“Nice large rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Eagle
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice large rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed right before 4th of July so rates were roughly $50/night more than a few weeks ago. Overall the room was great and very spacious. Kitchen included a fridge, dishwasher and microwave, hot plate for cooking and plates, cups, and cutlery. The balcony was great to sit on while the neighbor wasn't smoking. The lodge has hot tubs and swimming pools but we did not use these - though, the hot tubs certainly smelled exceedingly strong of chlorine for my liking. The only thing missing would have been breakfast. Although there seemed to be a few cons, the pros certainly outweighed them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

First of all, the room was huge - 2 beds, a cushy recliner, microwave and refrigerator, and even a little kitchenette area, though you'd have to bring your own plates, utensils, etc. and there was no stove. The room was very clean and the furniture was in good repair with the most comfortable pillow-top mattresses that we had on the entire trip.
When I first arrived, they had fresh lemonade and warm chocolate chip cookies at the front desk - a sure way to my heart! In our room there was a little bag with samples of antiperspirant, Advil, and a few other products. Of course, I loved the fact that it was a pet-friendly lodging ($15 pet fee/night).
The breakfast consisted of a full hot buffet. The only downside was that there were numerous signs telling guests not to take any food out of the breakfast area. I suppose some people might take extra food for later in the day (which could get pretty expensive for the lodge), but for people traveling with pets, what are we supposed to do? We can't (and wouldn't) leave our dog alone in our room while we went to breakfast, so it meant that we each had to go individually to the breakfast area and sit alone until we finished eating our food.
Other than that, it was a great place to stay and I would go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Amy Y, General Manager at Eagle Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and had a great stay. I do apologize that you were unable to bring breakfast back into your room. We do make exceptions for situations like that. We also provide an outdoor patio with additional seating. I am so sorry that the front desk didn’t relay that message to you. I will be sure that they are properly trained on how to handle situations like this. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here due to the ease to bring out dogs, and the large suite. Upon arrival, the door to the upstairs suite was locked, and would lock every time the door was pulled shut. We were traveling with 3 toddlers, so this definitely wasn't an option. They offered a gate after much complaining. The carpet was really old and outdated, with holes, the bedspreads were very old, and thin, and lastly the beds were so old and hard, I could feel springs poking out. No bedskirts, or any small details. Tons of scuffs,and and a lot of small details were missing. This hotel is just really outdated. Oh, my biggest complaint of all, is the upper level of our suite wasn't air conditioned - so imagine a upper attic with NO vent or cooing system. Awful. You can't even open the window more than 4 inches. If they took care of the upstairs vent system (a/c), and updated this place, it wouldn't be so bad. The breakfast, and pool were fine, that was it though.

Room Tip: Chose a lower level non suite room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amy Y, General Manager at Eagle Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed. We are starting a complete renovation on the hotel in a couple weeks and everything you mentioned (beds, blankets, carpet, furniture and much more) will be replaced. We have already started installing AC units in the upstairs of our family suites so I do apologize that you were placed in a room that didn’t have one installed already.

I would like to obtain additional information from you, at your convenience so that I may effectively address the concerns that you raised about the door staying locked. If I could please get the room number that you were staying in so I can have my maintenance staff fix the lock so this problem doesn’t happen to another guest. I can be reached at 970-328-6316. I look forward to speaking with you. I am terribly sorry once again for the impression we have left you with. We truly hope that you will give us another chance in the near future. We do take great pride in our property and the service we provide our guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff was so nice and wonderful! Matt one of the front desk people was so nice and helpful. The breakfast was more then I expected! I would come back most definitely! Amber S.

• Stayed June 2013
Amy Y, General Manager at Eagle Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Amber,

Thank you so much for you thoughtful words about our staff. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

this was the second time i have stayed here in the past 2 months (slow learner). the rooms are big, cavernous, sparse. beds are comfortable, bathrooms clean and efficient. but that's. for over $100/night i would expect something more. breakfast was the same old cereal, bacon, muffins, sweet rolls and more calories than you should consume in a week. the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Amy Y, General Manager at Eagle Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience at out hotel. We certainly value your feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with our team. I do agree that our rooms are big and that is why we do have a leather reclining chair and seating for 2 in our deluxe rooms. Our hotel does offer more amenities than any other hotel in the area; 50 foot indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, eucalyptus steam room, dry sauna, fully equipped weight room and cardio room. I hope that you had a change to utilize these extra amenities we offer to our guests. Our rates are very comparable if not cheaper than some of the other hotels in Eagle, so I am very sorry that didn’t think it was a good value. We do serve healthy and hearty options for breakfast; hard boiled and scrambled eggs, whole grain bread, low fat cereal, yogurt, oatmeal and 3 different types of fresh fruit are most of our healthy options. We appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel again, and we hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were in town visiting family for 3 nights. The Eagle Lodge and Suites is a great place to stay. The front desk staff were sooooo friendly, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was AWESOME! They even had a steam room and dry sauna to go along with their HUGE indoor swimming pool and hottub! I've stayed in hotels all over the world and I can say that this hotel right at the top of my list for great places to stay. I even had a gift waiting for me in my room when I checked in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Amy Y, General Manager at Eagle Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review on your experience with us. I will certainly pass along your comments on how wonderful you thought our staff was. We take great pride in the service we provide our guests so it's always nice to be recognized for it. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The first room they gave us when we checked in smelled of urine so bad we had to ask for another room. It was very noisy. Doors slamming and you can hear people walking above you and next to you. Definitely worth 30 bucks a night but not worth a hundred bucks a night. Reminds me of a super 8.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience upon checking into your first room. You were checked into a pet friendly room due to the dog you had brought along for your stay. It seems that the carpets were still damp from the steam cleaning that was done after the last pet checked out of that room. We do apologize; the carpets should have been checked to be sure they were dry before you checked in. I will personally discuss this issue with my staff to be sure this does not happen to another guest.
We are deeply concerned by your review. During your extended four night stay, our front desk staff and myself inquired on how your stay was going; you always had positive and great responses. When I spoke with you at check-out you expressed your issues, but I thought that we had gotten them resolved. If there is anything more that I can do for you please give me a call. Our team prides ourselves on providing exceptional value and we apologize that we did not live up to the standards that one would expect from us. Again, thank you for your extended stay and we welcome you back the next time your travel brings you to Eagle.

Been to Eagle Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!