“Great trip! Best whitewater action around.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 51 Activities in Fort Collins
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you’re a first time adventurer, family, or seasoned veteran, we can offer you some of the best Wildwater and scenery in Colorado.
Breckenridge, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Great trip! Best whitewater action around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

One of the best whitewater rafting trips we've ever had. The Poudre River is a fun time with lots of big waves and technical sections. Not for the faint of heart during high water. The guides at A1 were knowledgeable and entertaining, always making sure everyone felt safe and comfortable in the raft.

Visited June 2011

Colorado
30 attraction reviews
“The Poudre River, Wild, Wet and a Gas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We go with A1 every year or two and bring a friend or family member with us to enjoy the great ride right here in our back yard. We live in Fort Collins and are amazed that the "locals" know less about rafting the Poudre River than the out of state folks who are in our boat each time we go. The guides at A1 are knowledgeable and well trained and always fun to be with. The river may look pretty mild as it goes through town, but go up the canyon fifteen or twenty miles and it hardly seems the same! It is a nationally wild and scenic river and protected from development. Besides being constantly recognized as the best place to live in the US, it is one fantastic place to recreate.

Visited August 2011
Naperville, Illinois
“Good rapids, fun staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We did the "Scenic and Wild" trip which was just right for us. It was a few hours on the river and though driving down the mountain from Estes Park to Fort Collins just to get started, adds a few hours to your day. The staff was helpful, they gave a good instructional introduction to the group, and they made it fun with jokes. The river was running higher due to the amount of spring snow so they had to do the trip in a different way. They drove us up to a certain spot, unloaded and got in the water, and did an easier part of the Poudre River. I think it was a good "test" to see how people in the boat handled the paddling instructions etc. It lasted maybe 30 minutes or so. We met up with the bus, and headed up higher to a little more difficult section, and then a third time for a harder run. It thunderstormed some which doesnt matter if you get wet but the lightning made me a little nervous. It was definately scenic, and a little history from the guide would be nice, but they were chatty and told some personal stories and were engaging with the rest of the rafters. The guides were young (early 20's maybe?) but seemed to know what they were doing. We did have a few people get thrown out and it got a little "wild" but it was exciting and fun. Of course I'm not the one who fell out and got some bruised up knees and legs! The guides kept their composure and helped us get the equipment and people back together safely. In general, it was fun, just enough excitement and action, but I can see how if a person isn't a little athletic you could get hurt or be slightly afraid. It's nature, an outdoor activity and there's always a chance of getting hurt I guess. Price was reasonable and we did order some pictures, they take them while you are going down the rapids. It's kind of a pain to sort thru them on the computer afterwards, and they are a little pricey, but I think they are worth it. Happy rafting!

Visited July 2011
“Great trip gone bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011 via mobile

The first leg of the trip was great.  Class II and one class III rapids.  We were two famlies with two kids each.  Three kids were under ten and one 14 yr old.  A bad judgement call by the guide under pressure from one of the wives to sit in the front was a dangerous call.
I told the guide he was making a mistake to let her sit front left.  Note I am the other mother.
This lady could not paddle I knew this because I sat behind her on the first run.  She put up such a stink the guide wanted to apease her.  As we pushed off the guide was uneasy with his decision and was having us all move around behind her trying to balance the raft.  She need to paddle the left front.  Hence, we bounced off another raft  and hit a Hugh boulder.  The guide was launched over along with me my nine yr old daughter and my husband.  My 14 yr who is 6'3 lunged while holding on too one of her boys to force the raft right side up had he not done that there is no doubt everyone would have been in the river.
All the guides worked together to collect us all.  I was disappointed in A1 that they did not have first aid materials.  My husbands leg was ripped up and bloody.  Luckily I have a fist aid kit back at the car.  A1 Knows this was judgement call screw up  And maybe they have learned a huge lesson after today's events.

Texarkana, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“GREAT time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

We went on the wild and scenic tour and it was both. What a great time and the guides are so much fun. The trip from Estes Park to Fort Collins is beautiful.