“Very nice hotel and great for golfers” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Specials
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manhattan
“Very nice hotel and great for golfers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

This is a golf resort with a hotel attached. Excellent shuttle service goes within 5 miles of hotel. Several restaurants on site. A beautiful golf course on site. Spacious hotel with good service. A full bar with nice bar menu. Rooms are spacious and quiet. Spa on site.

Carpet is clean, good lighting, comfortable beds, large desk, clean bathroom etc. Modern furnishings and updated interior. I thought the elevators were too small and they only seemed to have 2 elevators. Besides the elevators, everything else was good. You cannot walk to anything but the shuttle will take you to the Park Meadows Mall nearby. You are fairly close to the light rail if you'd like to get to downtown.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a brief trip to Denver this past weekend. Originally, I had no complaints as the room was nice, the staff was polite, and I got a killer rate from hotwire. I knew going in that there was a resort fee charged per day and I was fine with that because even with that fee the rate was lower than other hotels in the area. I cannot comment on the restaurants, spa, or golf facilities because I did not use any of them. However, despite my original non-eventful experience here, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I received my bill for the two night resort fee and ok'd it upon checkout. However, when I went to use my credit (NOT debit) card to fill gas so that I could drive home, it was declined. Turns out, the hotel had put a hold on my card for EIGHT TIMES the amount of the resort fee PER NIGHT. Now, I don't know about you, but that's a heck of a lot of money to hold for less than a $20 charge. When I called the hotel about it, they called my card's bank and took off the hold. However, the manager I spoke with was extremely rude and even though she said that the hold is usually cleared on a credit card upon checkout, she blamed the 9+ hour delay on my hold being cleared on my bank, not on their hotel. She could barely get the words out to apologize for the (their) screw-up and it was always followed with an excuse (it's the hotel's policy, every hotel does this, etc, etc, etc). Had I known about this hold/authorization before booking I certainly would not have stayed there. Had I been informed by the hotel about this policy AT ANY POINT, I would have made sure to monitor it before I filled gas and went inside to pay. Thank goodness I had another way to pay for it or I would still be in Colorado. Despite the manager's assertions, I have NEVER been charged almost $200 for a $20 fee and have NEVER had a problem with authorization charges at any of the many hotels I have stayed at before. I feel that by not informing me about the fee and charging it without my permission, the Inverness crossed a line, and that is absolutely not acceptable. If you wish to use the money you have to get yourself home after your trip, I would not recommend staying at the Inverness because there's no guarantee that it will be there when you need it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I booked this hotel using expedia. I have to say the entire experience was very sub par. When we checked in they had a hard time finding our reservations. It took them twenty minutes to find them and get us taken care of. The front desk staff was friendly but not overly accommodating. When we finally did get in our room, it was only a standard room when we booked a deluxe room. I called down to the front desk and she lied to me and told me it was a deluxe room and that it was all they had for the night. Then we discovered that the bathroom had not been cleaned at all. There were towels from the last guest, used soap, and no shampoo or any of the other things that should be in the bathroom. After calling for housekeeping to bring more towels, the housekeeping manager checked the bed and said that it looked like the sheets had not been cleaned. She had to change the sheets. If it wasn't for her we would have been sleeping on dirty sheets. Although we did have a nice time at the bar in the hotel it was very overpriced. I explained everything that had happened to the front desk when checking out and they in no way fixed or did anything other than say I'm sorry we will look into why your room wasn't cleaned. I will never go back

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Got a great rate through Hotwire ($72/night) which, even with the $10 resort fee, was a good deal for a location near office complexes, big box stores, other mall shopping, and major interstates. I've seen complaints about the resort fee but it was clearly listed on the confirmation. Further, the $10 covered valet (or self) parking, internet (wireless and wired), local calls and other conveniences which seems very reasonable for a suburban Denver location.

The lobby architecture is stunning and the common areas and grounds were well maintained. The room was a bit on the small side but more than adequate with a queen sized bed and desk area. The bathroom was quite small and contained only a stand up shower.

My only real complaint about the property is that the door to the room was awful at blocking hallway noise. After arriving at the hotel late at night, I was exhausted from a day of traveling. I was pleased to see that the room was away from the elevators in hopes of getting a good nights sleep. Unfortunately, I was awakened at 7:30am to housekeeping cleaning other rooms on the floor. When i heard the initial call of, "Housekeeping" accompanied by a knock, I thought it was on my door. It turned out that they were still several doors down the hallway. Further, after 45 minutes of listening to every crinkle of paper and shuffle of cleaning products on the multiple housekeeping carts - not to mention every hallway conversation taking place on the floor - I had no choice but to get up after barely 6 hours of sleep. I read other reviews about "thin wall" but I'm fairly certain that the solid wood doors (rather than steel core) is to blame.

I mentioned the issue to the front desk agent at checkout. Although downplaying the severity, the front desk agent seemed aware of the issue but had little else to say about it. Then again, what can be done other than to hope that this hotel considers replacing the doors the next time they update the property?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

This is a great place. The rooms were nice although a little dated and the staff was incredible. Had a massage in the Spa, wow, ask for Karen. Beautiful spa! The Sunday Brunch was mediocre but if you are into QUANITY and not QUALITY you will be fine. Property has a nice bar and golf course.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Great Plains
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

We were late getting into our room, and then discovered the room above was leaking into our bathroom. We were late getting put into another room, and that one had no view. To top it off, our credit card number was stolen when their computer was hacked, and Destination Hotels refused to accept responsibility and make restitution. If you go, pay cash, because their computer security is obviously virtually non-existent.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010 via mobile

Ok. The restuarants are really bad. The lady at breakfast was taking room orders when we were waiting for room. Best western don't even do that. The staff is just not up to par. Medium level at best. This hotel could be something special by spending some money and getting staff/mgt that could keep it at a higher level

• Stayed January 2010

Been to Inverness Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!