“Off Night?” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Description: 719-836-7031
“Off Night?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I wasn't blown away on my visit. I had high hopes, but it was just average to me. The steak was good. The sides were below average. Price and service were okay, but not spectacular.

Visited February 2014

Denver, Colorado
“We love it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have a second home in Fairplay. We go to the South Park Steakhouse every time we are in town. We have never had a bad meal or poor service. Such a wonderful addition to Fairplay. My husband generally has a steak and raves about them each time. The menu varies a bit, which I like. Nice to have a wide variety of items to choose from. The burrito is fantastic. The burgers are delicious. What I most appreciate it that everything is very flavorful and ALWAYS fresh. Have the green chili mac and cheese, it is soooo good!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
McMurray, Pennsylvania
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

You have to try the stuffed jalapeno poppers served with raspberry jelly. The staff is excellent and the menu is very versatile with something everyone in the family will love.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“GREAT FOOD! Fairplay is hiding its own little gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've heard mixed reviews of Fairplay fare from friends who'd traveled thru mostly so they could say that they had been to the "real" South Park and that none of the restaurants were really that good, so you might as well, just pick one and hope for the best.

Well we were in luck as the green chili hamburger still haunts my dreams and make the culinary parts of my mind whir with thoughts of how best to recreate it before It glazes over in my memory as unobtainable perfection, who's secret is held so high in the Colorado Rockies that I may never crack the recipe.

Suffice to say the food was great and the service was quick and excellent, they took credit cards (which can be an issue in some small towns) and if I'm ever that way again, I hope that I can once again have a green chili hamburger.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Keystone, Colorado
“Nice Lunch in FairPlay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Coming back from a Jeep trip we often stop in Fairplay for a late lunch. The Brown Burro is our usual choice,but we decided to try the South Park Steakhouse for a change. Very nice chili cheeseburger and philly cheese steak sandwiches and really good onion rings. Next time we will plan for a steak dinner in the early evening . Very fast and efficient service and moderately priced wine by the glass or bottle.

As a bonus there is a surprisingly large and upscale western shop adjacent in the same building.
We bought a wire sculpture moose for an outside deco.

• Visited September 2013