“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Eagle
Denver, Colorado
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Traveling in a family of 6, it is often hard to find a hotel that will fit us all without requiring two separate rooms. The family suite here was perfect for us. The room was clean and very spacious. The pool and spa area were well maintained. The beds were very comfortable. And the staff was super-friendly and helpful, even suggesting a restaurant for us that turned out to be great! The included continental breakfast was yummy, and had something for everyone.

The only down sides for us were noise (you can hear what's going on out in the hallway), and the upstairs didn't have a separate A/C unit, but we were quite comfortable anyway.

Overall, we were very happy, and will definitely stay here the next time we come to Eagle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Amy Y, General Manager at Eagle Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It is wonderful to read your comments and we will be sure to share them with our team.
I am pleased to inform you that we will be installing separate A/C units on the top floor of our family suites before the summer. We look forward to seeing you again here soon!

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stay at hotels in the mountains almost every weekend in order to go skiing. Of all the hotels we've stayed at, we like it here best! The price is right, the rooms are very clean, the pool and hot tub are very nice, and the breakfast is hot! Compared to the hotels we have stayed at in Dillon, Silverthorne and Georgetown, this is the best!

Room Tip: Stay in the main building, that's where the pool/hot tub, workout and breakfast are.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kim B,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I’m so glad that you were able to fully enjoy all of the Hotel’s amenities. We look forward to seeing you again here soon!
Colorado Springs, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The people in the room above us were up walking around all night, and in this place the ceiling, their floor, resonates sound like a stage. So it sounded like elephants were running through our room all night. We asked the front desk to see if they could keep it down when it was still very noisy after midnight. The lady at the desk laughed at us. We asked again at 2 when people started yelling in there. Again they laughed like it was cute. At 4, after no sleep all night, we finally went up to the front desk and asked could they please ask the people above us to keep it down. We left at 6, and the lady at the front desk wasn't even apologetic. It was horrible. They never even asked them to keep it down, which is pretty standard after midnight at any hotel.

Room Tip: Get upstairs. If we'd had an upstairs room it would have been much better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy Y, General Manager at Eagle Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your review and recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for all the noise and the lack of sleep you experienced. Our ongoing efforts to provide outstanding experiences for all our guests has proven to be an impressive element to our hotel, which is why your comments are deeply concerning. This incident will be investigated and brought up to my entire staff and will be included in future training sessions.
Again, we apologize for any distress and inconveniences this has caused you! We would like to invite you to stay with us again at a discounted rate so we can prove that the noise you described was not in the norm of our hotel. Please give me a call as I would like to make this right for you. Thank you!
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Went above and beyond for the hunters when they left at 4am to go hunting. Made breakfast available to them earlier so they could eat before leaving at4am. Also the whirlpool/tub tub was excellent after a long hike.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your nice review and recent stay at the Eagle Lodge & Suites. We are pleased to hear that our staff was so accommodating. We look forward to seeing you again next hunting season.
Greeley, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This place was very accommodating. They were extremely friendly and considerate. We stayed here for a weekend hockey tournament. The times of the tournament were outrageously early. The staff at the hotel helped out by getting milk and cereal available for the boys to eat since we needed to be gone before breakfast actually begin. That was only one example of how accommodating they were.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. They have a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The environmental services staff was friendly and did an excellent job at keeping the rooms clean. The bottom floor was a bit noisy due to people on the top level, however I think you get that at any hotel with multi-levels.

Eagle is a great little town. It is much more affordable than Vail, if you are traveling through there, and not far away. There are great little country restaurants, a diner, and a coffee shop right in Eagle. The hotel is very helpful in referring customers to where they would like to go.

We will be heading back to stay there again. Dog friendly place! Great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor may be a little quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words about my entire staff. We all look forward to see you and your team again!
Payson, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here before and again for a week in November 2012, its a great place to stay for a large group. They have rooms with up to 6 beds, which makes it great for hunting partys. The breakfast we did not get to sample this year since we were ususally gone by 5 am. The only con I could find and I noticed it the years before was the squeaky/creaky floors, in the hall way or the rooms they did it. It was not really bad just the hotel showing a few years of age. But I will stay here again just because of the room layouts, they are great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We look forward to seeing you again next hunting season.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

So we started off with a late check-in since we were going to a concert in Vail and then traveling to Eagle afterwards. We got to the hotel a bit before midnight. The room is acceptable and similar with any room you would expect for a 2 day skiing trip if you just need somewhere to crash for the night. Clean and it smelled good. That is where I end the compliments.

