“Illegal burger sucks” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 65 Restaurants in Evergreen
“Illegal burger sucks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

One word describes this place LAME. If you don't believe me, try it. Smash burger blows this place away with that said a whopper is better. Terrible quality meat, gross fry dipping sauce and too many sloppy toppings. I'm not having a bad day and I'm not picky, this place just blows.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Evergreen, Colorado
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was glad to see a burger place open in Evergreen, so I gave it a try. Overall I was disappointed and thought they were expensive for the amount of food they served.

I ordered the Hands Up Chicken Club. It was tasty, but they used a very thin piece of chicken. I expected more for $6.99. I walked out hungry. My wife ordered the Mushroom Swiss which included the house sauce. She hated the sauce, and I tasted the burger and thought it was dry (not at all juicy like their menu claims). My son ordered the Undercover Cheeseburger which was also dry (not juicy either). My sons ordered an order of Illegal Fries for $2.29. It was a very small portion and they are very very thin. The drink is also served in a small cup, listed on the menu for $1.90 but they charge you $1.99.

I am following a gluten free diet and was pleased to see they offer a gluten free bun for an extra fifty cents. I ordered my sandwich on a gluten free bun (and was charged for it). My sandwich came out on a regular bun. I brought this to the staff's attention and they took the inside of my sandwich and placed it on a gluten free bun. This is an UNACCEPTABLE practice. I could have become very sick from cross contamination. It is obvious that the staff does not understand about serving gluten free food. It should be noted that all their fries are not gluten free.

The speed of service was good; it is a small restaurant with the tables close together and loud.

A burger ($7), fries ($2.29) and fountain drink ($2) will cost you nearly $12 (with tax). I’d rather go to Five Guys or Smashburger..

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Illegal Burger? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Illegal Burger, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.