“Will Not Stay Again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7380 S Clinton St, Englewood, CO 80112 (Formerly Country Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Houston, TX
“Will Not Stay Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express on a personal / business trip. As a frequent business traveler staying 2-3 nights per week at hotels I understand that there are issues that arise. A smelly hallway, accidentally providing a room that someone else is in, a front desk person that doesn't know any good restaurants, etc. What bothers me is when there is blatant disrespect to a customer. This is my experience that I have forwarded to the GM at the location. As mentioned at the end of the letter I will post any restitution provided.

Ms. Tabert,

I would like to let you know that on a whole I was very dissatisfied with my stay at the Holiday Inn Express on South Clinton Street from April 6 to April 8, 2007.

Upon arrival my wife and I were checked into room 228. At approximately 10:30 pm the floor in the room literally began to vibrate; this was accompanied by a rumbling sound such as that of a large semi-truck driving by. After about 10 minutes the noise did not go away. I called down to the front desk to ask to be moved and was told to wait a few minutes for a call back indicating that I would receive a room change.

Going to the front desk to pick up my new key, I asked the gentleman to make sure that the new room would not be near any elevators, vending machines, stairwells, etc. Given that we counted approximately 30 cars in the parking lot, and that your hotel has at least 90 rooms, this seemed a simple request. The worker at the front desk did not utter a single word after this request, just grabbed a couple of keys, played with the computer, and then handed us the keys. Again I asked if this was next to anything; he responded, "no".

The room we were given was room 220, 4 rooms down from where we just were. This room is also immediately across from the elevators that we took to get to the room, and where the ice machine was running at full blast. We let ourselves into the room hoping the sound would not penetrate the door, which it did.

Again, we went downstairs and requested a new room. The gentleman at the front desk this time did not so much as say, "ok", "hello", etc. As a matter of fact, he did not utter a single word, just took our keys and gave us new ones without so much as looking us in the eye. I have never been treated with such disrespect at any hotel. Of course, the final room we received, 302, was immediately adjacent to a staircase, again, what we requested not to have.

As I used Priority Club points for this stay I am concerned with your practices. Is it standard to give someone who has earned 200,000 points over the past year and a half staying at Holiday Inns to receive the worst rooms in the hotel? Is it also standard practice to issue a full bill at the end of the stay, so the burden is on myself to make sure my points are applied appropriately?

This is my first time issuing a complaint against any hotel, and I hope that you take measures to rectify with your staff the way they treat their patrons. I will never stay at this Holiday Inn Express again, and have recently been considering moving to Hilton branded hotels. This experience has solidified this for me.

At the least, I request that you refund me the balance of the points (30,000) that were deducted for my stay at your establishment.

Lastly, I will be posting my experience by way of this transcript on TripAdvisor.com so that others may be warned of the service they will receive. In fairness, I will also post whatever restitution was provided and whether or not it was done in a timely manner. Until an adequate response is received I will continue to not recommend yours or any other Holiday Inn.

Regards,

Ben

Stayed April 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Garland, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2006

This motel is beautiful! We got a suite that had two rooms along with a spacious bathroom, refrigerator, and microwave. Bed was extremely comfortable with soft and firm pillows.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Facilities were very clean especially the pool area. Great filling breakfast is provided.

Motel is located close to major restaurants and is directly across the street from a Maggiano's Little Italy. We got the family style dinner and had enough food left over to feed us for two more meals! The refrigerator and microwave came in extra handy! The location is located in a business park right off of the I25 & Dry Creek Road Exit.

Will definitely stay here again when visiting in Denver!

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!