at Simply Thai are as good as it gets.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“Simply Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Fort Collins has a number of good Thai restaurants. When Simply Thai opened its door in a small strip mall, we decided to give it a try. It was love at first bite. Our favorite dishes include Garlic Lovers, Golden Cashew, and Pineapple fried rice. With the first two options, you can substitue coconut rice for brown or jasmine rice for an additional $.50.
I highly recommend this option. You can also customize your meal by choosing chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu with your selection. Finally, you can order the degree of spiciness from mild to medium to hot or very hot. We order medium and that itself is quite spicy, but not overpowering. They also have daily lunch specials for $4.99. The portions are large and my wife and I often share a meal when we do carry out. We were recently in Las Vegas and ate at the Lotus of Siam, considered by some critics as the best Thai restaurant in North America. It was great, but I must say that Simply Thai in Fort Collins is just as satisfying. If you want quality food at a very reasonable price, look no further.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Simply Awesome - Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Highly recommended! I was really impressed with the quality/quantity of the food and happy that the prices were very reasonable, too. So far I’ve had the noodle kee mao and the pad thai, both were excellent and I was happy to have to option for brown rice at no additional cost. The quality at lunch time is the same as dinner (for takeout or sit in) and they have some daily specials with exceptional value. I especially like that they have the little containers of sauces and peppers available on the table to spice things up if you want (Just like in Thailand!). :-) The décor/layout of the restaurant is simple but pleasing, the service is prompt and professional.

One note: the daily specials listed on the website are not necessarily accurate. If this matters to you, you can easily call in to verify...

• Visited October 2011