“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Estes Park, Colorado
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We ended up here after losing our house to water damage. Becky the manager went out of her way to take care of us and make sure we had enough space for our family for two weeks. My kids loved the pool, I enjoyed the fitness center. The rooms are spacious and modern. Overall it was a great stay!
The breakfast wasn't very good in general - cold food and one person trying to run the whole thing. Otherwise the place is top notch!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I am two things: A) a "brand" snob and B) a hotel snob. There I said it! So, why is that important to this review? Here's why, the idea of staying at an Econo Lodge/Comfort Inn for me is reminiscent of a Clark Griswold vacation. Remember, the "Vacation" movies, Chevy Chase...you get it. Well let me tell you this is no Econo Lodge!

First let me say, Nice job Choice Hotels! If you were aiming to attract a snob like me away from Hilton, SPG or Marriott, you've hit the mark. This is a hotel that inviting, upscale and clean.

The entrance to the hotel is somewhat small. Only to say that it does not have a "grand" entrance but that is nothing but a notable comment. Once inside, the lobby is large, modern and open. The staff is friendly and ready to greet you. My check-in was quick and without hassle. From the front desk I have a view of a waiting area with plenty of seating, a large flat panel t.v. and what looked to be an internet type cafe. Beyond the waiting area was the small restaurant area hosted by Wolfgang Puck. You have the option to eat from the buffet or made-to-order from the menu. I can not comment on the quality of the meals because most of meeting were breakfast meetings.

After walking past the lobby/restaurant area I made my way to the elevator. Once up the elevator I found my room and entered. I was pleasantly surprised by the layout of my room. Very modern decor, very clean and well laid out. Bath on the right with the same clean-line decor and everything in working order. On the left was the coffee bar with a small fridge below. Beyond the bath was the sitting room equipped with a flat panel t.v. on the wall, couch and large desk. Separating the sitting room and sleeping quarters was a
decretive wall design that allows for separation but gives an open feel. Nicely done.

The sleeping quarters are large with a king bed, flat panel t.v., dresser, chair and ottoman. The closet is small but adequate. The bed. The most comfortable bed I've slept in up till now was at a Marriott for double the price. The bed was incredibly comfortable with ton's of pillows. It was a great couple of nights of sleep.

I will definitely going back to this hotel. So impressed by Choice Hotel's efforts I've signed up for their reward program. Way to go guys, way to go!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Fort Collins is only an hour or so from Denver and that's as far as we got. O'Dell's and New Belgium are in Fort Collins. We had taken both tours that day and didn't feel like travelling any further that day. Walked into to Cambria after checking a few TripAdvisor reviews and they had availability. Very nice hotel. The only snafu was that their computers were down, so they had to do everything the old fashioned way. That caused us to be double billed, but as soon as we caught it on our statement, the staff quickly rectified the error. Would recommend. Quiet, safe, comfortable area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Pasadena CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Agree with most of the other reviewers - you get a large, quiet, semi-suite room. The sitting area in the room seems to be designed mostly for watching a TV screen on the wall; otherwise not useful. Comfortable bedding and good amenities.

The $9.50 per person charge for breakfast puts the overall cost on the high side for a hotel at this level.

Exterior landscaping needs work. In the green, tree clad Fort Collins area, the hotel building stands out like a big block with only some small stick trees around it, unlike other hotels in the same area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cary, NC.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

If you are looking for a business or family hotel with that personal touch, stay here. The attention to details by the staff is outstanding. I would go as far to say service here is more on the Ritz -Carlton level and not what I expected from the Choice Hotel Group. The Staff, food, workout room are all top notch. The best thing about this hotel is the amount of space devoted to just socializing and gathering to talk and visit. My wife loved it too and believe me she grades on a very high standard!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

We recently stayed at Cambria suites while on a motorcycle trip and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. In addition to suggesting restaurants in the area they also gave us great ride ideas. The property was extremely clean and the room was always re-freshed every day. We would stay here again no questions about it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was lucky enough, as a poor social worker, to find a great deal on this 3 star hotel on Expedia. I was so surprised by the room and the service. Joey, the front desk manager was always happy, cheerful, and helpful. He gave me a ride to CSU campus for a meeting I had! He was hilarious! Mandy, who also works the front desk, was also very personable and friendly and great to just strike up conversation with. There was another girl at the front desk with brown hair and freckles and her name escapes me, but she was also very friendly and funny! Seriously, if you can afford the extra money to stay in a great hotel with an awesome room and great service, upgrade to Cambria Suites!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Cambria Suites Fort Collins? Share your experiences!