“Everyone here greets you with a smile!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 30 hotels in Durango
Arlington Texas
“Everyone here greets you with a smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I really loved this hotel. The breakfast was typical but with extras and the lady that fixed breakfast was always chipper and made sure eveything was clean and stocked. The beds are super comfy with down comforters and extra pillows. This hotel was super clean, super friendly and every single person was really helpful. I had ask for a great place to take some pics and the front desk lady admitted she had only been there for 3 weeks but by the time I loaded my bags and turned in my key she had some suggestions that turned out great for me. The walls are a little thin so if you have loud neighbors....for me kids, you can hear them. However I really liked this hotel and will return again.

Room Tip: I might ask to have a room that is not next to one with a baby.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent comments on your stay with us.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything from our friendly staff to our super clean rooms. We strive to be the best and it is very rewarding when our guests tell us we have succeeded. Thank you for your compliments and I will be sure to share your satisfaction with all our staff.
We are glad you will stay with us again and look forward to continually providing you with outstanding service and accommodations.
Best regards,

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've been living in hotels for the last six weeks. Half of them were below par but Comfort Inn in Durango had clean rooms, big rooms!, and modern amenities. I was very happy with the price for what you get. I stayed at several hotels in Durango and to be honest this hotel delivered more for the dollar than any of them. Staff was professional and courteous. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't know what rooms were better. I was on the main highway and it was very quite at night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that your stay with us was so enjoyable. Our professional and courteous staff take great pride in making everyone's stay the best it can possibly be and your kind compliments are encouragement to them that they are doing a good job.
We hope that you will stay with us again soon and allow us to continue to provide you with the great service you experienced the first time.
Mosca, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were very disappointed a second year staying at this hotel because of the indoor pool being closed for "chemical issues". Last year in March we stayed here and were told the pool was closed because of chemical problems. Otherwise the staff was very nice and the property was clean, so we booked again this year for a December stay. When we arrived, there was a sign at the front desk, which was not simply a temporary type sign, saying the pool was closed until further notice. The clerk said the problem was due to chemicals. We had specifically booked a hotel with an indoor pool and would have stayed elsewhere had we been advised prior to our stay. Later in the evening, we encountered workers staining the deck of the pool (and the odor was tremendous). Very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your disappointment. We try very hard to do upgrades and repairs to the property as quickly as possible to avoid disappointment by our guests. Being open 365 days a year, I'm sure you can understand that these things do have to be done sometime. It is very unfortunate that both times you visited you had to encounter work being done on our pool area.
We did recently put in new cement and plaster finish on our pool and we did need to have it out of service to allow time for the work and then time for the chemicals to be brought back to the proper levels before opening it to our guests.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience to you and your family.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, so that we can offer you a better stay next time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Room was very clean. My only complaint is the strong smell of paint initially but everything is nice looking. Beds were ok. Not the most comfortable but better then most. Very friendly staff and a beautiful view of some mountains out our window. Clean... good breakfast bar too

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay.
We try very hard to make everyone's stay enjoyable. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the slight paint smell, but hope that the resulting improvements make up for it.
Our friendly, courteous staff look forward to serving you again on your next stay in beautiful Durango!
Comfort Inn & Suites
Montrose, Colorado, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Good place to stay for the price. Nice overall style, new soft beds, nice indoor pool. Staff could be more friendly and housekeeping could be a tad bit better but overall, good place to stay for family fun.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback on areas we need to improve on.
We will strive to make your next visit even better.
California, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had a great 6 days stay at Comfort inn & Suites, Everyone at the hotel was fantastic all new bedding ,new mattresses and excellent breakfast all you can ask for it.
its a very clean hotel, so many amenities for a business and family and get treated like a king.i would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. We very much appreciate and value your feedback.
Your compliments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff. It is with great pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay . Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed here once, and it was fine. Like any other standard run of the mill generic American hotel room.

I was scheduled to do business in the area when the Government decided to shut down. Because congress did not get their act together in time, the trip I was scheduled for was cancelled. I cancelled my hotel room here the day of the reservation. I cancelled and was told I would be charged a portion of the amount of the room. This was acceptable as the room was held for me. They did not state it would be 100% of the room cost.

What was not acceptable was the $105 I was charged. When I called about this the first time, nobody returned my call to address my concern. After calling a second time, I was told that this was their policy - to charge the full amount despite the fact I did not stay at the location.I turned the complaint over to the Better Business Bureau. The BBB attempted multiple contacts without any response.

The company has unethical business practices and would not recommend the place to anyone. I feel this money was stolen from me without apology.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Please allow me to apologize for the lack of a timely response regarding your concerns. It is very important for us to acknowledge and respond to all our guests regardless of complaint or compliment and so I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with the response time you received.
While I understand your frustration with our policy of a 24 hour cancellation, I would like you to understand that like most hotels we must have a form of guarantee that the guest will show up and pay for the room that we are holding for them. The amount charged was no more than the rate at which you booked your room. I am very sorry that there was a misunderstanding about the amount you would be charged. On our website where your reservation was booked, it states that if you do not cancel your reservation by the cancellation deadline, your credit card will be charged one night's stay. This guarantee policy must be checked that you understand and agree to the terms before you can confirm your reservation.
I understand that the GM has been in contact with you to resolve this issue and we extend our wishes for you to stay with us on your next visit to Durango and allow us to provide you with exceptional service and great accommodations.
Comfort Inn & Suites Staff

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado? Share your experiences!