“Won't go back” 3 of 5 stars

Cross street: Quebec and Arapahoe
Centennial, Colorado
“Won't go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Visited this restaurant on Valentines day after a friends recommendation. Arrived at our reserved time and was promptly seated and our waiter immediately came to our table to introduce himself, explained the specials and said he would return after we had a chance to look at the wine list. A full ten minutes of drinking water later, after he continuously walking past our table ignoring us, he finally showed up to take our wine order.

When I spoke to someone at the restaurant prior to making the reservation, I told the person on the phone that my girl friend was gluten intolerant and was told that that would not be a problem. Upon ordering, we learned that the gluten free selections were very limited and after my girl friend ordered the lamb, which the waiter told her was gluten free, he returned later to tell us that it was not, plus his knowledge of whether other items on the menu were gluten was very limited.

We both finally ordered the rib eye steak and salad. I had a Caesar salad that tasted like no Caesar salad I had ever eaten in my life and was fare at best, but when the steaks arrived, that was the topper. Our rib eyes were probably a half inch thick, tough and full of grissel. Neither of us could fininsh our steaks, so we had them consigned to the doggy bag for the doggie and as it was Valentines night and the place was packed, I requested the bill without comment or complaint to the waiter, but it was not over yet, Upon examining the bill the waiter had charged us for the $27 lamb dinner that had been cancelled after learning it was not gluten free.

The bill was fixed, I paid it and we left and I assure you WE WILL NEVER RETURN. As we dine out often, there are way to many high quality restaurants with outstanding service in the Denver area and the management of this place needs to get a clue.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We loved the food here and atmosphere here. There was live music with a guy singing and playing the guitar. Just the right volume as sometimes live music can be too loud. Their gorgonzola cheesecake appetizer was amazing. I highly recommend it - nothing like cheesecake but really, really good. The rest of our food was also very good - everyone enjoyed their meal immensly. The service was also great - highly recommended. It might be a little difficult to find because it's located in a small strip of stores off the main road, but it's well worth the effort to find.

Visited December 2011
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Our New Favorite Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Wow! What can I say! From the unbelievable atmosphere, to the very attentive wait staff, to the awesome presentation and preparation of the food...this is a place NOT to be missed! You will be just like us, and come back again and again and again!!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Worst Dining Experience of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We went with our 1 year old son and another couple and their child. When I called to make the reservation I let them know that we were bringing two children and they said that they were more than welcome. However when we arrived they were less than pleased and made us feel very unwelcome because of the children, who were very good and quiet the entire time. We told the waitress that we each had a deal before we ordered and asked if we could please have separate checks. After we each paid and left the restaurant we chatted for a few minutes outside before getting in our cars. A woman came out and started yelling at us saying that we stole from her. At first we were very confused as we didn't know who she was, or what she could possibly be talking about. She then turned her anger toward our friend accusing him of sneaking in his deal in his bill and running out the restaurant to avoid paying what he really owed. Both of us paid the full amount as well as tipped 15% on the total bill before the deal was taken off. She yelled and accused a little longer before heading back inside. We considered the confrontation over and talked for about another minute by our cars trying to get over the shock. I was putting my son int he car when a man came out yelling saying that he was calling the police because we stole from him. In addition to this accusation being completely ridiculous he was doing it in front of a crowd of people who were trying to enter the restaurant. He started writing down our license plates, and his voice was raised even more. I was afraid for myself and my child.
In addition to the wait staff being extremely unfriendly, the shrimp dish has left my husband feeling very ill since we arrived home. I ordered the potato leek soup and a spinach salad. No where on the menu was the soup listed as chilled. The first spoonfull was off-putting and didn't really seem to get better. The portions although small had great presentation, but the flavor profile was off no way justified the sticker price. All in all I would say that it was the worst dinng experience that I have ever had.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Wonderful food, great service - wish everyone was saying the same”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

A group of 8 went to Pesce Fresco just this past weekend for 5280. It's true - the place is a little hidden and resides in a strip mall type area, but it is great! Truly dee-lish.

I started with the calamari and the other half of my "couple" chose the gorgonzola cheesecake. Hello, yum! The calamari was decent and the pesto aioli served with it was great, but the savory cheesecake was THE BEST. Wonderful texture and taste - not too overpowering.

Onto the entree - I chose the lobster ravioli while the other half selected the Zuppa Di Pesce (seafood stew in a tomato broth w/ pasta) and again he beat me! The lobster ravioli was way more lobster than pasta (bonus) and super tasty, but the Zuppa just had a little more...something.

And now on to dessert - there was a chocolate torte and of course, tiramisu. The torte was rich and delicious. The tiramisu was some of the best I have ever had. Usually I'm turned off by the mushy-ness of the dish - I like the flavor, but not so much the texture. But at Pesce the tiramisu was light and flavorful and the ladyfingers weren't absolutely soaked so you actually got a little crunch and variety with each bite.

Also, the staff was amazing - attentive, knowledgeable and thoughtful.
The wine prices (for 5280) were quite reasonable. Little pricey on the normal menu, but HATE paying $40 for a bottle of wine I know I can get for $15 so I'm a little biased there.

• Visited March 2011