“The Best In Denver” 5 of 5 stars

Perth, Australia
“The Best In Denver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Stayed here between Christmas and left New Years Eve day 2009 as a last minute booking we were accommodated in a large king studio suite. We found the staff here to be friendly and welcoming with 2 bottles of water and two small packets of cookies on arrival. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well accommodated. I liked that there are 4 large bath towels in the bathroom as it makes sense with 2 people in a room; it makes for even sharing of the towels if needed.
All china, a complete set of everything for 4 was sanitized in the dishwasher and there is a professional note explaining this in the studio kitchenette and a note of the happy hour offerings can be found on the fridge. The large king bed was complete with a thick comforter and good quality cotton sheeting and plenty of pillows. We found the bed very cozy and we slept well, the heating system efficient and quiet. There was also additional sheeting neatly stored in the wardrobe for the sofa bed if it were needed. There were minor signs of scuff marks on the walls from suitcases but nothing that was a real issue, just usual wear and tear. The room was a good size for a studio and spotless. The usual toiletries were provided. The room was soundproofed, and there was no noise from doors being slammed.
Managers drinks of wine, beer and lemonade, and ice tea and a light meal is served Monday to Thursday and we had the pleasure of Gregory, the hosts company. Gregory is a really nice, hard working guy who provided meals way beyond the usual scope of corn chips and canned cheese, which we loath by the way. The peppered beef (not that peppered) was outstanding, and his other dishes were also very good. We don’t think he gets the appreciation from his guests that he deserves. In fact all the team from Lindsay, Gregory, Carla and Parker, Julio and others conversed with their guests in a pleasant and helpful manner. Even the cleaning carts from housekeeping were neat and tidy and well organized as was the pantry store near the reception with its neatly lined up pretty baskets holding things to purchase showed that some thought has been put in running this hotel. Grooming and deportment of all staff were of a good standard. Breakfast ranged from adequate to very good, it depended on the day and personal choice, also one day it just got completely over run and was a bit of a nightmare with thing’s running out but staff were really trying hard to catch up but didn’t quite get there.
At $75 a night plus tax including free parking it was well worth the 20 minute drive from downtown to stay here and a good deal. I would recommend this hotel as all in all it was a pleasant, and relaxing stay with plenty of restaurant choices within a mile or two if you don't want to cook yourself. Also there is a very efficient clean light rail system in Denver and a station very near to this hotel whereby you can get the hotels shuttle bus to drop you off, if you don’t want to drive into town. We spent only a small portion of our time in downtown Denver and used this hotel as a base for daily trips to other attractions in Denver; it was a very positive experience for us.
A wonderful Homewood Suites.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Gladstone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I was really pleased with the room I purchased. The bed was the most comfortable I could imagine. The kitchen and dining area was nicely appointed. They had a wine and beer service at dinner where I got a couple of Sam Adams and some salad. I stayed here on business but I must say when I travel next time I may base it around where I can stay at a Homewood. I didn't use the fitness center or pool but I did check them out they looked nice. The pool looked to be on the small size. I needed to print a boarding pass in the morning and did so for free at the business center. The center had 2 computers so I didn't have to wait.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

After staying at multiple hotels in Denver while there on business, I finally found the Homewood Suites in Englewood (just outside of Denver). This hotel is about a 25 minute drive from downtown, but is only a few minutes from Park Meadows Mall and several surrounding stores.

This hotel is excellent in so many ways!

The customer service is among the best I have experienced. I have now stayed there on multiple occasions, and the friendly staff and great service is consistent. I am greeted by name with a friendly smile, and they always accomodate my requests. They often call up to my room right after check-in to ask if I am satisfied with my room.

The room itself is awesome! I stay in a king suite which has everything I need for a short or long stay. The decor is new and everything is clean, and the room itself is very spacious. A king-sized bed, two night stands with a clock radio, and a stand with a TV sit on one end of the room. The bed is VERY COMFORTABLE with good bedding and tons of pillows. The TV can be turned to face the bed or the living area.

