“Rooms and Condos for a great price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Edwards
Brewster, New York
“Rooms and Condos for a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We rented a 2 bedroom condo at The Inn at Riverwalk for my father and my husband and myself. It was not perfect but it served our needs very well at a great price. The bathrooms were fairly small as were the bedrooms but the beds were very comfy and with a full kitchen, livingroom (with fireplace) and balcony, we enjoyed our stay. The balcony overlooked the town and the mountains and the Inn was within close walking distance of all the stores and restaurants in the town. Also, we were provided with a nice breakfast each morning that included both hot and cold choices. The microwave did not work correctly and the ice maker had no bin and ice spilled all over the freezer but since we were not using those items on a regular basis it was not a problem. If you were to rent a condo here during the ski season and depended on the kitchen you may want to ask about those items. We lost power to half the unit but they sent someone up to fix it almost immediately. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I truly appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for pointing out the few small issues you encountered - we have included those items to our inspection list for arrivals, which will hopefully avoid any future snafus for our guests. I am so glad that you enjoyed our location and the comfort of our beds. We will definitely look forward to seeing you again!

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Great option close to Vail and Beaver Creek. 2 bedroom units are well equipped and have nice patios. Comfy beds and jacuzzi tubs. Outdoor pool was warm (86) and hot tub were great. Right on path that is on the river. Short walk to Freedom park which has an awesome play ground for kids and off-leash park for dogs. Breakfast was decent with eggs, bacon, waffles and such. Indoor parking and wifi were included. Highly recommend.

Stayed May 2013
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for posting your review and pointing out many of the benefits of our area - I am glad that your stay with us was great and that you enjoyed our location and amenities! Have a great spring.

Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our room was very nice and was great value for money.

Apart from the nice room , the pool was nice, and the free parking and free internet were added bonuses. Staff were friendly to me.

Like most free breakfasts, I would not call it great - it would be great if the hotel could pick it up a bit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I'm very pleased that you thought we provide a great value. We try very hard to include lots of "freebies" (such as wi-fi, breakfast, and parking), rather than nickel-and-diming our customers. Our breakfast is provided by a separate vendor, Woody's Restaurant, and I will be sure to forward your comments to them about the offering.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We truly appreciate it.

Mandan, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great place to stay. Comfortable beds. Stayed two nights. Very convenient place to stay and good places close by to shop and eat at! Staff was very friendly. No problems with our stay. Good continental breakfast with eggs, bacon , waffles, toast, yogurt, coffee , oatmeal, bagels,,, etc..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I truly appreciate your taking the time to post your review. I am so glad that you had a good stay with us. See you next time you are in the Vail Valley!

All the best,

Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I found this hotel to be very satisfactory for a few days of skiing at Vail and Beaver Creek. First, the price was very reasonable for a night's stay in Vail Valley. I booked my stay online at one of the major online travel and accommodations providers. The hotel is located a half-mile off of I-70 and is easily located. Parking was free on the street in front of the hotel and also in a back lot and generally convenient. The check-in with a friendly staffer went well, and my room was quite nice. The bed was comfortable and was covered with quality cotton sheets and blankets. The bathroom was large, comfortable, and conveniently laid out. There was ample storage in the room also. The room, which was generously sized, was trimmed in wood and had wood blinds that appealed to my sense of aesthetics. It felt comfortable, clean, and quiet. A nice flat screen TV had cable TV. The hotel has a large reading room with a fireplace. The room was equipped with sofas, soft seats, and multiple free newspapers, both local and national. I sat and read in this room several times. A complete and complimentary hot breakfast is served in Woody's, the hotel's bar. Breakfast each morning was quite good and featured real eggs, bacon, English muffins, and an assortment of fruits, cereals, waffles, juices--about all one could want. The hotel also has a heated swimming pool and hot tub, both outdoors behind the hotel, and, most importantly, in working order. The hot tub was great each day after skiing. Behind the hotel is the actual riverwalk which I did not explore. Dog lovers take note: You can bring poochie along on your stay, as this hotel is very welcoming to man's best friend (didn't bring a dog, so I don't know if they charge extra). In fact, went down for a beer at Woody's one night, and there was a patron's dog in attendance, very friendly and running around loose. Fun!

Overall, this is a very good value and a nice place to stay. Edwards, the hotel's town, has a good vibe and is about a 15-minute drive to Vail and a 10-minute drive (plus or minus) to the Beav. I'll be back to this hotel because of its prices, amenities, and its "feel." I doubt you'll go wrong staying here. Oh, and there are quite a few good places to eat very nearby the hotel, all within easy walking distance. Just go early; they roll up the streets around 9pm! Stay here and you'll save a ton of money over the places in Vail and Beaver Creek proper. This place worked really well for me, so I rate it highly!

Room Tip: I got a room on the second floor; two queen beds; noise not a factor in this town; good restaurants...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We definitely appreciate your very detailed review of our property. I am very happy that our decor, service, location and amenities all met your needs and expectations. We will see you again soon, I hope!

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

VERY average hotel, ..rooms are like a holiday inn, except with high prices, suggest you stay in EAGLE and drive an extra 7 minutes, same hotel room, less money..dont let the pic on here fool you..nothing special..asked for a late check out of noon..not much to ask, but wow, front desk said no, "sorry we are fully booked"..on a sunday night? really? that is soooo unbelievable...lame excuse..and had even dropped a 10$ tip to the front desk on check in, didnt help apparently...lame...to many other options 7 minutes away to stay here again..DONT think EAGLE is too far away, it is SO close....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I am very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request for a later checkout - while we do clearly articulate our check-in and check-out times in confirmations and upon arrival, we know that some guests need extra time and we do our best to allow for early arrivals and late check-outs when we are able. Unfortunately in your circumstance, we are currently in the height of the ski season and are accommodating many spring break reservations, and we are quite full even on weekday nights through March. We do guarantee that our rooms will be available for all arriving guests by 3:00 pm, and therefore during much of this month we need to stick with our regular check-out times to allow for cleaning and inspection of rooms for the new arrivals. While Eagle may offer some other affordable options for travelers, I do want to note that Eagle is 17 miles west of our location, (or about a 20 minute drive), so a trip to the mountain for skiers will take quite a bit longer than it would from our location. Thank you for taking the time to comment - we appreciate all feedback from our guests.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

In the Vail and Beaver Creek area reasonable hotels are difficult to find. Well my brother did a great job, this place has it all! My three siblings and I spent 2 wonderful nights here. The room, the area and the nice perks were great. We spent 2 days enjoying Vail and 2 wonderful nights here. After a long day on the slopes the hot tub was very relaxing and hot. The beds were very comfortable and the free breakfast was enjoyed by all. I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am extremely pleased that you and your siblings chose our property to visit, and that you found it to have everything you needed for your vacation. I hope we have a chance to see you on your next visit to the area.

Best regards,

Kim Newbury

Been to Inn and Suites at Riverwalk? Share your experiences!