“This place frequently oversells” 1 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“This place frequently oversells”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have had reservations at this location on three separate occasions, and each time I have been told that they oversold the hotel (using the same excuse each time, wildfires in Colorado Springs that oddly impact occupancy at no other hotels in the Denver area). As a result, I have been "walked" or told I can stay at the Days Inn nearby. I have no desire to stay at a Days Inn, what a joke! When I asked the General Manager about this, he was rude and unhelpful. Way to go Marriott!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel is cheap but you get what you pay for. Neat, but the AC is very loud and bed is small. Otherwise not bad for the price you pay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

A colleague and I stayed a this property for four nights on a business trip, and it was a good hotel in a perfect location. We had a two bedroom suite with a small kitchen and a nice-size living/dining room. We were both able to work at the kitchen table with computers and papers spread out. That was especially nice so we didn't have to be cramped at a desk or on beds.

The free breakfast was fine, no frills, but cereal, yogurt, breads/pastries and coffee/tea/juice. We also took advantage of a large laundry facility.

The location was excellent with many restaurants (fast food, chain and local) very close by, as well as a large, upscale mall, shops and all kinds of places.

The room was a little worn, but it was very clean and comfortable.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We were looking forward to staying at this hotel as it looked very nice from the pictures. The room looked very nice when we first walked it, everything was new and modern. There was a full kitchen and well supplied with everything needed to live there for awhile. The fridge was an apartment size unit as was the stove, very useable. One complaint with the fridge was that it was very load and rattled when it was running. Once we started settling into the room we started noticing little issues. There wasn't really anywhere for the TV, it was pushed up against a wall and was completely unwatchable from the bed, I had to pull the stand away from the wall almost a foot to turn the TV enough that we could see it from the bed, then it was in the walkway making it difficult to sneak around to go to the kitchen or bathroom. The bathroom had not been completely cleaned, don't know if it was started or not? There was a well used bar of soap on the sink ledge, and I'm sure the sink hadn't been cleaned if the used soap wasn't moved. I informed the front desk about the bathroom and the loud fridge, they assured me they would get it fixed up right away. Half an hour later I was told there was nothing they could do about the fridge and the hotel was full so another room was not an option. We went out for dinner returning 2 1/2 hours later and the bathromm still had not been tended to. Sleep quality was so-so, the room was right next to an exit and the fire door was slamming steady for a good part of the night. The breakfast was very basic, only two tables to sit at and very poorly supplied.

This could be a very good hotel, it looks good and has more amenities than others in it's price range. It's biggest downfall is poor layout and a staff that doesn't care which of course means poor management. I litle TLC and the right manager would make a world of differance to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the exits and ensure the room has been cleaned.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Parker
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Needing a short stay due to home construction, I went with this Marriott Property. This is a very nice hotel which is more than a bed and flat TV. It is a must stay here place for the corporate or business traveler that needs more than a rest stop off the highway. The rooms have a very convenient floor-plan, and the kitchen has all the items needed to avoid the going out to eat every meal problem. Very close to a major mall and restaurant row area. If you are not familiar to the southeast Metro Denver area this is a safe part of town. You can not beat the AAA price for quality vs. price. The only thing that keeps me from rating this as an Excellent property is that is has the typical TownePlace mini breakfast. I never thought I would miss the Marriott free waffles. I would stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I travel quite frequently and have been in hundreds of hotels but I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. When I arrived there was a smiling face that greeted me, the first thing she mentioned is that she was new and she asked that I bare with her as she hit about a thousand keys on the computer. We made small talk as she found my name in the computer. Something that is often over looked by hotels now days. Then she looked at me, smiled and told me there was great news and not so great news. Still smiling she informed me that because of something or another there was no room for me at the hotel. She informed me that she had already called ahead and made a reservation for me at another hotel and that the first night was on the hotel. I was not thrilled that I would be relocating to another hotel but because of the manner in which I was approached it was impossible to be upset with her. I appreciate that she didn’t give me some out of the hand book response but a real human explanation of the problem and then offered a solution without hesitation. I will be booking at this hotel again and hope to receive the same great service- and this time get a room for the night as well. It's not often that you can be told you don't have a room and yet still leave with a smile (and a diet coke)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed here for 11 nights for an extended business trip. Cons: the pool is small, there is no room service/restaurant, very limited outdoor seating, only 2 commercial-free TV stations, no options for purchasing movies in the room. Pros: nice complimentary lite breakfast every morning (cereal, oatmeal, bagel, muffin, coffee, juices), WONDERFUL, friendly staff (they are really great here!), close to many dining options, great price, small selection of snacks, drinks, food, kitchen with the basics, clean. I would stay here again. Did I mention how friendly the staff was; which is nice because it can be ard to be away from home and alone for extended periods of time. Marcus made me feel welcome every morning at breakfast,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!