“Nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Denver Tech Center

You added HYATT house Denver Tech Center to your Saves list
HYATT house Denver Tech Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9280 East Costilla Avenue, Englewood, CO 80112 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Denver Tech Center)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I last stayed at the Hyatt House in July/August 2014. I have stayed here many times in the past, but it has been a couple of years since the last time. Since then, it has been renovated and seems to have a more contemporary feel to it. I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite along with my sister and her two children. There was plenty of room for us all and we were all very comfortable. I love the fact that each bedroom as well as the main living room have televisions so you can always get away to relax in front of the tv at the end of the night without bothering anyone else. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. There was certainly no shortage of pillows! My shower leaked some water and I don't know if it was the design of the updated shower or if it was just a random issue. It didn't bother me too much.
This hotel has a free breakfast. I would say that the quality of some of the foods has gone down but there are new items that have been introduced that have improved. The flow of the dining area isn't the greatest, though. When it gets crowded at breakfast, it is challenging to maneuver around the food area. There is not much space around the serving area and it is confusing which way to enter and exit so there can be people everywhere! Just go downstairs with patience and know you will get food! The omelet station is in that crowded area and would probably be better if it wasn't so it would possibly make it less congested. There are lots of chairs to sit at, so odds are, you won't have to wait for a table or take your food outside. If it is nice outside, you can always eat outside on the patio near the pool.
Since we went in the summer, we were able to enjoy the pool. It's not a huge pool, just as most hotel pools aren't, but it did the job! They also have a hot tub, which I didn't get to enjoy too much because children were busy swimming in the hot tub instead of the pool (very big pet peeve of mine). There is a chair lift in the pool that makes it handicap accessible and I was very disappointed to see that many families let their children play on it. The staff didn't come out to the pool to check on things, so that might prevent little ones from playing marco polo in the hot tub, jumping off the edge of the hot tub, and playing on the lift. That is the only thing that bothered me about my stay, but that has nothing to do with the hotel, just the parents of the children staying at the hotel.
I have family in CO, so if any of us from out of town go to visit and need a hotel, this is the only place we go; we are very happy with the Hyatt House!

Room Tip: I would recommend a top floor. This was the first time it happened but we heard constant stomping f...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Copperas Cove, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Very quiet and the breakfast rocked.. I loved having two bedrooms and a kitchen. It was convenient to get around town from here and there are plenty of places around to eat. There is also a target and a walmart nearby.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in a 2 bedrooms suite. Checkin was delayed since our room wasn't ready even though we arrived around 4:30pm which is 1.5 hours after the checkin time. Once we were in the room, I was impressed that the room looks modern and the beds were comfy. The bathroom could use extra cleaning as there were still some dirt and hair visible in the corners and shower. Our room was facing the pool, and it was quite loud with screaming kids early in the morning. However, we enjoyed the free wifi, free parking, and free breakfast. Overall, a good hotel choice with spacious rooms.

Stayed August 2014
Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

My family was really pleased with this hotel. It was able to offer us two king sized beds, which is sometimes tricky to find. The full breakfast was able to accommodate our various dietary needs, for the most part. The beds were comfortable. Great place!

Stayed July 2014
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My two teenage boys and I went up to Denver for a quick weekend get away and usually stay in downtown Denver. This trip I couldn't find a room at a price I liked, so I decided to give the Tech Center Hyatt House a try. We were glad that we did. The hotel is right off of I-25, so it is very easy to find, but I did not hear any highway noises from my room. Upon arrival, the front desk person was very nice and helpful with other information. The two bedroom suite was perfect for me and my kids. Everyone had their own bed and TV. Wi-fi was not extra as it usually is in the downtown hotels. Also parking is free. We went to a sporting event and decided to drive and it was not too bad. We left before the traffic could have been bad. However, the front desk said that their shuttle would have dropped us off at the Light Rail if we wanted. The breakfast, which is included in the room charge was very good. The staff was also pleasant. There were also plenty of restaurants and shopping within a short drive. I definitely will consider staying at the Hyatt House again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Hyatt House. We had the two bedroom suite which was like a small apartment. It had a living area with a flat screen tv, vcr and a box to plug in your own Xbox or Play Station type gaming equipment. The kitchen has all full size appliances as well as a dishwasher, toaster, small coffee maker, cooking utensils, plates, glasses, silverware. The breakfast bar area has 3 barstools. Both bedrooms have flat screen tvs, very comfortable beds, closets and bathrooms. There are no bath tubs, only showers. There is a wall thermostat and the AC works great. The room was clean and all employees that we encountered were super friendly. They have complimentary Internet in room and in the business office which worked perfectly. We brought our small dog with us for a $75 fee that covered 6 days. There are large grassy areas out back designated for dogs to use. There is an outdoor pool, which is hard to find in Colorado. Most have indoor pools, but I like to lay out by the pool and there were plenty of loungers. From what I understand, this pool is open year around, but I would call to confirm this. It also has a covered hot tub, gazebo with tables and chairs, BBQ's for guests to use. The pool didn't look great, it was a little murky. Also, the deep end was only 4 feet but the water was a good temperature. However, the interior halls going to our room were too warm. The breakfast buffet is good. There is a wide selection of fruit, juices, coffee, milk, Oatmeal, pancakes, French toast, omelets made to order, scrambled eggs, potatoes, alternating between bacon, sausage, and ham, bagels, toast, muffins, pastries, and more. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed for 8 days and were thrilled with our accommodations. The rooms are large and equipped as if we were home. The staff was friendly and eager to help. The free breakfast had something for everyone including an omelet bar. The location has easy access to I-25.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to HYATT house Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!