“Can't beat this hotel for the price!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Durango
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pueblo, Colorado
“Can't beat this hotel for the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I booked this hotel because it was very affordable and Ive always had a good experience with the Comfort Inn brand. This one didn't disappoint.

The room was a little smaller than the rooms in some hotels I've stayed in recently, but it was still pretty comfortable and quiet. The only gripes I have are that there wasn't a "desk chair," and the TV was pretty old and didn't have a very clear picture.

The hotel is located right off of the highway in south Durango, and is a quick drive from downtown. The breakfast area was spacious, and there was a pretty good selection of food as well. The wireless internet worked pretty too.

For the price, you can't beat this hotel. I'll definitely stay here the next time I'm Durango.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
pattidgo1, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and others know about your recent stay at our hotel.
I am very glad you found our accomodations, prices and amenities to your liking. We take care to always provide the best customer service and clean, comfortable rooms as possible.
We do offer rooms that have desks with egonomical desk chairs. I am sorry the one you rented did not have this amenity.
We will be installing new flat screen tv's in all our rooms very soon an hope everyone will be very please with the new upgraded amenity.
I am very glad you will stay with us again the next time you visit beautiful Durango Colorado.
Durango Comfort Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Nebo, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

This hotel was clean and spacious, but sleep was miserable for this senior due to hard mattresses. Although staff came promptly to see what could be done, there was no alternative mattress padding to help the situation. I eventually covered the mattress with pillows to get through the night. The hotel was lovely in every other way and the staff made the effort to help. The room rate was high in consideration of the poor rest afforded by the hard bed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
pattidgo1, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feed back from our guests and use it to make our hotel better in every way.
I am so sorry that you had an uncomfortable nights rest. As a Choice Hotel all our rooms are equipted with Quality Serta Sleeper mattresses. We also provide a 24 oz. quilted pillow top mattress pad and 200 thread count linens. We generally get a very high response to our bedding. I am very sorry it was not to your liking.
I am very glad that the staff was responsive to your situation and am sorry that we could not provide you with alternative bedding.
Again, I appreciate your comments and am sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory.
I hope all your future stays at Choice Hotels will bring you comfort and satisfaction.

Frisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

My son and I drove to Durango to visit Fort Lewis College. The Comfort Inn was a convenient short distance from the college. The room was clean with comfortable beds. It didn't appear to have been updated very recently but the pleasant staff and attention to cleanliness makes up for it. The price was fair for the product and service we received.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all feedback and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. I am glad our staff was pleasant. We take great pride in providing a quality experience for all our guests at a affordable price.
Our hotel is the newest in Durango and was renovated and updated in 2008. Our new bedding, porcelin tile, granite vanities, new furnishing, artwork and carpet hopefully provide all our guests with a satisfying and appealing stay.
Thank you agin for your comments and praise.

san diego,ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Couldn't get my flight out of Durango, Colorado because of bad weather in Denver, so I was stuck on New Years Eve. I went to a Hilton property as I am a Hilton honors member, but they were full. Hilton found me a room at the Comfort Inn which was the only place left with a vacancy. I was not looking forward to it as I thought this chain was a big step down from the Hilton quality. I was pleasantly surprised. I had 2 double beds, refri, microwave, coffee maker, nice granite countertop bathroom, safe, and 2 luggage holders. The room was clean. When I came back from dinner, party central had begun in the rooms around me as it was New Years Eve and Durango is a college town. I had not unpacked anything so Geoff at the front desk, quickly found me another room down the hall away from the action . I had a quiet nights sleep. My only complaint was the older type heating unit on the floor that was really noisy, but I turned it off when I went to bed, and the room remained warm in spite of the 15 degree weather. The bed was very firm and comfortable and the 4 pillows were very nice.The free breakfast is nothing fancy, but has a lot of things so you certainly can find something to eat. They let me check out an hour late due to my flight schedule and made a suggestion for shuttle service to the airport. The best thing was the very low senior rate they gave me of $83 including taxes.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I want you to know how much we appreciate your comments about your recent stay with us.
Our hotel and staff always strive to make everyones stay enjoyable and restful.
I am very glad to hear that our staff met and even exceeded your expectations.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Durango.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

We have family that live in Durango, so we travel to this area two or three times a year, and always stay at the Comfort Inn. From past experience, we knew that December is usually a slow month for tourists. However, when we came down for breakfast over the weekend, we discovered that the hotel was quite busy!

I want to personally thank the lady working the weekend breakfast. She was great! She interacted and greeted all the hungry breakfast guests, kept a smile on her face and the food stocked and fresh, and was very pleasant. You could tell she was busy, but she didn't let the amount of people overwhelm her for being the only person on breakfast staff for that day.

Even with the amount of people, the front desk was able to accommodate our floor preference, and helped direct us to some local restaurants. The beds are always comfy, and we feel rested during our stay. Thanks again, keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
pattidgo1, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what an enjoyable stay you had at our hotel. It is always gratifying to hear that the staff are doing such a good job taking care of our guests. We really appreciate your praise and are very glad to hear that you will continue to stay with us when visiting beautiful Durango!
Durango Comfort Inn Staff
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed there with my family and two small kids (ages 2 and 5) at the end of our vacation the night before we flew home. It was fairly close to downtown though not walkable at all. My kids liked the pool (even though it was quite small) and the coin-op washer and dryer, and computers with internet access, were both helpful.

The sauna and the hot tub were out of service the night we stayed there. The room and the hotel tooked like it could use some TLC. Our bathroom had a bad patching job, and the business center door was missing its glass window.

The breakfast was decent and included a typical selection of hot and cold items. The breakfast was quite crowded when we were there and it would have been nice to not have our meal accompanied by Fox News blasting from the TV.

One of my main frustrations with the hotel came from realizing that with my internet reservation (even with a "corporate" discount), I was still paying more (albeit just a little more) than guests who came in without any reservations. It makes me think that if I do stay in a comfort inn again, I will not be booking my room in advance or online. I am surprised that I was essentially charged a convenience surcharge for doing so.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our many amenities and want to apologize that some of our repairs hindered your use of a few. We do our very best to keep everything maintained and in working order, and it is always frustrating when things do break down. Being open 365 days a year can cause inconveinences to some of our guests when we are waiting on repairs and parts and I apologize that this was the situation during your stay.
Thank you for your patience and I hope that you will visit us again when you are in Durango.
Durango Comfort Inn & Suites Staff
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler! They went out of their way to help me when my stay was extended unexpectedly. I truly appreciate the extra effort put forth by the staff to accomodate me even though they were booked. Quick rearranging on their park allowed me to stay in the same room with no hassles. Greatly appreciated!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Your high praise and kind words mean a great deal to our staff members who always do their very best for our guests.
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know. We really appreciate it.
I hope that you will stay with us again when you are visiting Durango.
Durango Comfort Inn & Suites Staff

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Durango, Colorado? Share your experiences!