“Durango June trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Limited Durango

You added Ramada Limited Durango to your Saves list
Ramada Limited Durango
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3030 N Main Avenue, Highway 550 & 30th Street, Durango, CO 81301   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Durango

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

After a long drive I was tired and "Candice " greeted me at the desk , I asked for a double queen she said nope ,that's what you get for purchasing thru a third party in a condescending tone... She mentioned purchasing thru a 3 rd party 2 more times so I asked why is she hung up on knocking third party reservations and most of all why are you giving me attitude about this?!! I don't need it I won't have it ramada lost my business here on out . If you don't like 3rd party reservations don't take them ! Room is pushing 2 stars , room is old . Building has a low end feel to it , not enough parking and Candice really ruined what little hope I had when I arrived. She realized what a witch she was being and tried to back up with the attitude . Too late.

Long story short if you plan on using Priceline trip adviser or kayak , pray you don't get this dump.
Pace is truly barely above a single star.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ramada5157, General Manager at Ramada Limited Durango, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
First of all I would like to apologize for not replying earlier. As the New manager of the Hotel I can only apologize for what appears to be a less than desireable check-in process and a less than admirable demeanor. Although I was not the Manager at the time of your stay I would like to convey that is not considered tolerable behavior from any of our staff. It is our policy that each and every guest regardless of the source of their reservation are treated with dignity and respect. We are sorry that your reservation was not processed properly through the third party however, we can only guarantee the room type that was forward to us from them. As an added note, we are in fact an older unit as most of the Hotels in the area, and like may others our parking lots were designed many years ago before the influx of the tourist season we know now today. We are in the midst of refurbishing our hotel as our budget allows and hope that you would give our Hotel another chance to prove that your experience is not the norm, rather a very bad and poor exception. Again, please accept our sincere apologies!
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here 2 nights in Durango. I was skeptical because of the pictures on line and it looked a bit run down. The room was actually quite nice. King size memory foam bed, clean shower, and mini fridge and microwave. However, we were on the bottom floor (below ground) and the wi-fi was horrible! We both have on line businesses and need wi-fi. But we just went to a local cafe. They did have a continental breakfast, however we did not participate. It had coffee, juice, and the usual cereals, pastries and fruits. ( there are a lot of good breakfasts in town to pass up!) We would stay here again, it was clean and affordable. But don''t expect anything fancy!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMTripleHHospitality, General Manager at Ramada Limited Durango, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
It is nice to hear that your experience of our rooms was nicer than the pictures, rather than the other way around! Perhaps we should update our pictures. The lower level rooms are our quietest rooms, and we normally don't have problems with the wi-fi, since they have their own transmitters. We urge anyone who has difficulties with wi-fi to let us know, and if we cannot solve the problem, the wi-fi provider usually can. As for not being more fancy, well all I can say is that as a mid-level hotel we are always looking for the right balance between amenities and price. But clean and comfortable rooms are certainly things we are proud to be known for!
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The most exciting thing about this hotel for us was that our room had THREE queen beds in it! Very unusual!

Positives:
* Friendly staff
* Three luggage racks :)
* Very spacious room
* Had refrigerator and TV
* Large bathroom

Negatives:
- Website says they have laundry, but we were told on site that they don't (and we needed to do laundry)
- Outdoor entry to rooms
- Out of date: cracked stairs (see photo), dirty door, stained wall, dark room with old lamps
- No elevator (so if you're on the 2nd floor, you have to take the outside stairs)
- NO CURTAIN ON BATHROOM WINDOW

It looked to me like Ramada took over a property from another motel and put it into service before taking the time to make it resemble a Ramada in any way. Never having been in Durango before, I booked this hotel ahead of time because the price was right, it had the 3 queen beds, and I figured if it was a Ramada it was probably pretty good. In its current condition, I probably would not stay here again. There are many hotels in Durango which would make me feel safer and would be much nicer. If they totally remodel it, I would stay again. . . in the room with 3 queen beds!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Well, first of all thank you for taking the time for such a complete review, including pictures! I am grateful for your remarks on what you found positive and attractive about our facility, but let me address the rest of your list: Although the stairs are safe the cracks are unattractive, and will be fixed. The bathroom windows are textured and so cannot be seen through, but in addition, you may not have noticed that because of the hill we are built on, your bathroom is actually at least 25 feet above ground level, and also very small, so perfectly safe. By the way the Ramada brand does not dictate elevators when all our rooms are accessible by at most one flight of stairs.

Been to Ramada Limited Durango? Share your experiences!