“Still dependable and nice, but cleaning is not up to par.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Englewood
Denver, Colorado
“Still dependable and nice, but cleaning is not up to par.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stay at this Residence Inn a lot. Since my last review a couple of years ago, there are a few things to update and a few things unchanged (which is good in this case). The staff is still super friendly and helpful, very welcoming. The hotel itself is still generally in good condition, the beds comfortable and the furniture/rooms in good shape. Breakfast is plentiful! So, for the most part, I highly recommend staying here while on business in the area. The only thing that seems to have declined is the overall job they do vacuuming. I stayed for a week, and the whole time, the hallways needed to be vacuumed. They have dark carpeting and there is a lot of debris on it, on every floor. I noticed in my room too that they don't thoroughly vacuum into the corners and along the furniture. And one day, I found a cleaner's rubber glove left on my bathroom counter - gross! Another day, the trash can was missing from my room. So, while its still a dependable Residence Inn that I will stay at again, if they don't do something about the level of effort put into cleaning, it won't be a nice option for much longer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Colorado Springs, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Generally speaking, I did not repeat the mostly positive experience that I have come to expect from staying at Residence Inns. This property is 3 or 4 storys with a lot of rooms. They have obviously outgrown their breakfast area and breakfast meal planning. The included breakfast was a real disappointment and the eating area was very crowded. The windows in the one-bedroom space allowed a lot of cold air in and the bed was not comfortable. I would recommend looking around for more comfort and value.

Room Tip: Elevator is very slow so if you like to use the stairs ask for a room closer to the two stairwells.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Yes Residence Inn by Marriot is not the newest hotel in the Denver area, and is true that in some areas shows some of the aging process of life, but who still young forever? I had been in the place about 3 times this year 2012, and honestly I like the place. Everytime I find the room clean, no complaints in all. The young front desk Monet always very polite and helpful, making check in easy.Rooms provide a cozy feeling, well appointed with a comfortable sofa /bed, a really good complete kitchen with rgular size fridge, micro, electric oven, dishwasher, dishes, towels etc. A nice dinning table divide the kitcken from the TV area, one 32 flat screen. The rooms also include a good size fireplace, if you want to light the fire specially in those snowy nights, and get some red vine if you are in the romantic mood. I stayed on a room in building 2, close to the office. I never experience any noise, no from the highway (25) that is only about 2 blocks away, no either from the A/C. The bed, queen size is very comfortable, providing a good sleep. Several stand and table lamps light the place. The bathroon combo provide more comfort, with enough hot water . They provide soap bars and shampoo/conditioner. The only con if you want, is the breakfast, what I found some sort of bland, with scrambled eggs and sausage been the main staple, others include cereal, juice, bread, still a good deal. The breakfast area is by the desk front, furnished with a plasma TV and two desk computers. They also have a van to provide transportation to and from the airport, I never had use this service. Close to the ofice is a small area to play one ring basketball game, and at least two grills and chairs to enjoy an outside cooking. I never used the pool so nothing to say.
In general the Residence Inn is a good place to stay without expending a lot, is in a good area of Englewood only about 15 minutes away to downtown Denver, about 5 to Park Meadows Mall, and 30 from the DIA airport. Colorado Springs is only 1 hour away south on I-25.
I highly recommend this location, and if you are not a perfectionist and no going around with a "royal" expectation, this place can be really good to stay, for whatever reason you are in Metro Denver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We bid on priceline.com and for $60 a night 3 stars we got this one. When we got there and throughout the stay the people working the front desk were really nice and helpful. We were traveling with at 1 year old. We asked for a crib. They are no charge but pack and plays (if that makes a difference). The kitchen was well stocked with everything you need; pans and even measuring utensils. The kitchen looked really clean. It also came with a refrigerator and freezer. The freezer still had a cold stone ice cream in it from the last user and the ice was over flowing. The cold stone didn't bother me but I could see it bothering others. The room was beautiful decorated with old pictures of Denver. I didn't think it looked dated. We went to sleep. My husband and I are used to sleeping in a king-sized bed. It was hard to sleep in the Queen. The next day we asked for a cot and the hotel has two but I guess they are going to eventually get rid of them. I also found out that the couch folds out to a bed. The next day we went swimming. The pool was a little cold but not too bad. It was an L shape. It was hard for my 1 year old to play because the only place he could touch the bottom was on the stairs. Right next to the pool was really slippery. (It wouldn't be a problem to most people only if you have small kids). There is a hot tub. It holds 8 people. It wasn't too hot but nice. The pool was nice because hardly anyone was there. They have a continental breakfast. It usually has eggs, waffles, yogurt, cereal, pastry, and sausage. It was really good. Not the best I've had but better than average for a continental breakfast. They also have a 'social hour'. This is at night during dinner. It's a light dinner. They serve wine, beer and then a dinner item. One day they had a meatball sub and the next soup and salad. It's not a big meal but if you just want something light it's perfect. They have computer for guest to use. I checked my e-mail and no problems there. Overall, great hotel stay. I would have rated the hotel 5 stars except I wish the bed was bigger.

Room Tip: We had room 104. It was near an outside patio and quiet. We didn't hear the road noise at all.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Corrales, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here July 27 through Jul 30 2012. We were in room 219, which is on the south side of the hotel. This hotel is next to the I-25 freeway with an off-ramp maybe 100' away. If you have a room on the south side, or west side, it is very noisy with freeway traffic almost 24 hours a day. Also, the air conditioning unit is strangely located in a small closet in the BEDROOM! During the summer, you need the air conditioning running all through the night. Everytime it cycles on, and runs, it will wake you up. The rooms have utilitarian furniture (couch, chair, desk and flat screen on low table stand. However the lighting next to the couch and chair could be better. The bathroom is nice and roomy as well is the closet area. The breakfast was yummy with different items each day of our 4-day stay. The front desk personnel were VERY helpful and courteous. Just across the I-25 freeway is a beautiful mall with many restaurants on the perimeter. Ikea is just a mile away too.

Room Tip: I would choose a room that is inside to courtyard and stay away from the perimeter of the hotel to a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn for a family reunion. The hotel is showing its age in the guest rooms, but the facilities were great for our gathering. Wonderful breakfast and was pleasantly surprised by the happy hour. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I was staying at this hotel briefly and noticed that they have rats the size of hamsters roaming around the grounds one was dead on the steps and if there's one then there are more. Staff not very friendly. Rooms just ok.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall? Share your experiences!