As soon as we walk in the room it is pretty chilly since its fairly cold out. There is a heater that extends to the wall with settings for hi or lo heat and similar for air conditioning. Since the room was so cold, I decided to crank up the heat to high and head to bed. In about 2 hours we wake up thinking we are in hell sweating so it was obviously time to start the A/C. Again, not the hotel's fault. Slightly. The heat settings are not optimal and it wasn't like there was a mod setting that we could have went with. Hi heat or low heat. Choose.

So the nights sleep was not optimal. Then we are awakened EARLY in the morning by the folks above us who obviously have multiple kids who are doing sprints across the room, all started by jumping off the bed first. I would say it was before or around 6 am. We are tired and try to suck it up at first. After we couldn't take it any more we decided to call the front desk to complain. We waited. No change. Mind you we don't have kids but there is a level of respect that people who do have kids should be mindful and maybe get a bottom floor or maybe just be considerate that there might be someone in the room below and take your kids outside to play? Remember that line "go outside if you want to play, not inside" or this one "use your inside voices". I could go on all day. Heaven forbid that we try to sleep in to a modest 8 am.

We call the front desk to complain again. Fast forward to NO CHANGE. It's almost as if we called and asked for the room above us to have more kids jumping off the bed while screaming with joy as they run back and forth in the room. It honestly sounded like a gymnasium with kids who were having the time of their lives and no adults in sight. Third time we call the front desk we say that we will be requesting a refund for the room. All the sudden the noise dampens.

After going to check out at about 10 am from the front desk gal, we learn that she actually walked up to the room that time to talk with the parents and it turns out there were three kids in the room. They apologized but said there was nothing they could do. Awesome.

They indicated they could only give us 15% off the room charge and there was NO MANAGER on duty to speak with. She gave me the name and phone number of the manager to call to complain.

Little did the little front desk person know is that I fully expected to call and complain. We were on our way to Vail to have brunch with friends so I called on the ride down hill. When I ask for the manager's extension, the front desk gal pauses as if to say "$*#!" [insert four letter word]. She then proceed's to transfer me to the manager that she just told me is not on duty today. I then speak with the manager who I also told our issues to and told her that I was equally surprised that she was in the office today since the front desk gal said there was no manager in the office. Lies. No explanation was given as to why she was miraculously in the office that day. That really pissed me off.

There solution is to offer 50% off our "next" stay and to maybe get a reservation in the "quieter" wing of the hotel. REALLY? How is that service? And I am not in hospitality but shouldn't there be some recourse that the hotel can do to ensure that ALL of their guests have an enjoyable experience, not just the one's with kids. And with no real resolution or correction done with the other family why in the world would I want to go back???? Never again.

I could totally get over the heat/cold issue. But to be lied to and then offered another stay to swing it again in a "quieter" room is unacceptable. Half off my current stay would have been a start.

Room Tip: Your guess is as good as mine. Good luck.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy Y, General Manager at Eagle Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We are disappointed to hear that you were not comfortable during your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenient disturbance while you were trying to sleep, though we do appreciate your patience while our team members investigated the noise from above. I completely understand how frustrating it is when you stay at a hotel and there are children running and jumping in the room above you at an early hour. I do know that the front desk agent on duty called numerous times to complain. The family did apologize and said they were getting ready to head to the swimming pool. So I am truly sorry for noise! Unfortunately I was not in the office that morning. My front desk agent did call me and she did make me aware of the issue. Luckily she was able to connect me to you from home. I was able to issue you a 15% discount plus the 50% coupon for your next stay plus a free upgrade to a top floor suite. When we spoke on the phone you did seem satisfied with the recourse, so I am a bit surprised by the review. If there is something else that I can do further please give me a call. We invite you to stay with us again so we can prove to you that what you experienced is not the norm.

Been to Eagle Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!