Sure, the price is higher than the average B&B, but you certainly get your money's worth. We booked a deluxe room for our 9-yr. anniversary and were upgraded to a hillside suite prior to arrival (possibly due to it being in the off-season and that we stayed for 9 days!). Great location next to a creek and roads that lead to more towns as well as great get-out-there hiking and scenic drives. So much to do right there in Evergreen alone. (oh, and letterboxers, you've got some great finds in the area!).
The suite had two bedrooms, one queen, one king; both wonderfully comfortable. The main room had a gas fireplace, nice furnishings, a kitchenette, and a small desk area. There was also a flat screen tv, but we only used that to check the weather for our daily hiking outings (oh, and the danged blizzard that forced us to leave a day early). Completely cozy, it felt as if the rooms wrapped around us. Even though the suite was next to a small road going up to the residences on the mountain, it was still quiet and peaceful. The suite is one of two in the same building, but in the 9 days we were there, we never heard the guests in the next suite, and that included two children the last two days we were there.
Breakfast was buffet style and didn't lack for options. Every morning was something hot (egg strata's & casseroles, potatoes, sausages) and something cold (yogurt, cereals, fresh & sweet fruit) as well as 'dessert' (omg, the chocolate croissants!). The waffles on the weekend... yay! As we stayed for nine days, the staff was very conscious and asked if we would like something different or special. How many places can you think of that would take your stay in to consideration like that?
Now, to the staff... FABULOUS! We've stayed in many a b&b as well as inns and hotels across the country and overseas. This is simply the BEST staff you could ever ask for. The owners are very involved in the day-to-day running of the inn, the staff they've hired are welcoming, friendly, out-going, sweet, kind, and ready to assist you in any way and provided great suggestions for our days out. Heck, the entire town seems that way! Of course, how can you not be friendly and happy in a place like Evergreen and the Front Range? I cannot begin to stress how much we enjoyed the folks at this Inn. There is one other staff member, a lovable dog named 'Rowley' that greeted us daily at breakfast; the big, sweet, mooch :)
We hope to one day move to the area (not only an anniversary trip, but a move/scouting trip) and will certainly stay there again whether we live in the region or not. This place is special. Whether a romantic getaway, long weekend, or full vacation, you won't be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Haven Creekside Hotel
- Highland Haven Creekside Hotel Evergreen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the creek and among the trees, sweet dreams await you at the award-winning Highland Haven Creekside Inn of Evergreen. With 18 rooms including our brand new Tree House we have guestrooms, suites and cottages, each guest can find what they are looking for. Only 30 minutes west of Denver and a short stroll from the intriguing town offerings; galleries, winery, live music, boutiques, and coffee shops and just a 3 minute drive to the Evergreen Lake. Select from luxury suites, cottages, junior suites and guest rooms. Premium rooms offer features that include Jacuzzi tubs, private hot tubs, gas fireplaces, flat screen TVs, king beds, fluffy bath robes-all with remarkable views in a classic, "Colorado Chic" style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Highland Haven Creekside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.