“Tasty and filling” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 49 Restaurants in Edwards
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Open for breakfast and lunch.
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Tasty and filling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The menus was very good. We only did breakfast but the menus for the rest of the day was very good. All in our party(4) enjoyed their meals.

Visited August 2014

Edwards, Colorado
“Consistently the slowest service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I am a local in Edwards and every time I have tried to eat breakfast at Café 163 I have experienced horrible slow service. Not just once, but the last 4 times I've been there. It's consistent and I am done trying to give them a chance. There are plenty of other breakfast spots in Edwards and Avon that have decent service. This last time I went, I waited for 15 minutes for a waitress to come by, I then waited for 20 minutes for my mimosa, another 15 minutes just to take our order and another 50 minutes to get our food! Not to mention another 15 minutes to get the check. The food is not good enough to wait that long. I won't ever be going back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Centennial, Colorado
“Not a Coffeeshop, Not a Diner, Not Fancy, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Cafe 163 is a bit difficult to describe. It has great coffee/lattes etc. It has great breakfasts and lunches. Soups, sandwiches, eggs, chili etc. And they are all really good! Cafe 163 is well worth the stop in you are in Edwards, Avon or Vail.
Good food, good service, good value!

Visited March 2014
Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
“DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR BREAKFAST APPETITE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We are new to the Edwards area and decided to have breakfast here, since it seemed to get decent reviews. Well, our experience was not even worthy of 1 star, but as you all know, you must give at least 1 star. We were told to sit anywhere since it was not busy (there were maybe 4 tables occupied) The service was HORRIBLE. After being seated for a good 5 minutes without anyone coming to our table (and remember its not busy) I got up and got my own menu. Food took about 20 minutes to come out and my 'over medium' eggs had runny egg whites!!! I sent them back and by the time they came back, my husband was done his breakfast. It was very obvious that the service was horrible and it honestly seemed as if the younger darker haired 'wait staff woman' just didn't care. Horrible Horrible.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Avon, Colorado
“Poor Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have frequented this restaurant in the years since it has opened and mostly have had great experiences. However, the past 3 times I have been there have been poor experiences and when I had lunch at Cafe 163 today, I was extremely disappointed. The service was unprofessional and inconsistent - in the first 3 minutes I had been sitting down, 3 -different- servers asked if I was ready to order; I wasn't asked again for about 10 minutes. It seemed strange to me that the servers are not assigned tables. One entree came out 10 minutes before the other one. Overall, the bussing, the service, and the timing was unfavorable and although the food was good as always and the atmosphere is aesthetically pleasing, it will most likely be a few months before I decide to return to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013