“Huge menu, good prices, great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #124 of 491 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Huge menu, good prices, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Huge menu including all the standards and some surprises. I tried the quesadilla seafood which has shrimp, crab, and scallops. Very fresh seafood and a HUGE portion. My husband tried the tacos which were all good - including the tongue. The chips, salsa, and bean dip are free and very good. Everyone from our large party was happy with their food. Even though the restaurant was packed, we received excellent service. Each table gets a balloon to pop - inside is a prize of some sort. Our table's was a free order of sopapillas which were quickly devoured. Will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ault, Colorado
“Good food and great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to Hacienda Real for my Birthday yesterday and had a great time. The wait staff were fun, personable and had us laughing out loud. When they brought the food, they gave my son American salsa (ketchup) and when we ordered water with lemon they asked if we wanted Mexican water with a lime on the side and then yelled to the bar "we need a tequila". They also sang for my Birthday. They made me wear a sombrero, then sang a song in Spanish and then had everyone join us for Happy Birthday. During the song, one guy yelled out "Panchita", then when it came time to sing my name, they all sang Panchita. It was a little embarrassing but a lot of fun. Made this birthday dinner one of the most memorable.
We always love the authentic Mexican food there and this trip was no exception. I heard no complaints about the food except one. My husband ordered the green chili chimichanga, which was smaller than we remembered and he needed more green chili. There were eleven of us there so I consider that a very good measure of the food. We also have several eaters who are very picky about their Mexican food (because no one makes it better than Grandma) and they had no complaints. My kids especially like the bean dip that come with the chips and salsa. We don't even order my three-year-old dinner, as she eats the chips and bean dip until she's full. My father-in-law ordered the Mexican surf and turf, with the steak well done and it looked delicious.
As I said before, the wait staff was excellent, very courteous and present. You felt like they really wanted you to enjoy your time with them. We never had to ask for refills, they were on top of that. The prices are very reasonable and you get your money's worth.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We go to this restaurant at least once a week. The staff remembers what we like to drink and bring it to our table without asking for our drink orders. The waiters have a great sense of humor and make each visit special. My favorite item is the stir fry. It was recommended by the staff and I order it almost every visit. I get the half order and it is still a lot of food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Casper, Wyoming
“great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food was great and so was the service. It was priced reasonably and the atmosphere was good. Easy to get to

Visited March 2013
chandler, arizona
“Authentic Mexican Food with spectacular service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by the front desk at our hotel. We were not disappointed! What a pleasant atmosphere and wonderful service. Snd the food was delicious! Great value for the money.

• 5 of 5 stars Food