You should know, that:
1) This hotel is located 20 min from Vail and about 10 min from Beaver Creek. It does have shuttle to both resorts.
2) There are Cordillera lodges right by the lifts both in Vail and Beaver Creek, so if you need to warm you need to warm up and take a break from skiing- those lounges are very convenient. Beaver Creek one is free of charge, and Vail costs 40$ for 2 ppl.
3) Pools are clean and the view of mountains from the pool is great.
4)Friday-Saturday night kids can enjoy smores by the firepit.
5) Hotel staff is young dynamic and friendly,
Good to know before you go:
- the hotel has remote location on the top of the mountain and although they do charge resort fee, no entertainment for guests is provided, so if you are an active person you might want to think in advance how to keep yourself busy.
-book your shuttle in advance.
-restaurant didn't impress me. but it's not overpriced as I would think since it's the only dining option.
-no sauna (so good to have one when you come back from the slopes!)
- walls are reaaly thin and you can hear people wispering.
Overall - it's a nice hotel and staff is trying hard to make you feel like home. Than area is very expensive and for the rate i got it was a really good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge & Spa at Cordillera is one of the most luxurious retreats in the world. Perched on a mountaintop overlooking the magnificent Valley and Sawatch Mountain Range, the lodge offers views like no other hotel in the Vail Valley. With 56 beautiful guest rooms from 450 to 700 square feet and 5,000 square feet of indoor & outdoor function space, the lodge offers an exceptional experience. With a world class spa, guests can enjoy first class treatments in 10 remodeled treatment rooms, a full fitness facility, personal training, a nail salon, and indoor and outdoor pools and saunas opened year round for all to enjoy. The lodge has two outstanding restaurants, a casual yet fine dining experience at Restaurant Mirador, and the only Irish Pub in all of the Vail Valley, The Grouse on the Green. In the winter months, guests can enjoy the Rocky Mountains best skiing at neighboring Beaver Creek or Vail Mountains. Guests of the lodge have exclusive access to our Mountain Club at Beaver Creek located on the Strawberry Park Ski lift, with heated boot storage, private lockers, food, refreshments, and a ski concierge to assist with your requests. In the summer, guests come from around the world to play Cordillera’s four signature golf courses. Visitors can also enjoy the outdoors by hiking and biking Cordillera trails, mountain biking, fly-fishing in Cordillera’s private waters, horseback riding, swimming, tennis, and bird watching. Whitewater rafting, Jeep and Hummer tours, ATV tours, and hot-air ballooning are available nearby. Although Cordillera has enough to keep you busy from sunrise to sunset, the lodge is just minutes away from the mountain towns of Edwards, Beaver Creek and Vail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Lodge & Spa at Cordillera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge And Spa At Cordillera Hotel Edwards
- Hotel At Cordillera
- At Cordillera Hotel