“Good Food, Service Leaves Much To Be Desired” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Denver
“Good Food, Service Leaves Much To Be Desired”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We went to Flemmings for a special occasion and expected a wonderful evening of outstanding food and exemplary service. The food was delicious, though not aligned with the pricing.
While we enjoyed the evening, overall, the service we received (or didn't receive) had a negative impact on my experience.

It took a long time for us to be acknowledged and to place our drink orders. After ordering, it seemed to take even longer to get our beverages. None of us ordered wine, yet the wine glasses remained on our table. I had to ask that they remove them, so we would have space for our food.
This may seem nit-picky, but it is the little things like this that can set an establishment apart.

Additionally, it took entirely too long for our plates to be cleared. I have the expectation, particularly at a highly-rated restaurant, that when the meal is finished the table is cleared promptly. Ultimately, I had to ask that our plates be taken away; not my idea of quality service.

Again, while these things may seem trivial, when one spends over $1,000 on dinner out with friends, the expectation of above-average service is ever-present.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hobe Sound, Florida
“Not Just Good Steak but Great Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had the Newport filet mignon; it was one of the best filets I have ever had, very tender and tasty. The wine list is extensive with several price points. I had a very good wine for $12 a glass for what they call a large pour. The service was impeccable. When I return home from this trip I am going to take my wife to a Flemings for dinner.

Visited July 2014
Oakville, Canada
“Worth the Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic! Service, food, ... I would go a little later for dinner about 730-8ish. We went on a Sat night at 730, and it was loud and filled with people. By 830, it had quieted down significantly. Food hot and presentation great! The steaks were amazing - as were the sides. Order only 2 sides for 4 people, and dine family style as the portions were large. The seafood tower starter was awesome! I wish I had taken photos. So much better than Ruth Chris's as the steak was not all greasy... Loved it at Flemings and would definitely go back! $$$$$ but you do receive your monies worth!! Wine, tumblers of scotch, appetizers, mains, 2 sides, and dessert came out to about 600 for 4.

Visited January 2014
Centennial, Colorado
“Always Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We eat here for very special occasions and celebrations. We bring our kids with us and even though this is a higher end restaurant they are always welcomed with great service and a wonderful menu just for them.

We have never had a bad meal here. Steaks and sides and drink are always excellent and the service is amazing!! We did a Easter sunday brunch one which included a special menu and it too was delicious.

• Visited October 2013