“Tired and In Need of an Upgrade” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7380 S Clinton St, Englewood, CO 80112 (Formerly Country Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Englewood
Whitewater, Wisconsin
“Tired and In Need of an Upgrade”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here on business and was extremely disappointed. Sunday shift frazzled and overwhelmed even though only one other person was at the desk besides me. Two evenings out of three there were giant bags of trash as you got out of the elevator. Room carpet had stains that I kept walking around. Ceiling had a bulge where there once must have been a leak. When I asked for help with the air conditioning the front desk person said she would be leaving to go home but would check it out for me before she left, obviously put out to have to do this before leaving and doing me a huge favor. No problem I won't be back so no more favors needed.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear C B M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is in south Denver within the Tech Center. It is not far away to highway I-25. Because there are no restaurants or other business around, it is very quiet in the night plus its environment is pretty neat that is why I like to stay.
A separate sitting area in our room helps both of us to get chance comfortably sit down in the same time especially after traveling a long day. The mini refrigerator has a small freezer in it that gives us convenience to freeze small amount of foods. In such hot summer, a little bit frozen food gives travelers a lot of joy.
Except the microwave is too high to reach, otherwise, it is perfect. Nice staff, clean room, and comfortable bed…I would like to come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Schriever, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I accompied my husband while he was on a business trip. Clerk was very nice and helpful when I need a shuttle to meet my husband at his work place. Room was very nice and spacious. With a seperate sitting area. The indoor pool was nice and that is where I spent most of my time while husband was working. I was the only one in it. Was bummed though that the hot tub was broken during my stay. They also had a small gym but didn't use it. The free breakfast was a nice touch. Just basic with eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy, cinnamon rolls and pancakes. But def filled you up for most of the day. Just would only choose this for business only and not vacation. There is no view of the gorgeous Rocky Mountains. Just buildings, it is in a busy section but no attractions or eating places in walking distance. I plan on visiting the Denver area again for an actual vacation and want to be closer to the mountains next time.

• Stayed May 2013
Craig, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We choose this hotel because it was close to Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre and was a decent hotel. A basic Holiday Inn Express, the rooms were clean and everything about it was pretty basic, nothing too special. It was close to where we were headed and had a free shuttle within 10 miles. However, the shuttle driver seemed as though we were imposing on him, and he had already taken a group to Fiddler's Green and was just returning when we wanted to leave. Another negative is that we stayed 1 night, left the hotel during the day (were gone by 9 am) and were coming back for another night. When we returned to the hotel at 4 pm our room was still not clean. We had to track down housekeeping just to get new towels. I little disappointed that our bed wasn't even made. All in all just a decent place to stay. Also, the ATM was not working and the vending machines only took cash. Front desk couldn't even help when I asked. That seems kind of ridiculous!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear RachelG699,

Thank you for your feedback in regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Englewood. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to our shuttle service and housekeeping.

It is my goal as a general manager to consistently have my staff provide superior service and accommodations. Your comments are very important to me. The feedback I receive from my valued guests, like you, enables me to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback I receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will continue to choose the Holiday Inn Express in Englewood for your future travel needs.

Joe Chi
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Quiet, clean, in good repair, and the staff were friendly. The room was just enough space for a multi-day stay. I was most surprised by the included breakfast; the hot options were nothing fancy but the selection was better than I expected. My colleagues were booked in several comperable hotels in this strip and it seemed that I had the best experience.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Josh K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!
Hastings, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

A very nice Holiday Inn Express--pretty much what you expect at Holiday Inn Express. Excellent location and easy to find. The pool and whirlpool worked very well and the area was clean. Lobby was clean. Breakfast was typical of Holiday Inn Express and well tended to and area was kept clean. The check-in process was a little brusque--Dora said all the right words but without any friendliness or even a smile. It was like being checked in my a machine. This starts off the whole experience at the hotel with a little trepidation. Our room was on the fourth floor and there was some water damage on the ceiling (probably from the roof). The room was clean as was the bathroom. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your compliments, and we will continue to train our front desk staff to excel more in their friendliness during check-in.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times for business and think its great. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast includes yogurt, milk, various juices, coffee, and tea, eggs, biscuits, pastries, toast, and more. My room has a desk, couch, and kitchenette which is great for any stay. The fitness center is basic but has anything you'd want for a hotel workout. I've stayed here before and I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms come with a mini-fridge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We greatly appreciate it, and we will continue to pursue ways to make your stay more enjoyable.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suitees: Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!