“Maybe it was an abnormal night, but this was not the chill dinner we were hoping for!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gashouse

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Edwards, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

The place is alright, but I will never go there again...

The food is pretty good although its SO PRICY that I didn't think it was worth it. Its seems to me to be a cheap steak place that is trying to bank on the cost of things in this valley.

The service was lacking and we were there on a busy (NOISY) night so maybe that's why it was hard to get any service...but it may be that that is how they always work also. We were unfortunately seated near the restrooms also so there were kids from a soccer team running and yelling in circles around us in and out and in and out of the bathroom. I generally LOVE kids and after 1 glass of wine the words "kids suck" slipped out of my mouth... it was THAT BAD! So the atmosphere was junk.

Don't get me wrong, we weren't expecting a 5 Star meal, but one where we can at least hear each other would have been nice. The service, atmosphere, and even the food felt a few steps worse than an applebees, at the price of eating right outside of the gates of heaven...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Castle Rock, Colorado
“Misleading Advertising”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We went to the Gashouse based on ads we saw on-line and in a publication. They advertised 30% off all entrees and 50% happy hour appetizers during certain times. When we received our bill, they didn't discount anything and we had to remind them that we even called ahead to confirm both discounts. The manager told us that we would have to tell the waiter we wanted the discount and that we would have to sit in a certain area to get the full discount. The manager finally gave us the 30% off (reluctantly) our entrees, but would not discount our drinks or appetizers. It was very disappointing and we felt they didn't take any responsibility for their advertising (and the phone conversation). We aren't going back. Oh, the food - it was okay, but there is much better across the street!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
tuscaloosa, al
“disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

The service was really good but the food had no flavor. The steak was just beef with no taste and my husband tried the combo plate with the elk and he was not impressed. It was overpriced and the worse meal we had while in Avon.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Really good "local" restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

After reading the reviews of Th Gashouse we had crossed it off of our list. When we asked one of the staff at our hotel where to eat she said she always takes out of town guests and family there so we gave it a try. The first time we went my husband had the Wild Game Grill and I had the Trout (we also had the crabcake appetizer). Everything was wonderful!! It was one of the best crabcakes I had ever eaten - lots of crab and not so much breading. It was so good we had to go back the next night for more of the wild game. We lucked out the second night and it was happy hour. Appetizers and drinks were reduced so we got to try even more yummy food ($2.50 margaritas). We recommend eating on the patio (unless it happy hour when you need to sit at the bar), the buffalo appetizer, the crabcakes, the elk, the venison and the quail.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The absolutely worst meal I have ever tried to eat!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

On a vacation in July 2010, we stayed at the Westin Villas in Avon. The concierge at the hotel suggested the Gas House in Edwards, which is maybe 5 miles away from Avon. I knew we were in trouble when they tried to jam six people into a table for four. I ordered the elk tenderloin. Being from the midwest, i wanted a flavor of Colorado. It was by far the worst piece of something mascading as meat I have ever tasted. The plate arrived with the absolutely saddest, limpest mixed vegetables I have ever seen. I love broccoli and I now it should be a nice green color when cooked. This was yellow. It was bitter and I ate one bite. The sauce or glace used on the elk was horrible. The only way I could stomach it is by pouring the bbq sauce from my wife's bbq ribs. I ate maybe three small bites and asked my friend, a very well travelled person to sample a piece. He told me it was terrible. When the waiter finally came by, smelling of cigarette smoke, he never inquired as to my uneaten meal. He just took it suggested dessert which was equally bad.
Honestly, I have no idea how anyone can possibly write that this WAY overpriced and just poor resturant is worth spending any money at. Stay away is my opinion.

• 1 of 5 stars Food