“Best place to eat in Evergreen! Amazing food; wonderful atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bistro at Marshdale

The Bistro at Marshdale
27376 Spruce Lane, Evergreen, CO 80439-6515
(303) 674-7670
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bistro at Marshdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 65 Restaurants in Evergreen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 73 and Spruce Lane
Evergreen, Colorado
“Best place to eat in Evergreen! Amazing food; wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is THE place to go in Evergreen to celebrate a special occasion or just have an amazing meal. It's set in an old historic cabin with wonderful views of Mount Evans and Marshdale's meadow that's usually full of elk or deer. There's a cozy fireplace and a wonderful bar. You'll need reservations, as it gets full quickly!
The food is to die for! Everything is created specially and is a work of art. I eat gluten free and they create many items that are gluten free here that you would NEVER know are because they taste incredible! We've taken many people here when they visit from out of town and everyone is blown away that our little town has a place that so high scale...the prices are a bit up there as well, but so worth it!

Visited April 2013

Conifer, Colorado
“Affordable For Seniors and Families With Their Uncle Sam Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Let's not mince words: this is a wonderful, classy, high-end restaurant that might be out of our range as retirees if it were not for their reaching out to the community with their 'Uncle Sam' menu, which entails a three-course meal that truly fits the motto, "Eat like a king, pay like a jester!" My wife and I went for my birthday and could not have been more pleased, and well-fed. What are restaurants rated on? Ambiance, food, and service - The Bistro excels in all three. Hope that when you go, Michael is there to greet you and check on you during the meal. Our food server couldn't have been better and even the young man who brought the bread and olive oil/balsamic and refilled our water glasses was the epitome of genuine welcome.

Mlle had the crab beignets with ginger lime chutney and I had the buffalo meatballs to start - I thought she might do the Harry Meets Sally diner scene right there, and I would have joined her, the appetizers were that good. Next she enjoyed the perfectly cooked mahi mahi with cilantro and parmesan crust; me the frutti di mare, half of which I took home (I ain't too proud to ask them to box it). Dessert: we sampled the Grand Marnier dark chocolate mouse and the vanilla bean crème brulee but by then we were stuffed.

We stumbled to our Subaru with grins on our faces. And we'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Collins, Colorado
“A Bistro to Remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Bistro’s good reputation was enough to convince 28 of us to travel 85 miles for dinner. The restaurant occupies the rustic 1920’s Marshdale Lodge in Evergreen, CO. With our early reservation, we were seated immediately beside a cheery fireplace on this winter evening. Drink orders were taken while we read the menu of European and Colorado cuisine. Our three-course dinner offered a good selection of starters, entrees and desserts. My Ricotta Gnocchi starter with Smokey Chanterelle, jus, manchego and scallions was a delicious mix of flavors. My entrée of char grilled Atlantic salmon with a light apricot glaze and orange zest was moist with just the right texture. Dessert of crème Brule with crisp top and creamy base was a perfect finale to a great meal. Three distinctive features made our Bistro experience special: the relaxed atmosphere, a courteous, efficient wait staff and the fine food. The full dining room showed many other people feel the same way.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Solid choice if you're in Evergreen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I have been going to the Bistro ever since we were dating. Their menu keeps getting better. Their gnocchi and salads are really delicious. The only thing about the place that might need a little work is the decor/atmosphere, depending on how you feel about the rustic hunting lodge thing. The place is definitely clean though, and the food is great. Service is good. Sometimes they have a live piano player, which is a unique touch. You'll have a great experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Sunday Brunch...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Dining out should be as much about the experience as it is about the food. Such is the case with The Bistro at Marshdale. Hiding behind a weathered exterior is what can best be described as a mountain retreat oozing with the warmth and smells of a crackling fire. You are treated as treasured guests from the moment you enter the bistro. Welcomed with genuine smiles from folks who are truly glad to see you.

THE FOOD: Menu selections are not extensive, but they are sufficient. You can view the menu on their website. Be advised its not a 100% match of available offerings. For example, we were hoping to sample the Angus Prime Rib sandwich, but alas, it was not available during our visit. The food was above average, but not the absolute best we’ve ever had. For example, the Smoked Salmon Benedict was very good, however the salmon was slightly over-cooked. We are not “high-maintenance” diners thus it is rare for us to return food to the chef. While I enjoyed the dish, I was left with a hint of desire for a cut of fish less done. My wife had the Marshdale Omelette and my 12 year old daughter sampled the Almond Crusted French Toast. Both thoroughly enjoyed their entrees.

THE VERDICT: The Bistro at Marshdale is a worthy addition to your list of "must try" establishments. We will return again, and you should too!

• Visited February 2013