I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express on a personal / business trip. As a frequent business traveler staying 2-3 nights per week at hotels I understand that there are issues that arise. A smelly hallway, accidentally providing a room that someone else is in, a front desk person that doesn't know any good restaurants, etc. What bothers me is when there is blatant disrespect to a customer. This is my experience that I have forwarded to the GM at the location. As mentioned at the end of the letter I will post any restitution provided.
I would like to let you know that on a whole I was very dissatisfied with my stay at the Holiday Inn Express on South Clinton Street from April 6 to April 8, 2007.
Upon arrival my wife and I were checked into room 228. At approximately 10:30 pm the floor in the room literally began to vibrate; this was accompanied by a rumbling sound such as that of a large semi-truck driving by. After about 10 minutes the noise did not go away. I called down to the front desk to ask to be moved and was told to wait a few minutes for a call back indicating that I would receive a room change.
Going to the front desk to pick up my new key, I asked the gentleman to make sure that the new room would not be near any elevators, vending machines, stairwells, etc. Given that we counted approximately 30 cars in the parking lot, and that your hotel has at least 90 rooms, this seemed a simple request. The worker at the front desk did not utter a single word after this request, just grabbed a couple of keys, played with the computer, and then handed us the keys. Again I asked if this was next to anything; he responded, "no".
The room we were given was room 220, 4 rooms down from where we just were. This room is also immediately across from the elevators that we took to get to the room, and where the ice machine was running at full blast. We let ourselves into the room hoping the sound would not penetrate the door, which it did.
Again, we went downstairs and requested a new room. The gentleman at the front desk this time did not so much as say, "ok", "hello", etc. As a matter of fact, he did not utter a single word, just took our keys and gave us new ones without so much as looking us in the eye. I have never been treated with such disrespect at any hotel. Of course, the final room we received, 302, was immediately adjacent to a staircase, again, what we requested not to have.
As I used Priority Club points for this stay I am concerned with your practices. Is it standard to give someone who has earned 200,000 points over the past year and a half staying at Holiday Inns to receive the worst rooms in the hotel? Is it also standard practice to issue a full bill at the end of the stay, so the burden is on myself to make sure my points are applied appropriately?
This is my first time issuing a complaint against any hotel, and I hope that you take measures to rectify with your staff the way they treat their patrons. I will never stay at this Holiday Inn Express again, and have recently been considering moving to Hilton branded hotels. This experience has solidified this for me.
At the least, I request that you refund me the balance of the points (30,000) that were deducted for my stay at your establishment.
Lastly, I will be posting my experience by way of this transcript on TripAdvisor.com so that others may be warned of the service they will receive. In fairness, I will also post whatever restitution was provided and whether or not it was done in a timely manner. Until an adequate response is received I will continue to not recommend yours or any other Holiday Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ‘Delightful rooms & accommodations and attentive guest service’ offers the latest hotel style and amenities. Newly renovated 92 rooms and suites are ready to welcome our guests with delightful accommodations. Our suites include microwave, refrigerator and a sofa bed. Our warm and friendly staff will make you feel right at home. ‘Best location for business & shopping and free shuttle service.’ Where modern metropolitan commerce meets rustic Rocky Mountain charm, the hotel is Located less than one mile from the Denver Tech Center, which is the center of the Colorado business and near the Castle Rock outlet and major shopping malls. For those avid golfers, there is an award winning golf course within walking distance. Business and leisure travelers can visit Denver Downtown via Denver’s RTD Light rail located less than 5 minutes away from the Hotel. Our complimentary shuttle service can take you anywhere within a 10 mile radius including Centennial airport (APA), the University of Denver and Park Meadows Shopping Center. ‘Start your day with a hot breakfast and enjoy free coffee & cookies.’ Start your day with a hot breakfast buffet by the fire before heading out. Enjoy fresh baked cookies and coffee in the afternoon and catch up on the latest news with USA today newspaper. Guests can also enjoy top amenities, like free high-speed wired and wireless Internet, wonderful indoor pool, jetted Jacuzzi and fitness center. Guests can get various benefits from restaurants, bars and famous spots that have partnership with us. Enjoying free stay at 4,400 hotel of the IHG (Intercontinental Hotel Group) over 100 countries by your Priority Club points! Become a Priority Club member for free and start receiving points towards free nights, free electronics and free vacations. Priority club points are honored at 4,400 hotels of the IHG (*Intercontinental Hotel Group) over 100 countries. Pack your bags and come home to the !. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Englewood
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suitees: Denver Tech Center
- Holiday Inn Englewood
- Holiday Inn Express Englewood
- Englewood Holiday Inn