“The other fantabulous find in Fort Collins” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 479 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Victoria, Canada
“The other fantabulous find in Fort Collins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

As with Jay's bistro, everything was truly 1st class. The steak and the Venison were superb - as was the wine list. Once again the service was outstanding but unfortunately I forget her name.

Visited September 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Happy Hour outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Happy hour here has the nominal specials which we did have , fruit plate and cheese, large serving with varied cheeses, breads, fruits and crackers - excellent. AND The bar also has a bar menu which sets this happy hour above many others. The hamburger and macaroni and chess are outstanding especially when you add in the price value. Service was consistent by the staff not just 1 person. Will be back soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“So Dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate here a few years back and loved it, so we anticipated a great dinner on this return trip. Didn't happen. First of all the place was stifling! If you're a woman prone to hot flashes STAY AWAY!! When asked why, the answer was some mumble jumble about too many people and an open kitchen-turn down the thermostat for goodness sake!!! The food was good and it's a shame the poor service overshadowed the experience. Had to ask repeatedly for water-refernce the stifling environment and after waiting over 30 minutes for my caprese salad the manager finally informed me they were out of mozzarella-"Ok, goat cheese will do, just get me outa here" My husband had the lamb shank-large enough for Fred Flintstone and I had the scallops appetizer as an entree. I was told there would be "4-5" scallops, a yea....there were 3. But they were good. So bottom line, go if you have time....A LOT OF TIME, if you're suffering from the chills, and if you want pretty good food but have to beg to get it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Shocking rude manager response to an unsatisfactory experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hello Jill,

I am terribly sorry that you were unsatisfied with your meal. I
actually did check the first duck with my head chef as it came back
the first time. Under the kitchen lights it still looked quite pink
in the middle, and the confit duck leg was bright pink throughout. We
gladly sent out a second duck that was cooked for far less time in an
attempt to meet your approval. The $9 up charge for the lobster
mashed potatoes (one of our most popular sides) is in keeping with
market price for the ingredients, and it is not our policy to take
food off of a bill if it has already been replaced.
I am only authorized to discount an item if it does not meet customer
satisfaction if there is no way to replace the item and it is returned
to us unfinished so I can count it as a loss, but the entire meal was
prepared twice.
We all regret that you were not happy with your experience, since my
chefs take great pride in the preparation of our menu. I, personally,
have had overcooked duck before but never here, and I'm fairly certain
that even then it wasn't "inedible". In over 20 years of customer
service, I am always sad to find that despite our best efforts, we
can't always please everyone.

Warm Regards,

Lisa Mahuron

This above was the message I received from the general manager of the Chophouse. I ordered duck 2 ways, leg and seared breast. The leg was delicious. The breast was gray. I ate some leg because it was good but said the breast was too done for my preference. The server agreed it was too done and took my plate although I said I liked the leg and had already begun to eat it. There was no question of keeping that part as he took it away eager to replace the dish. I waited 15 minutes watching my partner eat his food (I told him to, I didn't want his food to get cold). My new plate arrived as he was finishing and to my amazement it looked exactly the same as before. No pink at all!! The server explained that it was way less cooked than it looked. ???!!! What??? I didn't have but one bite before it confirmed my frustration and in no time they came to clear the table and asked I said no box, I wouldn't eat it again as it was NO different than before! Well I at that time ate the some bites of my companions meal as I was so hungry. The server comped I guess a happy hour drink and I had to pay for a dinner that was brought to me the same way twice and that I did not eat as a result. It was definitely pre cooked otherwise I would never have received it that fast and again, that done. The above is the response I received as a result. As a GM of a "upscale" restaurant, it would make sense to lose $28 on a completely dissatisfied customer to bring them back. This manager's attitude is appalling, suggesting her own experience should shut up other customers. We don't have any right to an opinion if her opinion differs. It's outrageous. It's just plain rude and ill never go back and I encourage you to do the same, if you don't want to be treated in this manner. Just sayin. ;)

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“save your money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

After living in a large city where wonderful food is everywhere, I was hoping that this place would bring me a small taste of that. I was sorely disappointed. For $28, I received two rather small and rather lacking crab cakes with french fries and limp asparagus. The french fries were not by choice, that is what the dish came with. No wild rice or anything else that would go much better with a $28 crab cake. The fresh bread was nice although don't ask for more than one piece at a time. Highly overpriced for what they provide. Very disappointed.

• Visited June 2013