“Very happy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Durango
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Very happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Room was very clean. My only complaint is the strong smell of paint initially but everything is nice looking. Beds were ok. Not the most comfortable but better then most. Very friendly staff and a beautiful view of some mountains out our window. Clean... good breakfast bar too

• Stayed December 2013
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay.
We try very hard to make everyone's stay enjoyable. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the slight paint smell, but hope that the resulting improvements make up for it.
Our friendly, courteous staff look forward to serving you again on your next stay in beautiful Durango!
Comfort Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Montrose, Colorado, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Good place to stay for the price. Nice overall style, new soft beds, nice indoor pool. Staff could be more friendly and housekeeping could be a tad bit better but overall, good place to stay for family fun.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback on areas we need to improve on.
We will strive to make your next visit even better.
California, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had a great 6 days stay at Comfort inn & Suites, Everyone at the hotel was fantastic all new bedding ,new mattresses and excellent breakfast all you can ask for it.
its a very clean hotel, so many amenities for a business and family and get treated like a king.i would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. We very much appreciate and value your feedback.
Your compliments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff. It is with great pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay . Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed here once, and it was fine. Like any other standard run of the mill generic American hotel room.

I was scheduled to do business in the area when the Government decided to shut down. Because congress did not get their act together in time, the trip I was scheduled for was cancelled. I cancelled my hotel room here the day of the reservation. I cancelled and was told I would be charged a portion of the amount of the room. This was acceptable as the room was held for me. They did not state it would be 100% of the room cost.

What was not acceptable was the $105 I was charged. When I called about this the first time, nobody returned my call to address my concern. After calling a second time, I was told that this was their policy - to charge the full amount despite the fact I did not stay at the location.I turned the complaint over to the Better Business Bureau. The BBB attempted multiple contacts without any response.

The company has unethical business practices and would not recommend the place to anyone. I feel this money was stolen from me without apology.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Please allow me to apologize for the lack of a timely response regarding your concerns. It is very important for us to acknowledge and respond to all our guests regardless of complaint or compliment and so I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with the response time you received.
While I understand your frustration with our policy of a 24 hour cancellation, I would like you to understand that like most hotels we must have a form of guarantee that the guest will show up and pay for the room that we are holding for them. The amount charged was no more than the rate at which you booked your room. I am very sorry that there was a misunderstanding about the amount you would be charged. On our website where your reservation was booked, it states that if you do not cancel your reservation by the cancellation deadline, your credit card will be charged one night's stay. This guarantee policy must be checked that you understand and agree to the terms before you can confirm your reservation.
I understand that the GM has been in contact with you to resolve this issue and we extend our wishes for you to stay with us on your next visit to Durango and allow us to provide you with exceptional service and great accommodations.
busselton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed three nights and on check-in found the greeting to be friendly and helpful,the room
was clean and comfortable.the was below expectations Location is great for travel to Mesa Verde,
Silverton and Durango

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. We are very pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms.
We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to beautiful Durango Colorado.
Wrightwood, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Average may a bit generous. I gave the Comfort Inn & Suites a second chance after a disappointing stay 5 months ago. The details being not tended, are in upkeep. 1 maintenance guy with a screwdriver and some putty could do a lot of good here. The shower curtain was sagging so the bathroom door would not open all the way and had now bent the rod. The door stop for the room door was missing leaving a sharp edged metal plate exposed. There were unfilled screw anchors in the wall from some abandoned something. The mini fridge was so loud and whiny that I had to unplug it to sleep. The side entry door, the one nearest my room had the electric lock fail. I reported this to the desk at 6 am and left for the day returning at 6 pm certain that twelve hours was enough time to correct it. Wrong. Told the same employee at the desk it was still not working and he just then went to check on it. It was corrected shortly after so it was a simple fix. The hot tub listed as an amenity....is gone. It has been removed t install a sauna in it's place. The hotel info should state this NOW as I would not have booked had I known this. And the food at the breakfast buffet which reported has being bad back in June, has not improved. The sausage is rubbery, the gravy is gray and the coffee pump pots have been replaced with a machine that is not an improvement. The free breakfast is so bad that I opt to go pay for one at one of the many fine breakfast spots in town. There is also now a card on the desk threatening a charge if linens are missing. Since the bath towels have the feel of those course sand paper towels we had in high school gym, I can't believe many are being stolen. And speaking of the desk, many hotels now have a desk style adjustable swivel chair for using a computer at a comfortable height. Not here. There are many better places to stay in Durango.

Room Tip: Choose one somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am very distressed that you were so disappointed in your recent stay with us.
On behalf of our entire staff I want to offer my apologies for the issues you encountered that caused your dissatisfaction.
Our maintenance department is usually very prompt in attending to any issues that arise and so I am very sorry that there was a lack of communication between the FD and that department regarding your request. We always try our best to address these problems in a timely manner and you should not have had to be inconvenienced by this error on our part.
In regards to our hot tub, we are upgrading our pool room with a new, roomy, modern sauna in the place of the hot tub. All mention of and advertising for the hot tub has been removed from our website and has been gone for several months. No mention of a hot tub as an amenity is listed anywhere on our Choice Hotel site, so I apologize if you did not realize this had changed since your last visit.
Most of our guests really enjoy our hot complimentary breakfast as we offer many choices to please everyone. I am very sorry you did not enjoy it.
Thank you again for your opinions and comments. We will use your feedback to work on areas where we need to improve.
I hope all your future travels are satisfactory.
Best Regards,
Scot
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

i paid for my room in advance on the choice hotel website, and when I got to the location they took my card for incidentals. I said on Friday & Saturday night, the 8 & 9 of November. On November 12 they ran my debit card again and basically double charged me. I politily called them which took several days of calling to get to the general manager Acbar. I finally spoke to him on Nov 15 and said he would call me back this was a Friday. Then on Tuesday of the following week I was advised by his front desk manager to call Choice Hotels Corp and file a compliant. The hotel would have three days to call me. He did not call but sent an email that did not address the issue, and then he said basically because the were nice they would we refund me one nights stay. YOU WILL GET THE RUN AROUND. Besides that the hotel smelled like clorine through out from the pool. They did not come clean my room until about 3:30 on Saturday. Price was cheap but you get what you paid for. DON"T USE A CREDIT CARD

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Patti R, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to alert us to the situation you recently encountered at our hotel.
While we do attempt to make everyone's stay as smooth and flawless as possible, sometimes we do make errors as we are only human.
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you encountered and your disappointment with the responses you received.
I am very sorry for the problems you encountered when using your debit card for your stay. The second charge to your card appears to have been for a second reservation in our system that was not cancelled. I understand that this was an error and no fault of yours, so I apologize again that that second charge appeared and you did not receive a timely resolution to this error.
I understand that the charge has now been reversed and I hope you will accept our sincere apologies for all the trouble this may have caused you. This is not the norm for us and we hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future to allow us to serve you better.
Comfort Inn & Suites Staff

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado? Share your experiences!