“Room stay” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 30 hotels in Durango
“Room stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had such an awesome stay. The staff was great, they totally accomodated my room because I was on crutches. My room was on the first floor, and next to service desk in case I needed anything. They even called my room to make sure that everything was fine.

Wendy Hollenback

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. We are so pleased to hear that our staff was accommodating and helpful to your needs. It is with great pleasure that we serve all our guests to the best of our ability and we thank you for taking the time to let us know we did a good job.
We look forward to your next stay, hopefully under better circumstances.

407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My son goes to Fort Lewis College in Durango, so I end up there from home in Baltimore several times a year. I'm a Choice Privileges member so I tend to check out their properties first. I stay at the Durango Comfort Inn every chance I get. The rooms are good sized, free parking, decent rates and they were exceptionally good this January 2014. I was there for 8 days and every little thing was taken care of promptly. There is a new management team on site and they are out to be the best. I believe they are going to be well noticed by the chain and I recommend this property to all.

Room Tip: I like the first floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased that you are a frequent guest and that our consistent service and accommodations keep you coming back!
We are under new management and promise to continue to strive to be as great as you have come to expect. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Arlington Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I really loved this hotel. The breakfast was typical but with extras and the lady that fixed breakfast was always chipper and made sure eveything was clean and stocked. The beds are super comfy with down comforters and extra pillows. This hotel was super clean, super friendly and every single person was really helpful. I had ask for a great place to take some pics and the front desk lady admitted she had only been there for 3 weeks but by the time I loaded my bags and turned in my key she had some suggestions that turned out great for me. The walls are a little thin so if you have loud neighbors....for me kids, you can hear them. However I really liked this hotel and will return again.

Room Tip: I might ask to have a room that is not next to one with a baby.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent comments on your stay with us.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything from our friendly staff to our super clean rooms. We strive to be the best and it is very rewarding when our guests tell us we have succeeded. Thank you for your compliments and I will be sure to share your satisfaction with all our staff.
We are glad you will stay with us again and look forward to continually providing you with outstanding service and accommodations.
Best regards,
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've been living in hotels for the last six weeks. Half of them were below par but Comfort Inn in Durango had clean rooms, big rooms!, and modern amenities. I was very happy with the price for what you get. I stayed at several hotels in Durango and to be honest this hotel delivered more for the dollar than any of them. Staff was professional and courteous. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't know what rooms were better. I was on the main highway and it was very quite at night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that your stay with us was so enjoyable. Our professional and courteous staff take great pride in making everyone's stay the best it can possibly be and your kind compliments are encouragement to them that they are doing a good job.
We hope that you will stay with us again soon and allow us to continue to provide you with the great service you experienced the first time.
Mosca, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were very disappointed a second year staying at this hotel because of the indoor pool being closed for "chemical issues". Last year in March we stayed here and were told the pool was closed because of chemical problems. Otherwise the staff was very nice and the property was clean, so we booked again this year for a December stay. When we arrived, there was a sign at the front desk, which was not simply a temporary type sign, saying the pool was closed until further notice. The clerk said the problem was due to chemicals. We had specifically booked a hotel with an indoor pool and would have stayed elsewhere had we been advised prior to our stay. Later in the evening, we encountered workers staining the deck of the pool (and the odor was tremendous). Very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your disappointment. We try very hard to do upgrades and repairs to the property as quickly as possible to avoid disappointment by our guests. Being open 365 days a year, I'm sure you can understand that these things do have to be done sometime. It is very unfortunate that both times you visited you had to encounter work being done on our pool area.
We did recently put in new cement and plaster finish on our pool and we did need to have it out of service to allow time for the work and then time for the chemicals to be brought back to the proper levels before opening it to our guests.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience to you and your family.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, so that we can offer you a better stay next time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Room was very clean. My only complaint is the strong smell of paint initially but everything is nice looking. Beds were ok. Not the most comfortable but better then most. Very friendly staff and a beautiful view of some mountains out our window. Clean... good breakfast bar too

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay.
We try very hard to make everyone's stay enjoyable. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the slight paint smell, but hope that the resulting improvements make up for it.
Our friendly, courteous staff look forward to serving you again on your next stay in beautiful Durango!
Comfort Inn & Suites
Montrose, Colorado, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Good place to stay for the price. Nice overall style, new soft beds, nice indoor pool. Staff could be more friendly and housekeeping could be a tad bit better but overall, good place to stay for family fun.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback on areas we need to improve on.
We will strive to make your next visit even better.
Comfort Inn & Suites Staff

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado? Share your experiences!