“Overrated” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Juniper Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Edwards
Dining style: Fine Dining
Beaver Creek, Colorado
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Could not believe we didn't have a good experience at Juniper-one of our go to faves.
Our wait person needed additional training-for sure. Reached across me several times to pour water or wine with no notice, excuse my reach, etc.
Could have lived with that, but my steak (rib eye, most expensive thing on the menu @ $42) was not tender-it tasted great, but my son's pork chop was far more tender. I reported this to our server but nothing was done.
It was my husband's birthday and I let her know that I had forgotten to mention that. she replied that they don't do anything for birthdays but she would put a candle on any dessert we ordered-guess she didn't think maybe that would have helped with the not tender steak issue.
Nor did she realize, we probably would have had two more glasses of wine or maybe coffee to enjoy with our dessert.
I spoke with the manager when we left about the steak and the service. He let me know I should have ordered the Filet Mignon (@$36) and that I should have called him over. I suggested that perhaps his wait staff should be trained to let him know if a customer is unhappy. Perhaps when I noticed that he was poorly dressed-wrinkled shirt and pants-no jacket-I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for any restitution-comp something on our next visit.
Additionally, since there were three of us, we were relegated to a "high top" or corner table in an almost empty restaurant. The hostess was quite certain that those were our only two choices. I realized when we left and most of the tables were still unoccupied, that they were saving those tables in case parties of 4 came in-on a Sunday night??????
At any rate, this was disappointing performance from Juniper and I doubt we'll be back, which is too bad for both them and us.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Gypsum, Colorado
“Consistant good food with rotating menu.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have been to Juniper a dozen times over the years and never had an average meal. As with most Vail Valley restaurants it isn't cheap but it is moderately priced and no one should leave unsatisfied.

Visited September 2012
Eagle, Colorado
“Our go to restaurant for celebrations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

As a local, this is where we go if we want to "eat out fancy". This restaurant, though expensive, has a cozy but sophisticated atmosphere, friendly service and good food. They seemed to have a period for a couple of years where they weren't on their game but the last time we went, things were back up to parr. Reservations are a must during ski season (Thanksgiving until mid April). I was disappointed they took the balsamic ribeye off the menu as it was the best steak I have ever had. If you are in a dessert mood, try Charles' Sticky Toffee Pudding...yum.

Visited August 2012
Berkeley, California
“Very Good, but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

3 years ago when we were last in Edward's, we discovered Juniper and couldn't wait to come back. This time around, it seemed like the same menu. It was all very good, but it had a tiny bit of the feel of "going through the motions." A bit pricey for my taste - $8.50 for sparkling water etc.

Visited October 2012
Orange County, California
“Off Season Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Had a wonderful dinner there in mid Oct. at 50% off the menu price. The best pork chop I've ever had. The rest of the dinners at our table were just as good. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012