Many problems, not managed well, not 5 star service.
I would seriously avoid this place for the time being, we stayed from Feb 17-20, with many problems. Staffing is inadequate although nice enough. When you pay greater than $300-700 per night per room, you expect 5 star type service without problems such as, a rude breakfast staff, they are overworked, but thats not our fault. The Shuttle to Beaver Creek was 30-60 minutes late many times, causing loss of ski time. The Concierge is not knowledgable and couldn't even tell us how to drive to Beaver Creek. Complete disorganization with, I would say, 1-2 star type service at best.
I sympathize with the staff, they are very nice people, but when you pay 5 star rates, then there should be no excuses, otherwise we'll stay at La quinta Inn and get the same service problems for $50 bucks a nite.
They need to get their act together and I also thing American Express should take them off the Fine Hotels and Properties List for now until they prove better organization and service.
Stay at the Ritz or Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek, more expensive, but you get what you pay for, this place should be charging 100-150 per night for the type of service it provides.
Hope this helps
- Also Known As:
- Lodge And Spa At Cordillera Hotel Edwards
- Lodge And Spa At Cordillera Hotel
- Hotel At Cordillera
- At Cordillera Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge & Spa at Cordillera is one of the most luxurious retreats in the world. Perched on a mountaintop overlooking the magnificent Valley and Sawatch Mountain Range, the lodge offers views like no other hotel in the Vail Valley. With 56 beautiful guest rooms from 450 to 700 square feet and 5,000 square feet of indoor & outdoor function space, the lodge offers an exceptional experience. With a world class spa, guests can enjoy first class treatments in 10 remodeled treatment rooms, a full fitness facility, personal training, a nail salon, and indoor and outdoor pools and saunas opened year round for all to enjoy. The lodge has two outstanding restaurants, a casual yet fine dining experience at Restaurant Mirador, and the only Irish Pub in all of the Vail Valley, The Grouse on the Green. In the winter months, guests can enjoy the Rocky Mountains best skiing at neighboring Beaver Creek or Vail Mountains. Guests of the lodge have exclusive access to our Mountain Club at Beaver Creek located on the Strawberry Park Ski lift, with heated boot storage, private lockers, food, refreshments, and a ski concierge to assist with your requests. In the summer, guests come from around the world to play Cordillera’s four signature golf courses. Visitors can also enjoy the outdoors by hiking and biking Cordillera trails, mountain biking, fly-fishing in Cordillera’s private waters, horseback riding, swimming, tennis, and bird watching. Whitewater rafting, Jeep and Hummer tours, ATV tours, and hot-air ballooning are available nearby. Although Cordillera has enough to keep you busy from sunrise to sunset, the lodge is just minutes away from the mountain towns of Edwards, Beaver Creek and Vail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Fareportal , Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Lodge & Spa at Cordillera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.