“Enjoyed Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Nashville, Indiana
“Enjoyed Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Good service at front desk. For families, in a bit of a tough location for easy access to restaurants. But had a great rate and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
south dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Check in OK. Went to our assigned room - it had not been cleaned. Went back to front desk, they gave us keys to another room. Walked in and the beds were made (wondering if they were just made or if the sheets were actually changed). Found paper wrappers, and tags on the floor. Bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a week, and found two dirty towels that were folded up like clean ones. Obviously they don't have a very good cleaning staff. If you want a clean room - DO NOT stay here. We had two other couples in our party and their rooms were not much cleaner than ours, so no sense asking for another room. Not an old facitlity - and definitely not up to other Candewood Suites standards we have stayed in. Location and the room size good.

Room Tip: Beds are comfortable enough.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear SDSUfan,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the housekeeping staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Shawnee, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Please shop around for your next hotel stay. Hot water out for two days with no proactive communication. We had to call the front desk to inquire about the situation. A day had passed before compensation was offered. Horrible vomit smell in hallways only to be masked by febreeze later in the week. Overall cleanliness was not where a hotel of this caliber should be. The comments from other residents is that it was always 'something' happening there. Please stay somewhere else!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear Sohh,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on delivering our guests a great experience at all times and I would like you to rest assured that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience the hot water outage may have caused you and rest assured your comments have been shared accordingly to improve our services.

Lin S.
IHGCare
Santa Clara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I booked the hotel for a week for a business visit in Englewood. Hotel Smells very bad. No hot water was provided for 2.5 days and management asked us to look for an alternate hotel when asked for any alternate means.

No hot water on a Cold Feb night is terrible. Hotel management does not understand the pain of the travellers

Room Tip: Dont book this hotel unless yu are looking for a low price
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Travel33046,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Englewood.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012 via mobile

Waited 20min at front desk when I arrived (along with another gentleman) to check in at 10:00pm front desk girl no where to be found! Shower head a joke! Sprayed all Over the bathroom and the shower head felt like it was pelting you. I walked by the front desk and heard another guest complaining about their shower head too- so isn't wasn't just mine. The jacuzzi had so much chlorine my husband and I could only bare it doe about 3min it was burning our eyes So bad. Overall stay ok- but they need to change something's..!

• Stayed February 2012
Ashd0307,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 via mobile

This is an ok hotel. Looks nice. Nice price. Spacious one bedroom with full kitchen. Only bad thing is that this hotel has a bad smell. Take air freshener , and scented candles to cover the bad smells. No breakfast here but the have a little store by lobby to purchase a variety of stuff. Great great prices on everything here. Cool place ...free washer and dryer too :) and free movie rentals

• Stayed February 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
mrskerns,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel because we had a LONG drive in traffic back from the mountains and we wanted to stay somewhere that had an indoor pool and was in a safe area. First off, the hotel was right off the highway. It is situated in a business district (I'll get into that here in a minute) and is close enough to other conveniences within minutes drive time (i.e. Super Target, fast food restaurants, Park Meadows Mall, light rail system, sit down restaurants, etc.). On arrival, it seemed very quiet and like we were the only ones there, which bothered me at first, because I did no research prior to arriving here. When I went to check in, I was not greeted by a front desk clerk. There was nobody in sight. I finally read a sign that said to pick up a phone in the lobby which would then wake up or alert the front desk clerk to come assist customers. I did that and was shortly greeted by an employee who acted as though she was about 5 minutes from getting off shift. I asked her if there was vacancy and she said there was and asked me for my ID card (which I gladly gave her). The next thing I know, without her saying another word to me and a lot of typing on her end, she handed me a bill and asked for my credit card (mind you there was no quote, no asking me if I wanted a suite or not, nothing of the sort). Maybe I'm being a little too picky here, but from my experience with hotels, I expect nothing more than good customer service. Anyway, after I was a bit tiffed, my family and I went to our room, ground floor, next to an exit (which I like). Upon entry into the room, it seemed like a mini studio apartment. It had all of the amenities (i.e. fridge, range, microwave, freezer, dishes, dishwasher, sink, coffeemaker, etc). It was modern and updated and the room seemed fresh. I liked it. I think the room made me forget about my experience with the front desk clerk. We went to grab something to eat and came back. We forgot drinks but noticed that there was a little concession stand that was on the 'honor' system (reasonably priced for a hotel). We ate and then went to the pool, which although small, was still decent enough for the hotel. You have to bring your own towels from the room, since there are none in the pool area. The pool smelled REALLY strong of chlorine or bleach and the rear door was left open to air it out. VERY STRONG ODOR!! In the bathroom, there are only 2x towels, so you may have to ask for more at the front desk. The night sleep was good, not the best, but better than most. You can ask for firmer pillows if you need to. There is not continental breakfast, but there is fresh free coffee at whatever time you want or desire. For a one night stay, I didn't mind this place. It fit my family's need for the night and was in a safe area. On check out (which is noon...I like that!), I noticed I was charged a business charge for the hotel being in a business district. Not happy with that, but I can deal with it just fine (just be aware of this before hand). Ask for a AAA discount if you have it, because it gives you almost $10 off and even before that, the price for a night here is very reasonable. Day shift clerk was better by the way!

Room Tip: Ask for more towels
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center? Share your experiences!