“My Comfort Inn and Suites Durango Experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Durango
Glendale, Arizona
“My Comfort Inn and Suites Durango Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I was very pleased with my experience at Comfort Inn and Suites. The rooms very tastefully decorated and I was happy to find a luggage carriage right inside the door, making it so much more easier to unload my luggage. My room was also in close proximity to the parking lot which was good for me as I am a widow. The parking lot was lighted which was also a plus.
The employees at the front desk were very helpful and gave me the rate and the size room I hed requested . I didn't have any questions that they were not able to answer.

I enjoyed having coffee in my room as it is a must when I wake, and the breakfast was plentiful, with employees there to help with waffles, and the hot items.

Th refrigerator and micro wave oven were also a plus . I was impressed with how fast the cleaning was done and it seemed thorough.

My experience was a pleasant one and I look forward to visiting your Comfort Inn again in the near future.

Durango is a beautiful place and it makes it so much more pleasant when your accomodations are pleasant.

Room Tip: There are so many trees and vegetation that I don't think I would have been unhappy regardless o...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
pattidgo1, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel.
It is very gratifying to all the staff to know that they did such a good job of making your stay so pleasant.
We take great pride in all our departments, so it is rewarding to hear from our guests that our efforts are appreciated.
We too, look forward to your next stay when visiting Durango.

Best regards,

Comfort Inn & Suites Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Wirral
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Having driven along roads with stunning views we were a little disappointed in the location of this hotel being as it was on a busy highway some distance out of Durango. When we were asked if we had a preference with regard to room placement, my wife asked for a “room with a view”….the factory next door was not quite what she had in mind! As we are bikers and didn’t want to get togged up in leathers to go out for an evening meal we had to resort to taxis. The girl on the front desk recommended several restaurants in town and gave us a business card for a possible taxi firm (we paid $12 and $15 respectively for our return journey). The room was exactly as described and there were toiletries aplenty. Breakfast was provided; plenty to choose from served in the large reception area.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.
I am sorry you were disappointed in our location, but I am glad you were able to get a taxi for the very short 5 minute drive into downtown to enjoy all that Durango has to offer.
I am very happy that our staff was able to recommend a resturant that you enjoyed and pleased that you enjoyed our free amenities and complimentary breakfast.
I hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to beautiful Durango Colorado!

Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We had had a very long drive from the Denver area and had been moving our son into college all day. We arrived at the Comfort Inn late and were greeted by a very friendly and welcoming front desk team! Our room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. Thank you for making our 1st trip to Durango great!! We will be using you in the future!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that your first trip to Durango was so enjoyable and that we played a part in it. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments on our accomodations and staff.
We look forward to your next visit!

Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband & I (healthy & in our early 50s) stayed here on the evenings of Friday, 9/16/11 on our way to Sedona, AZ & again on Friday, 9/23/11 on our way back home to Littleton. Both times we were greeted by Renee & Jake who were both very pleasant & handled our check-ins very expeditiously. They offered us some good restaurant suggestions. We followed through with their suggestion to eat at "Sushitarian" and are very glad that we did. It was VERY good!

Yes, I agree with other poster's complaints that the walls are VERY thin & therefore you may hear your neighbors next door, but aside from that, I give this place 4 stars based on the fact that it is reasonably priced, it is quite clean (both common areas & the rooms), they have quality staff whom go out of their way to be accommodating to their guests, & the hotel has an in-door pool & Jacuzzi (albeit quite small - which we didn't actually use), free Wi-fi, and a free breakfast.

In addition, Jessica did a nice job of checking us out both mornings very quickly.

Thanks! We will be sure to drop in again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor on the southwest side, aka, Room 301.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
pattidgo1, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We appreciate your kind words of praise. It always means so much to all the staff to recieve compliments on a job well done.
We are very glad you found our accomodations and service met your needs and will be staying with us again. We look forward to your next visit!

minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

What a great place to stay. I booked this hotel a month ago and asked for a room on the 3rd floor, at the end of the hall (quieter) and they actually gave it to me. The room was large, with frig and micro. Our internet was fast and we had cable, as promised. I write all this because the hotel may "promise" and then we get there and they think we are speaking a foreign language. It was quiet, nice mattress on a king bed and the breakfast was nice and fresh. Great place to stay. Would recommend.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We tried to find a reasonably priced hotel over the Labor Day weekend, and this was the only decent looking place under $150. (Why are Durango hotels so expensive?!!)

The place has a nice lobby, fair breakfast, and fine rooms that are quiet. We were shocked, however, at the postage stamp-sized pool. It's the dinkiest hotel pool I've ever seen, and it made upset that we paid so much thinking we could have some enjoyable pool time. Toss a few kids in the mix and the swimming experience leaves much to be desired.

The place is also very strictly against pets, so cross this from your list if you have a canine. In addition, the location is a bit isolated from Durango proper a ways out on the busy highway, so expect to drive to town to find parking if you want to walk around or have dinner.

Room Tip: There are no rooms better than any others here.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit.
I am glad you were pleased with our rooms and breakfast.
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our complimentary pool. We do have a very nice indoor heated pool, spa and sauna. It is approx 20,000 gallons and most guests seem to enjoy this amenity. I am sorry that you were disappointed in it's size.
We are definitely 100% non smoking and do not allow pets. Again, most guests appreciate this fact. I am sorry you did not.
Our hotel is conveiniently located 1 & 1/2 miles (about a 5 minute drive) from the downtown historic district of Durango. This makes it nice to be a little ways from the busy noise of town, yet close enough to enjoy it if you want to shop and sightsee.
Thank you again for sharing your experience. I hope all your future stays at Choice Hotels are pleasant.

Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is a fairly new hotel located outside of the town of Durango. This is not a great location as to go anywhere you have to get in your car and drive and parking in Historic Durango is not great.

The rooms were very nice but bedding etcetera just average. After spending the previous 2 nights at a Best Western with their lovely duvets, and premium bedding this was a let down.

We requested a room in the back as reviewers had recommended and it was quiet.

The buffet breakfast was okay but nothing special. The Breakfast Room was very nice however with lots of space and windows with natural light.

Front desk staff very friendly and efficient. Wi-Fi worked fine in room.

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear your recent stay with us was pleasant. Thank you for your nice compliments regarding our breakfast area, wi-fi and staff service.
We appreciate all comments as it helps us to know what we are doing right, and what areas we need to work on if possible.
I am sorry you were disappointed in our location. We are only about 1 & 1/2 miles from downtown and so you do have about a 5 minute drive, but there is also a very nice river walk located just down the street from us that will take you all the way through the town of Durango.
Many guests really enjoy this on beautiful summer days.
Thank you again for your review. I hope all your future stays at Choice Hotels will be enjoyable.

Comfort Inn & Suites Staff

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado? Share your experiences!