“Excellent friendly service, very good food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Allen, Texas
“Excellent friendly service, very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a hidden gem. Very welcoming. Excellent service.
It was crawfish boil time and it did not disappoint. Very flavorful crawfish with the normal accompaniments of potato, corn and sausage. They start you out with gumbo and soup samples, very nice!!! Fried Catfish is outstanding!!! Crispy, moist, delicious.
Great beers on tap. Fair prices. We will be back!

Visited February 2013
Diane B, Manager at The Lost Cajun - Edwards, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your great review! We love Crawfish season and are so glad you enjoyed our crawfish! Please come back and see us soon!

78% Recommend
Beaver Creek, Colorado
“Not bad, but pricey for what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I begged my wife to let me try this restaurant in Edwards, because I am from the south and miss quality Cajun food. We ordered sausage-chicken gumbo and crawfish etouffee, to go. Both were served in styrofoam, with tiny included sides of potato salad and cole slaw. It was a perfectly fine meal for lunch, and the food was hearty and spicy, but it cost $25!! Waay too expensive for lunch, considering that the place looks like a streamlined working class joint with plastic laminated menus. The Lost Cajun has a split personality, with fine dining prices and fast-food look and feel. And the decor is a little on the nose. It looks like a caricature of New Orleans at Mardis Gras; I would be embarrassed to bring my New Orleans family here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“cute find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

upon or first day of arrival/ we were searching for a place to eat and found this place. it was a Saturday and they had crawfish until they were all gone. We ordered a pound and my kids loved them, They also start you off with a sample plate of their soups and read beans and rice.. Our server was very nice and the owner came out to greet us. This location has only been open for a few month but, I am sure they will do well.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cedaredge, Colorado
“Real Cajun food in the Rockies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Came to The Lost Cajun for the first time, the excellent waiter brought us a sampler of all their soups which was a great start. We decided on okra and hush puppies as our appetizer and the waiter let us know they had amazing étouffée pies, and yes they were amazing! The servings are very large so after all of this we decided to share a fried seafood platter, the catfish was some of the best I've ever had, the fried oysters were delicate tasty with just the right amount of breading, and the shrimp were just as pleasing. We couldn't skip out on dessert so the beignet bites was our finish very delicious. I highly recommend The Lost Cajun, the service was excellent the food was excellent as was the price!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Diane B, Manager at The Lost Cajun - Edwards, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the excellent review!! Glad to hear you had a great experience. Please come back and dine with us again soon!
Vail, Colorado, United States
“Good cajun, but way too expensive for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went there for lunch the other day with my friend and we paid about $20 each with tip and tax for lunch. That is WAY too much money for lunch. I think the idea is that something like a fried shrimp po boy is enough to eat by itself, but it isnt. You will also need a cup of gumbo to make you full. Hence the expenseive meal. Again, the flavors were very good (although maybe a bit oversalted), but just too expensive. I also wish the gumbo listed as "the spiciest" was actually very spicy. I wish them goodluck, but fear they wont make it.

• Visited December 2012