The other end of the room has a desk and sofa with a large ottoman. Right next to this, there is a small kitchenette with a table for two. The kitchenette has a normal-sized refrigerator, a sink, stove top, microwave, and dishwasher. The cupboards and drawers are stocked with plates, utensils, papertowels, etc.---everything you need to make a meal (the only thing missing is an oven). They have complimentary coffee and popcorn available. I get tired of eating out when away from home, so this is perfect for me!

The bathroom has plenty of room around the sink area which is separated from the toilet and shower. There are plenty of fluffy towels and washcloths and soap/shampoo/etc.

I think this hotel is used by many business travelers, some who have extended lengths of stay. The atmosphere is quiet and pleasant.

Other amenities: I have never used the pool area, but I have used the exercise room which is pretty small. There are three machines (treadmills and ellipticals) and each have an attached TV. They do have a complimentary breakfast each morning and a meal each night during the week (Monday through Thursday). I have never eaten there so I can't really comment on this. The free high-speed internet in the room is great. You also get a USA today at your door in the morning (at least during the week; I haven't stayed on the weekend.)

My only complaint is that at times, the rooms have too much air freshener. One time, I asked to switch to another room due to this; within 30 seconds a hotel worker was at my door with another key to a room just down the hall.

Overall, I will continue to stay at this hotel each time I come to Denver. It is neat, clean, quiet and has great amenities, and amazing customer service. Carla and Anna and all the other staff are wonderful! Thanks to them, I have a home away from home!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

I came to Denver to attend a conference held at Sheraton Denver Downtown but decided to stay at the Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center even though I had to drive twenty minutes every morning. It was the best decision ever. Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center is a very nice hotel with fully equipped kitchen in every suite. All of the staffs were very friendly and helpful. Although housekeeping forgot to clean our room for one day, the manager apologized to us and made sure our room was cleaned for the rest of our stay. Their breakfast and evening reception were exceptional. I stayed at other Homewood Suites before but the quality and quantity of food at this Homewood Suites outshined the others. The hotel is located in the suburban area south of Denver downtown. The suburban neighborhood is very well designed and we felt safe walking and driving around the area at night but I cannot say the same thing about the Denver downtown area. There is a large shopping mall and plenty of good restaurants near Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Denver.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I can't say enough how this hotel has exceeded my expectations. The staff here ROCKS!!! My family is here for an extended stay while we are relocating. Carla, Chef Gregory and the rest of the staff including the team working breakfast, dinner, and the front desk really make this the best experience I have ever had at a hotel. They have great synergy and take the time to get to know the guests here whether here for a few nights or an extended stay. They tend to have three different hot breakfast choices plus scrambled eggs along with a great selection of fruit and cottage cheese along with various flavors of make your own waffle and a hot cereal choice. The dinners on Monday- Thursday night with complementary beer/wine led by Chef Gregory will amaze you. I am now hooked on the Homewood Suites brand and will look for this brand in the future. The staff is like your family if you are here for an extended stay - just ask the business travellers who are often here. You'll even get to know the maintenance person and his wife - it's not like things break down often but he'll come on weekends if needed as we saw for a minor problem. This is the best hotel we have ever experienced. I hope the Hilton people give this team here a raise as they are well deserving and we are extending our stay due to the greater than expected experience.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

Beautiful, new hotel. Wonderfull staff. Very classy and in a very nice area. The food was incredible!!! The pool was nice as was the gym. The rooms were beautiful! I'm an interior designer and I have to say they were top notch!

The only negative is the laundry room has only two machines for a large extended stay hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Yorkton, SK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

We recently stayed at this hotel and absolutely loved it! The staff was great.....the meals (breakfast and supper) were awesome and the rooms were the best. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a king bed and a sofa bed in the living room...full kitchen as well. My sons loved the use of the basketball and the rental of cheap movies. I felt like we were in a resort not just a hotel! My only slight issue (not huge by any means) was that there was no hot tub. I will always look for Homewood Suites now whereever we go in the hopes they will be as good as this hotel was...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!